B&W laser printer for gentoo?

Dale

May 13, 2015, 10:49:34 PM5/13/15
I use gentoo linux operating system

I will either be using cups, gutenprint, or hp drivers ... I think

I don't yet know if I want a USB2 or ethernet printer

I want an all-in-one (printer,scanner,copier,fax)

want laser because the hp photosmart I have, that works good for color,
runs out of black in fast, the black ink is in the same cartridge as
light_cyan and light_magenta

the following one image ran out black cartridge
http://www.dalekelly.org/images/c_ppmcie.png

I have read somewhere? that photosmart printers aren't recommended for
text, so I want a B&W printer for usual printing,etc.

cost is a factor

prefer quality over speed

--
Dale http://www.dalekelly.org

ray carter

May 13, 2015, 10:53:54 PM5/13/15
I've had good experience with Brother printers on Debian - I've not tried
any of their all-in-1 units.

android

May 13, 2015, 11:19:12 PM5/13/15
In article <8eto0u....@news.alt.net>, Dale <da...@dalekelly.org>
wrote:
I've set the follow-up comp.periphs.printers and killed this thread...
--
teleportation kills
http://tinyurl.com/androidphotography

android