Tampopo makes me hungry! :-\

Jason

Sep 8, 2001, 8:08:39 PM9/8/01
On my quest to learn the Japanese language I've come across this great movie.
However, I can't be the only one who's watched it and gotten hungry. I know
this sounds really weird but does anyone know any of the recipes that they use
in this movie? Or anything similar? Or what it is he's teaching her to make
anyway. It just looks like a really delicious bowl of soup, pork and other
ingrediants. Anyone have any answers to my ridiculous questions?

-Jay

Sean Holland

Sep 8, 2001, 10:13:38 PM9/8/01
in article 20010908200839...@mb-cn.aol.com, Jason at
xjasonx...@aol.comNOJUNK wrote on 9/8/01 5:08 PM:

That is ramen, my friend. Do a websearch for "ramen" and you should find
recipes and so on.

Cindy

Sep 8, 2001, 10:19:08 PM9/8/01
Jason wrote:

How about passing the egg yoke? Did you like it?

Trinker

Sep 8, 2001, 11:57:34 PM9/8/01

(Yolk, Cindy. Yolk.)(Funny spelling, isn't it?)

I should watch that again. It's been too long.

Chris S.

Sep 9, 2001, 1:18:43 AM9/9/01
>How about passing the egg yoke? Did you like it?

*barf*

--Chris

André Müller

Sep 9, 2001, 5:01:48 AM9/9/01
>I can't be the only one who's watched it and gotten hungry.

Cool, i also got hungry, when i watched it! i thought "Ah! Have to eat this
Raamen... My God, where can i get it???"
A really amusing film, i really could laugh about... and when u eat this
noodle-soup or that sukiyaki, remember, in which way you should eat it!

Bye / Mata ne / Tschüss!

ANDREW

westerfluss

Sep 9, 2001, 9:58:03 AM9/9/01

"André Müller" <mueller...@t-online.de> wrote in message
Also Tanpopo ist eine Pflanze und ''essbar /sci.lang.japan.garten'',
aber nicht lecker.

Wiederhören!

Cindy

Sep 9, 2001, 11:39:40 AM9/9/01
Trinker wrote:

> Cindy wrote:
>
> > How about passing the egg yoke? Did you like it?
>
> (Yolk, Cindy. Yolk.)(Funny spelling, isn't it?)

あら、またやっちゃった?

André Müller

Sep 9, 2001, 12:01:14 PM9/9/01
Ja klar, is Tanpopo ne Pflanze - nämlich Löwenzahn (deshalb war auch ne
riesige Pusteblume auf dem Shcild am Ende), aber das war ja blos der name
der frau...
ANDREW

Jed Rothwell

Sep 10, 2001, 12:03:12 PM9/10/01
Cindy writes:

> How about passing the egg yoke? Did you like it?

Loved it!!! Couldn't stop laughing. And yes, I did find it vaguely erotic,
along with scene with the woman diver with the basket of oysters.

One of my favorite scenes was the kaban-mochi administrative assistant in
the sophisticated French restaurant. It makes you realize how we associate
knowledge of food with social status.

- Jed

gggg gggg

Aug 1, 2021, 12:48:11 AM8/1/21

gggg gggg

Aug 3, 2021, 9:40:30 PM8/3/21
On Saturday, September 8, 2001 at 5:08:39 PM UTC-7, Jason wrote:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.movies.past-films/c/PXFweWrnfIw/m/OksKdKU9CQAJ