Understanding Natural Gas Hydrates

John Carroll

Oct 10, 2000, 11:36:42 PM10/10/00
Dear Colleagues

We are pleased to offer the course Understanding Natural Gas
Hydrates in the following four centers:

1. Edmonton, Canada
October 26, 2000
Co-sponsored by the Canadian Society for Chemical
Engineering (CSChE)
Contact: Bruce Peachy (para...@v-wave.com)
http://www.csche.ab.ca/Info/Activity/NGHydrates.pdf

2. Warsaw, Poland
November 2000
Space for this session available only by special arrangement

3. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
January 15, 2001
Co-sponsored by the Malaysian Technical University
(Also available a two-day course on Natural Gas Dehydration)
Contact: Prof. Ramlan Aziz
Chemical Engineering Pilot Plant - CEPP
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Skudai Campus
81310 UTM
Skudai Johor
MALAYSIA
FAX: 07-5569706 or 03-2937921
E-mail: ram...@fkkksa.utm.my

4. Sydney or Melbourne, Australia
January 2001 - dates to be confirmed

If you are interested in attending the hydrates course at
any of these locations, please contact me
(jcar...@telusplanet.net or car...@gasliq.com) FAX:
403-291-9730.

Those interested in the Edmonton location should also contact
Bruce Peachy (para...@v-wave.com) of the CSChE - FAX
780-462-7297.

This is a one-day course and it includes a complete set
of notes written by the instructor. More details about the
course content can be obtained at the following web site:
www.telusplanet.net/public/jcarroll/OUTLINE.HTM
and for an overview of hydrates we invite you to visit our
hydrates web page: www.telusplanet.net/public/jcarroll/HYDR.HTM
(a word of caution - these web addresses are case sensitive).

Sincerely,
John Carroll, Ph.D., P.Eng.
www.telusplanet.net/public/jcarroll/AQUA.HTM
www.gasliq.com

Uncle Al

Oct 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/11/00

John Carroll wrote:

> Dear Colleagues
>
> We are pleased to offer the course Understanding Natural Gas
> Hydrates in the following four centers:

[snip]

The world will be bereft of all fossil fuels by, well, TOMORROW! It
will it will it will! Only expensive, brutally imposed, hopelessly
futile conservation *efforts* can save us! No Enviro-whiner will
tolerate expanding the fossil fuel pool by 300%. We are doomed,
goddamn it! Don't you dare monkey with our divine tax-exempt destiny.

Methane hydrate doesn't exist. Unknown dangers of mining methane
hydrate. Benthic ecological travesties from despoiling fragile and
enangered methane hydrate environments. The Metehane Hydrate Effect.
The National War on Methane Hydrate. I want to see thousands of
strongly worded petitions swamping our politicians. Save Our Children
from Methane Hydrate!

If it appears in sci.environment, it is prolix meaningless shit
juggled by idiots.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/

Ian St. John

Oct 11, 2000, 9:14:08 PM10/11/00

"Uncle Al" <Uncl...@hate.spam.net> wrote in message

> John Carroll wrote:
> >
> > Dear Colleagues
> >
> > We are pleased to offer the course Understanding Natural Gas
> > Hydrates in the following four centers:
> [snip]
>
> The world will be bereft of all fossil fuels by, well, TOMORROW! It
> will it will it will!

Why, Uncle Al! Where did you hear that? Nobody in sci.environment has heard
about it.

> Only expensive, brutally imposed,
hopelessly
> futile conservation *efforts* can save us! No Enviro-whiner will
> tolerate expanding the fossil fuel pool by 300%. We are doomed,
> goddamn it! Don't you dare monkey with our divine tax-exempt destiny.

Hmm. You seem to be taking it hard. Must be too much exposure to some real
nbasty chemicals over in sci.chem.

> Methane hydrate doesn't exist.

Aha. Delusional. I thought so. Any chemist worth his salt knows that methane
clathrate hydrate exists. It has been written up in enough peer reviewed
articles. First noticed in gas pipelines in siberia where water was present
( with cold and pressure ). See http://kristall.uni-mki.gwdg.de/homep4.htm
for a descrption of the concept. Generally known as methane hydrate as a
short form.

> Unknown dangers of
mining methane
> hydrate.

Whoa. First you say it doesn't exist, now you talk about the dangers of
mining it? Sad to see a brilliant mind collapse into meaningless babble.

> Benthic ecological travesties from despoiling
fragile and
> enangered methane hydrate environments. The Metehane Hydrate Effect.
> The National War on Methane Hydrate. I want to see thousands of
> strongly worded petitions swamping our politicians. Save Our Children
> from Methane Hydrate!
>
> If it appears in sci.environment, it is prolix meaningless shit
> juggled by idiots.

Ah. Conclusive evidence of mental instability. Of course, reasoned and
enlightened discourse seems irrational to those in a state of insanity. It
is nice to learn a new word though. Prolix is a good one. Describes this
sort of rambling and meaningless diatribe perfectly.