Is Science the Answer to Global Warming? - 1 hour ago

Doug Bashford

Jul 20, 2012, 5:07:18 PM7/20/12

Is Science the Answer to Global Warming?

Mother Jones - 1 hour ago

Is Science the Answer to Global Warming? ... This is because
climate change has always been the public policy problem
from hell, the kind of ...
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/07/science-answer-global-warming

=================

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:21:35, Doug Bashford wrote about:
WOW !!! ...2001-2010 warmest decade on record

How come Republicans never tire of being wrong??

Tunderbar

Jul 20, 2012, 5:12:27 PM7/20/12
On Jul 20, 4:07 pm, Doug Bashford <Play...@work.edu> wrote:
> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming?
>
> Mother Jones - 1 hour ago
>
> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming? ... This is because
> climate change has always been the public policy problem
> from hell, the kind of ...http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/07/science-answer-global-w...
>
> =================
>
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:21:35, Doug Bashford wrote about:
> WOW !!! ...2001-2010 warmest decade on record
>
> How come Republicans never tire of being wrong??

Science isn't even the question in global warming. There is no science
on the side of the alarmists. That's why you've lost. The gig is up.
The debate is over. The science is settled, just not the way you'd
wish it to be

bjacoby

Jul 21, 2012, 11:35:08 AM7/21/12
On 7/20/2012 5:07 PM, Doug Bashford wrote:

> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming?
>
> Mother Jones - 1 hour ago
>

> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming? ... This is because
> climate change has always been the public policy problem
> from hell, the kind of ...
> http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/07/science-answer-global-warming

Um No. Coming from Mother Jones, it's clear that the "answer" is
journalistic lies and propaganda.

======

"It doesn't matter what is true ... it only matters what
people believe is true".

Paul Watson, Sea Shepard/ex-Greenpeace

3082 Dead

Jul 21, 2012, 11:43:39 AM7/21/12
From a political viewpoint, he's absolutely right. Why do you THINK the
oil industry keeps little whores like you going constantly, trying to
create your own "truth"?

bjacoby

Jul 22, 2012, 1:01:11 AM7/22/12
On 7/21/2012 11:43 AM, 3082 Dead wrote:

> From a political viewpoint, he's absolutely right. Why do you THINK the
> oil industry keeps little whores like you going constantly, trying to
> create your own "truth"?

Whores? Me? I wish! Hey you big oil tycoons, if you appreciate my
"work" here, you can show it by passing me the "traditional" suitcase
filled with $100 bills.

I mean, Dr. Hansen turned warmist whoring into a million dollars and
ALGORE!!! Cripes, it boggles the mind!

3082 Dead

Jul 22, 2012, 1:16:12 PM7/22/12
You make a complete fool of yourself for FREE.

Wow...

Super Turtle

Jul 23, 2012, 1:37:08 AM7/23/12

"Tunderbar" wrote in message

>Science isn't even the question in global warming.
>There is no science
>on the side of the alarmists.

No, you have no science for CAGW, and that is your problem.

> That's why you've lost. The gig is up.
>The debate is over. The science is settled, just not the way you'd
>wish it to be

No, EVERY single pole, and even that of the science community CONTINUES to
move in OUR skeptic side that CAGW is a crock.

As we stated over so many times, the basic physics of co2 was known about
100 years ago.

So the fact that we all agree that co2 can absorb energy, or that an ant
farting will increase the speed of ONE molecule of air (and therefore cause
global warming) is something in terms of an agreement in science that
amounts to nothing but a triviality and something without merit.

So a consensus that an ant farthing will cause some global warming is moot
and without any use to this conversation. So making a claim about co2 as
being settled science is really moot and really not the issue in this
debate.

Why care about some science called gravity or ants farting if that not a
problem?

So, if we talking about CAGW, now we have something to talk about (I mean,
either we don't care or there no problem and nothing to talk about and no
need for this group OR THERE IS SOMETHING to worry about – CAGW).

So the issue of man's output of co2 driving temperatures as claimed by the
Gore's and the corrupt IPCC's of the world? Well now that is a debate and
something entire different.

There not an agreement that man's co2 is even noticeable above natural
variation at this point in time.

If I have a pot of boiling water then placing another log or a larger flame
under that pot of boiling water does not increase the temperature of that
water.

And adding more "material" to an engine block such as "steel" (which is an
insolation) in the form of cooling fins actually increases cooling of that
engine.

So placing MORE of a substance in the air that can absorb heat but ALSO
moves due to convection can in fact become a MORE efficient heat pump to
REMOVE MORE heat from the surface. It like the water boiling. CO2 in the air
is not fixed, but subject to convection.

So CO2 just not the big deal here. During the MWP we had warmer temperatures
then today with far less co2. And we have seen colder periods with MORE co2.

So as we look at MORE science and MORE evidence the case for CAGW gets
weaker and weaker.

The public knows this, the science community knows this, heck even the folks
at the last climate summit in Rio also nearly 100% dropped the doom and
gloom of man's co2 – their game plan had to change since man's co2 is not
some big devil they ATTEMPTED to make it as.

the press, the science community, government's - they all backing off on
this issue.

Yes, as the science does "settle" down on this issue - things look bleak for
your side indeed - we don't see the "useful innocencets" posting here
anymore - you lost your troops and support of those middle ground of
gullible troops.

However, here is a great video of your global warmest "brethren" marching in
the streets of Copenhagen:
.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNQqUACJ_Kw

Super Turtle

Desertphile

Jul 23, 2012, 10:59:18 PM7/23/12
On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:07:18 -0700, Doug Bashford
<Pla...@work.edu> wrote:

> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming?

Er, yes. Praying doesn't work.

--
"[Denialists] will immediately reject the facts when they glance at them." -- Desertphile
"We will always reject your facts." -- Tunderbar

bjacoby

Jul 24, 2012, 1:13:38 AM7/24/12
I'm asking for that suitcase full of money! How about a quick donation,
"3082 Dead"? You know, as one of my fans...

And since they gave Algore a Nobel prize (and Emmy and Oscar) it's
pretty clear my DOG could win one. So why not ME? You obviously love
the show. Maybe "professor" Wormley will send in my name as a nomination.

3082 Dead

Jul 24, 2012, 1:58:42 AM7/24/12
Well, why haven't you won an Oscar or a Nobel Prize?

I mean, aside from the fact that you didn't make a movie, and you haven't
spent over 30 years fighting a clear danger long before others became
alarmed.

bjacoby

Jul 24, 2012, 10:48:14 AM7/24/12
Actually I HAVE spend 30 years fighting a "clear danger" long before
others became alarmed. And the danger was guys like you with a leftist
political agenda to destroy America (and the rest of the world too, soon
thereafter).

As for "wining" an Oscar or Nobel prize, I guess that would be because I
don't have my nose up the ass of the rich and powerful who run the world
like Algore does. It's also why Algore has millions and I am poor.

3082 Dead

Jul 24, 2012, 11:06:22 AM7/24/12
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:48:14 -0400, bjacoby wrote:

> On 7/24/2012 1:58 AM, 3082 Dead wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 01:13:38 -0400, bjacoby wrote:
>
>> Well, why haven't you won an Oscar or a Nobel Prize?
>>
>> I mean, aside from the fact that you didn't make a movie, and you
>> haven't spent over 30 years fighting a clear danger long before others
>> became alarmed.
>
> Actually I HAVE spend 30 years fighting a "clear danger" long before
> others became alarmed. And the danger was guys like you with a leftist
> political agenda to destroy America (and the rest of the world too, soon
> thereafter).

Ah. So you're a right wing nut. No problem. We get a lot of those
around here. I'm here to reinforce your paranoid fears.

> As for "wining" an Oscar or Nobel prize, I guess that would be because I
> don't have my nose up the ass of the rich and powerful who run the world
> like Algore does. It's also why Algore has millions and I am poor.

Would this be the rich and powerful like oil companies, or the coal
industry, or (in the beginning) the auto makers and insurance companies.
Al Gore was kissing their ass by promoting a concern that stood to cost
them money?

Tell us MORE, bubbles!

bjacoby

Jul 28, 2012, 12:27:33 AM7/28/12
On 7/24/2012 11:06 AM, 3082 Dead wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:48:14 -0400, bjacoby wrote:

> Ah. So you're a right wing nut. No problem. We get a lot of those
> around here. I'm here to reinforce your paranoid fears.

Sorry, comrade, but you commies are stooopid and hence not scary.

>> As for "wining" an Oscar or Nobel prize, I guess that would be because I
>> don't have my nose up the ass of the rich and powerful who run the world
>> like Algore does. It's also why Algore has millions and I am poor.
>
> Would this be the rich and powerful like oil companies, or the coal
> industry, or (in the beginning) the auto makers and insurance companies.
> Al Gore was kissing their ass by promoting a concern that stood to cost
> them money?
>
> Tell us MORE, bubbles!

Lessee I wonder just WHO gets that trillion dollar per year "carbon" tax
money? The left always blames industry (unless it's nationalized...does
that mean that GM is now OK?) But industry doesn't give a shit. They'll
just pass the tax along to the "workers" who will pay it.

And I assure you comrade, that "useful idiots" like yourself won't be
raking in any of that cash either. Perhaps you need to figure out what a
loser you are before it's too late, sweetcheeks.

Jay Herblock

Jul 28, 2012, 1:15:29 AM7/28/12
On Jul 20, 5:07 pm, Doug Bashford <Play...@work.edu> wrote:
> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming?
>
> Mother Jones - 1 hour ago
>
> Is Science the Answer to Global Warming? ... This is because
> climate change has always been the public policy problem
> from hell, the kind of ...http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/07/science-answer-global-w...
>
> =================
>
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:21:35, Doug Bashford wrote about:
> WOW !!! ...2001-2010 warmest decade on record
>
> How come Republicans never tire of being wrong??

They include a load of retards who couldn't tell if their own ass was
on fire.
That, and they'll yammer whatever their millionaire bosses tell them
to.

The poop heads lie like it was going out of style.
Indiana this summer summer is suffering its worst drought EVER.
And then to have dunbasses say. 'oh its nothing' is beyond endurance.

Those dumbasses need to be beaten on their heads and shipped to mexico.

3082 Dead

Jul 28, 2012, 1:23:37 AM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 00:27:33 -0400, bjacoby wrote:

> On 7/24/2012 11:06 AM, 3082 Dead wrote:
>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:48:14 -0400, bjacoby wrote:
>
>> Ah. So you're a right wing nut. No problem. We get a lot of those
>> around here. I'm here to reinforce your paranoid fears.
>
> Sorry, comrade, but you commies are stooopid and hence not scary.
>
>>> As for "wining" an Oscar or Nobel prize, I guess that would be because
>>> I don't have my nose up the ass of the rich and powerful who run the
>>> world like Algore does. It's also why Algore has millions and I am
>>> poor.
>>
>> Would this be the rich and powerful like oil companies, or the coal
>> industry, or (in the beginning) the auto makers and insurance
>> companies.
>> Al Gore was kissing their ass by promoting a concern that stood to cost
>> them money?
>>
>> Tell us MORE, bubbles!
>
> Lessee I wonder just WHO gets that trillion dollar per year "carbon" tax
> money? The left always blames industry (unless it's nationalized...does
> that mean that GM is now OK?) But industry doesn't give a shit. They'll
> just pass the tax along to the "workers" who will pay it.

What carbon tax are you even talking about, bubbles?

Oh, wait. This is some paranoid fantasy the Heritage Foundation fed you,
isn't it?

> And I assure you comrade, that "useful idiots" like yourself won't be
> raking in any of that cash either. Perhaps you need to figure out what a
> loser you are before it's too late, sweetcheeks.

Tell us about how CO2 ignites things, ok? Keep us amused, bubbles.

Wally W.

Jul 28, 2012, 9:53:00 AM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 05:23:37 +0000 (UTC), 3082 Dead wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 00:27:33 -0400, bjacoby wrote:
>
>> On 7/24/2012 11:06 AM, 3082 Dead wrote:
>>> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:48:14 -0400, bjacoby wrote:
>>
>>> Ah. So you're a right wing nut. No problem. We get a lot of those
>>> around here. I'm here to reinforce your paranoid fears.
>>
>> Sorry, comrade, but you commies are stooopid and hence not scary.

>>> Would this be the rich and powerful like oil companies, or the coal
>>> industry, or (in the beginning) the auto makers and insurance
>>> companies.
>>> Al Gore was kissing their ass by promoting a concern that stood to cost
>>> them money?
>>>
>>> Tell us MORE, bubbles!
>>
>> Lessee I wonder just WHO gets that trillion dollar per year "carbon" tax
>> money? The left always blames industry (unless it's nationalized...does
>> that mean that GM is now OK?) But industry doesn't give a shit. They'll
>> just pass the tax along to the "workers" who will pay it.
>
>What carbon tax are you even talking about, bubbles?

The one you acknoweldged here:

The memory is the second thing to in a Warmist. The first is logic.

Computers have logic, memory, and output.

Without logic or memory, a computer can only spew; like a Warmist.

3082 Dead

Jul 28, 2012, 10:12:51 AM7/28/12
You mean the one I didn't dispute at the moment because I don't have time
for every piece of crap you right wingers spew?

So: what is this tax, bubbles?

> The memory is the second thing to in a Warmist. The first is logic.
>
> Computers have logic, memory, and output.
>
> Without logic or memory, a computer can only spew; like a Warmist.

Oh, look, bubbles stole a dumb analogy from somewhere and hopes to
impress me with it.

find WMD yet Repubs?

Jul 28, 2012, 10:51:34 AM7/28/12
On Jul 20, 5:12 pm, Tunderbar <tdcom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 20, 4:07 pm, Doug Bashford <Play...@work.edu> wrote:
>
> > How come Republicans never tire of being wrong??
>
> Science isn't even the question in global warming. There is no science
> on the side of the alarmists. That's why you've lost.

Show us your climate-denier science then.

Don Kresch

Jul 28, 2012, 11:16:53 AM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:51:34 -0700 (PDT), "find WMD yet Repubs?"
<walter_...@post.com> scrawled in blood:
We're waiting for the science from global
warming--OOPS--"climate change".

We're especially waiting for the real data, not the false
data. You know--the data that was fucked with and talked about in the
emails? I have the entire email dump, so denying it won't do.

Don
aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.

Free Lunch

Jul 28, 2012, 12:43:56 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:16:53 -0500, Don Kresch <spam...@spamcatch.org>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:51:34 -0700 (PDT), "find WMD yet Repubs?"
><walter_...@post.com> scrawled in blood:

>>> Science isn't even the question in global warming. There is no science
>>> on the side of the alarmists. That's why you've lost.
>>
>>Show us your climate-denier science then.
>
> We're waiting for the science from global
>warming--OOPS--"climate change".
>
> We're especially waiting for the real data, not the false
>data. You know--the data that was fucked with and talked about in the
>emails? I have the entire email dump, so denying it won't do.

The data shows that humans are affecting the climate. Deniers are either
paid to tell lies about science or too ignorant to have an informed
opinion.

Wally W.

Jul 28, 2012, 12:56:58 PM7/28/12
The cooked data shows "that humans are affecting the climate" by
cooking the data.

Cooking requires heat. Cooked data shows warming due to cooking. The
more data is cooked, the more warming due to cooking it shows.

Positive feedbacks found. More cooking required.

bjacoby

Jul 28, 2012, 1:13:45 PM7/28/12
On 7/28/2012 12:43 PM, Free Lunch wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:16:53 -0500, Don Kresch<spam...@spamcatch.org>

>> We're especially waiting for the real data, not the false
>> data. You know--the data that was fucked with and talked about in the
>> emails? I have the entire email dump, so denying it won't do.

> The data shows that humans are affecting the climate. Deniers are either
> paid to tell lies about science or too ignorant to have an informed
> opinion.

It sure is strange that Alarmists like Algore and Dr. Hansen are
suddenly millionaires while all the "deniers" seem to be just as poor as
they were before this issue began. It couldn't be that Warmists are
paid to tell lies about science, could it?

(Alarmists ALWAYS accuse their critics of the VERY thing they are so
guilty of themselves)

bjacoby

Jul 28, 2012, 1:18:16 PM7/28/12
On 7/28/2012 1:15 AM, Jay Herblock wrote:

> The poop heads lie like it was going out of style.
> Indiana this summer summer is suffering its worst drought EVER.
> And then to have dunbasses say. 'oh its nothing' is beyond endurance.

Hey, shithead. Weather isn't climate. What the hell was that RAIN you
just had? Never saw brown grass in July before? Born yesterday (like
all lefties) I take it.

> Those dumbasses need to be beaten on their heads and shipped to mexico.

Why are you lertards always so violent? I guess it must have something
to do with the ways you learned from your "hero" Stalin. Mexico -
Siberia... the place doesn't matter it's the PURGE of critics that counts!

3082 Dead

Jul 28, 2012, 1:34:29 PM7/28/12
Crackpot.

Free Lunch

Jul 28, 2012, 2:06:39 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:56:58 -0400, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote in
alt.atheism:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:43:56 -0500, Free Lunch wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 10:16:53 -0500, Don Kresch <spam...@spamcatch.org>
>>wrote in alt.atheism:
>>
>>>On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:51:34 -0700 (PDT), "find WMD yet Repubs?"
>>><walter_...@post.com> scrawled in blood:

>>> We're waiting for the science from global
>>>warming--OOPS--"climate change".
>>>
>>> We're especially waiting for the real data, not the false
>>>data. You know--the data that was fucked with and talked about in the
>>>emails? I have the entire email dump, so denying it won't do.
>>
>>The data shows that humans are affecting the climate. Deniers are either
>>paid to tell lies about science or too ignorant to have an informed
>>opinion.
>
>The cooked data shows "that humans are affecting the climate" by
>cooking the data.

The deniers call the data cooked, but never do any science and are too
ignorant to know that they are just repeating the propaganda of coal and
oil & gas companies.

>Cooking requires heat. Cooked data shows warming due to cooking. The
>more data is cooked, the more warming due to cooking it shows.
>
>Positive feedbacks found. More cooking required.

Destroy the future because the Koch brothers don't give a damn about
anyone.

Free Lunch

Jul 28, 2012, 2:07:36 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:13:45 -0400, bjacoby <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote
in alt.atheism:
The biggest deniers, the only ones that count because they are paying
for the propaganda, are coal and oil & gas interests. They are very,
very rich.

Wally W.

Jul 28, 2012, 2:16:50 PM7/28/12
You assume the future would be destroyed because you haven't trained
your children to cope with the future.

You would destroy their future with certainty by economic foolishness
in your effort to save them from a bogeyman someone told you will get
them if you don't pony up with a carbon tax.

Duh!

Transition Zone

Jul 28, 2012, 2:17:42 PM7/28/12
Do tell us denier. What was used in this "cooking" that you claim? An
oven? An out door grill? Prove that cooking was ever the method used
in the first place.

Wally W.

Jul 28, 2012, 2:27:46 PM7/28/12
It's a secret recipe.

If it was revealed, others might try *and find* something wrong with
it.

Free Lunch

Jul 28, 2012, 3:21:54 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:16:50 -0400, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote in
You must not live in Florida. How does Florida cope with an ocean that
is 1 meter, 3 meters or 10 meters higher?

>You would destroy their future with certainty by economic foolishness
>in your effort to save them from a bogeyman someone told you will get
>them if you don't pony up with a carbon tax.

The increase in carbon dioxide is happening and it is warming the
climate. Objecting to that fact because you think that one of the
possible ways to deal with it is too expensive is absurd.

Wally W.

Jul 28, 2012, 3:45:21 PM7/28/12
*IF* the ocean level rises that much, *Florida* will cope just fine
with a marine environment. The people who live there may need to move,
or to hold their breaths for a really long time.

>>You would destroy their future with certainty by economic foolishness
>>in your effort to save them from a bogeyman someone told you will get
>>them if you don't pony up with a carbon tax.
>
>The increase in carbon dioxide is happening and it is warming the
>climate.

There is more than one climate. How much warming is due to
anthropogenic effects is very much in question.

>Objecting to that fact because you think that one of the
>possible ways to deal with it is too expensive is absurd.

Your way of dealing with it may not be the most cost effective one.
Why should I adopt *your* solution just because *you* like it.

You would destroy the world economies so your grandchildren don't need
to move?

It would be better for them to move to a prosperous, habitable city
inland than to be stuck with the inheritance of a domicile that could
not be maintained due to the collapse of the economy. You would have
your grandchildren live in a hovel under seige for the sake of your
ego: I left this place to my grandchildren. I didn't leave them a
world where they could be happy, but I left them this structure on
this piece of dirt in a world without comfort.

3082 Dead

Jul 28, 2012, 4:02:42 PM7/28/12
The odd thing is the professional deniers such as Heritage Foundation
finally had to admit that there was no evidence of any fraud in the email
they stole from Hadley Center. But of course, their little minions,
either out of ignorance or malice, continue with the tired old
discredited crap here.

3082 Dead

Jul 28, 2012, 5:27:22 PM7/28/12
No, it really isn't. CO2 emissions were about 220ppm in 1750, which is
about where they have been for the previous 800,000 years. Now they are
nearly at 400ppm, and there is nothing to account for that other than
human activity.

Steve

Jul 28, 2012, 7:37:52 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 21:27:22 +0000 (UTC), 3082 Dead <de...@gone.com>
<LOL> ...and the sky is falling too.

Free Lunch

Jul 28, 2012, 8:01:22 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:45:21 -0400, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote in
If we continue to spew out carbon dioxide at the increasing rate we
have, it will happen. There is no scientific question about that.

>>>You would destroy their future with certainty by economic foolishness
>>>in your effort to save them from a bogeyman someone told you will get
>>>them if you don't pony up with a carbon tax.
>>
>>The increase in carbon dioxide is happening and it is warming the
>>climate.
>
>There is more than one climate. How much warming is due to
>anthropogenic effects is very much in question.

Not really. Scientists actually know what the causes are and what
changes are happening in each. You need to stop listening to the
propagandists for coal and gas & oil who are paid to lie about what
scientists know.

>>Objecting to that fact because you think that one of the
>>possible ways to deal with it is too expensive is absurd.
>
>Your way of dealing with it may not be the most cost effective one.
>Why should I adopt *your* solution just because *you* like it.

What solution do you recommend? Certainly your dismissive comments about
Florida show that you don't care about those who live on low-lying land.
I guess you think it's just fine to steal their land because you don't
want to stop wasting power.

>You would destroy the world economies so your grandchildren don't need
>to move?

What an ignorant assertion.

>It would be better for them to move to a prosperous, habitable city
>inland than to be stuck with the inheritance of a domicile that could
>not be maintained due to the collapse of the economy. You would have
>your grandchildren live in a hovel under seige for the sake of your
>ego: I left this place to my grandchildren. I didn't leave them a
>world where they could be happy, but I left them this structure on
>this piece of dirt in a world without comfort.

You have no idea how many million people will be displaced by this and
you have made it clear that you don't give a damn about any of them or
about the destruction our economy will face when this happens.
Apparently if it won't hurt you in the next three weeks, it isn't worth
bothering about.

Steve

Jul 28, 2012, 9:10:59 PM7/28/12
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:01:22 -0500, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us>
Yeah, and the sky is gonna fall too...

Transition Zone

Jul 29, 2012, 10:28:01 AM7/29/12
On Jul 28, 9:10 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:01:22 -0500, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> >On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:45:21 -0400, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote in
> >alt.atheism:
>
> >>*IF* the ocean level rises that much, *Florida* will cope just fine
> >>with a marine environment. The people who live there may need to move,
> >>or to hold their breaths for a really long time.
>
> >If we continue to spew out carbon dioxide at the increasing rate we
> >have, it will happen. There is no scientific question about that.
>
> Yeah, and the sky is gonna fall too...

Same old know-nothing, who-cares response. I don't know why you even
keep returning here.

Transition Zone

Jul 29, 2012, 10:30:29 AM7/29/12
On Jul 28, 3:45 pm, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:21:54 -0500, Free Lunch wrote:
> >On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:16:50 -0400, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com> wrote in
> >alt.atheism:

find WMD yet Repubs?
=====================================
No they won't. Neither will most places that flood.

(as if you care)

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 10:45:00 AM7/29/12
So a pack of liars are not posting, or hiring shills to post,
unchallenged and able to point to a "consensus" in a public forum.

Note that the pack of liars can't accomplish that even in the
backwater slum of usenet that is the 'alt' hierarchy, where even
pornographers post unchallenged.

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 10:58:27 AM7/29/12
We were wondering what attracted you here.

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 11:03:00 AM7/29/12
Warmist can't peceive context. That's why they are duped to accept the
AGW scam.

As used above, Florida is a plot of land; not a "they."

You snipped "the people who live there ..."

Which misrepresents what I said.

A Warmist misrepresenting the words of others. Who would imagine such
a thing happening? /sarc

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 11:04:39 AM7/29/12
Sam attracted me here by his incessant cross-posting from sci.physics,
where his steaming piles were off-topic.

When I got here, I found "it is worse than we thought."

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 12:15:37 PM7/29/12
And I take it you're one of the really stupid mindless trolls that
afflict sci.physics? Oddly enough, I don't even see them in your cross
posts.

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 12:21:00 PM7/29/12
Wrong again.

>Oddly enough, I don't even see them in your cross
>posts.

And again.

Why is it odd?

What part of these steaming piles are off-topic in sci.physics didn't
you understand?

Steve

Jul 29, 2012, 12:54:29 PM7/29/12
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:28:01 -0700 (PDT), Transition Zone
Same reason people go to the circus.

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 12:54:51 PM7/29/12
Yeah, because objectivist denialist morons are such an integral part of
of the physics community...

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 1:00:53 PM7/29/12
You concede that those with the greatest scientific literacy have the
least regard for the Wamist hysteria.

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 2:35:35 PM7/29/12
You didn't even understand what I was saying, did you?

Just for fun, bubbles, I cross posted this to sci.physics. They'll be
amused to learn you're speaking for them.

I'm in alt.society.liberalism for anyone in sci.physics minded to reply
who may not want to spam all the groups above.

Bret Cahill

Jul 29, 2012, 6:10:41 PM7/29/12

> >> The data shows that humans are affecting the climate. Deniers are either
> >> paid to tell lies about science or too ignorant to have an informed
> >> opinion.
>
> >It sure is strange that Alarmists like Algore and Dr. Hansen are
> >suddenly millionaires while all the "deniers" seem to be just as poor as
> >they were before this issue began.  It couldn't be that Warmists are
> >paid to tell lies about science, could it?
>
> >(Alarmists ALWAYS accuse their critics of the VERY thing they are so
> >guilty of themselves)
>
> The biggest deniers, the only ones that count because they are paying
> for the propaganda, are coal and oil & gas interests. They are very,
> very rich.

And they all know full well the climate scientists are correct or even
erring on the conservative side.

They just want to rip off the irrational poor as usual. The
difference this time, however, is it will for their children's lives.

Bret Cahill

Androcles

Jul 29, 2012, 6:18:42 PM7/29/12

"3082 Dead" wrote in message news:jv3vpn$1hg$4...@dont-email.me...
=======================================
I'm in sci.physics and just for fun I've replied, dead bubbles.
You who may not want to spam the group above so I've plonked
you and won't be reading it if you did.
*plonk*

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 7:25:05 PM7/29/12
Actually, they may not know that. The Kochs gave Richard Muller, the
leading voice amongst the deniers, tens of millions of dollars to set up
a foundation called Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature. It gathered
immense amounts of data (14.4 million daily records) from over ten
thousand stations dating back to 1756, five times as comprehensive as
IPCC.

They too that vast amount of data and put it against every known solar
minimum, volcanic eruption, el Nino or other item they could find to try
and find errors in the IPCC findings.

They finally had to conclude that if IPCC erred at all, it was on the
side of caution. The earth is 2.5C warmer than it was in 1756, and 1.5C
warmer than it was in 1950. To quote Muller in today's story: "I
concluded that global warming was
real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct.
I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."

It should be the death knell to the remaining credibility of the denier
movement.

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 7:38:48 PM7/29/12
Rumors of the dissent's death have been greatly exaggerated:
<http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100173174/global-warming-yeah-right/>

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 7:46:20 PM7/29/12
Hmm. "James Delingpole is a writer, journalist and broadcaster who is
right about everything."

So he's either crazy, or he's laughing his head off at you goofs.

In any event, he's trying to disprove global warming (through Watt's Up
With That) by posting a dubious claim that NOAA lied about temperatures
in the US over an unspecified period.

And the expected crazy attack on Muller, of course.

Wasn't Muller a hero to the Denialists just the other day?

Oh, dear.

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 8:06:59 PM7/29/12
>>>the rate of warming were correct. I?m now going a step further: Humans
>>>are almost entirely the cause."
>>>
>>>It should be the death knell to the remaining credibility of the denier
>>>movement.
>>
>> Rumors of the dissent's death have been greatly exaggerated:
>> <http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100173174/global-
>warming-yeah-right/>
>
>Hmm. "James Delingpole is a writer, journalist and broadcaster who is
>right about everything."
>
>So he's either crazy, or he's laughing his head off at you goofs.
>
>In any event, he's trying to disprove global warming (through Watt's Up
>With That) by posting a dubious claim that NOAA lied about temperatures
>in the US over an unspecified period.
>
>And the expected crazy attack on Muller, of course.
>
>Wasn't Muller a hero to the Denialists just the other day?
>
>Oh, dear.

Typical Warmist "argument:" ad hom, innuendo, and deflection.

Not very persuasive, Bubbles.

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 8:51:57 PM7/29/12

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 9:00:03 PM7/29/12
You said that before.

It was ineffective before.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting
different results. - Albert Einstein

Dakota

Jul 29, 2012, 9:35:08 PM7/29/12
>> I�m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."
>>
>> It should be the death knell to the remaining credibility of the denier
>> movement.
>
> Rumors of the dissent's death have been greatly exaggerated:
> <http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100173174/global-warming-yeah-right/>

What a joke. From the link:

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 9:51:24 PM7/29/12
If that's what you want to go with, please feel free. I wouldn't dream
of stopping you.

> Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting
> different results. - Albert Einstein

You mean, like the GOP voting 31 times to repeal the HCR Act?

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 9:59:42 PM7/29/12
So the ad hom *is* all you have.

Borrrinnnggggg.

3082 Dead

Jul 29, 2012, 10:24:53 PM7/29/12
That's all that's needed in this case.

""James Delingpole is a writer, journalist and broadcaster who is right
about everything."

That's your scientific authority who refutes this multimillion dollar
study that was meant to refute global warming.

Keep up the good work, bubbles.

Wally W.

Jul 29, 2012, 10:32:07 PM7/29/12
No. It's just all you have.

Wally W.

Jul 30, 2012, 12:16:35 AM7/30/12
No.

I mentioned your lack of entertainment value.

How is that cross-post to sci.physics working for you?

3082 Dead

Jul 30, 2012, 1:38:06 AM7/30/12
I thought it would be kind of fun to look. Turns out you're considered
an idiot troll there, AND you've got the fabulous Marvin the Martian with
you!

I saw one response to you that seemed to sum up the group's view of you
quite well: "That almost made sense. New meds this week?"

Well, let's see: you're teamed up with a clown who believes all the
Moslems were driven out of Europe by the Crucades, and your only source
is a right wing blogger who insists that he is never wrong about anything.

Now all you need is some wit and originality, and you might even be
entertaining.

Bret Cahill

Jul 30, 2012, 2:03:25 AM7/30/12

> >> The biggest deniers, the only ones that count because they are paying
> >> for the propaganda, are coal and oil & gas interests. They are very,
> >> very rich.
>
> > And they all know full well the climate scientists are correct or even
> > erring on the conservative side.
>
> > They just want to rip off the irrational poor as usual.  The difference
> > this time, however, is it will for their children's lives.
>
> > Bret Cahill
>
> Actually, they may not know that.

Almost all of the 0.01% including the top management fossil fuel
industries know full well the climate scientists are correct.

> The Kochs gave Richard Muller, the
> leading voice amongst the deniers, tens of millions of dollars to set up
> a foundation called Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature.

They were hoping he was corrupt.

>  It gathered
> immense amounts of data (14.4 million daily records) from over ten
> thousand stations dating back to 1756, five times as comprehensive as
> IPCC.
>
> They too that vast amount of data and put it against every known solar
> minimum, volcanic eruption, el Nino or other item they could find to try
> and find errors in the IPCC findings.
>
> They finally had to conclude that if IPCC erred at all, it was on the
> side of caution.  The earth is 2.5C warmer than it was in 1756, and 1.5C
> warmer than it was in 1950.  To quote Muller in today's story: "I
> concluded that global warming was
> real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct.
> I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."
>
> It should be the death knell to the remaining credibility of the denier
> movement.

The deniers here have no influence on anyone.

The problem of reducing CO2 will be much more difficult than
discrediting a few wingers.

Bret Cahill

Wally W.

Jul 30, 2012, 2:04:11 AM7/30/12
How fun was it? You got one response: a plonk, and from Androcles no
less. Ask him about adding velocities. And he plonks you.

>Turns out you're considered
>an idiot troll there,

No.

>AND you've got the fabulous Marvin the Martian with
>you!

No. We agree on some science. Unlike Warmists, we are not necessarily
on the same bandwagon.

>I saw one response to you that seemed to sum up the group's view of you
>quite well: "That almost made sense. New meds this week?"

Consider the source.

>Well, let's see: you're teamed up with a clown who believes all the
>Moslems were driven out of Europe by the Crucades, and your only source
>is a right wing blogger who insists that he is never wrong about anything.

Again, unlike Warmists, I am not committed to a bandwagon.

Not my only source.

What a bunch of ad hom crap you spew.

Like I said before: That's all you have.

Borrrinnnggggg.

>Now all you need is some wit and originality, and you might even be
>entertaining.

Who was talking about another lacking entertainment value? And you
copied it. Very original of you. /sarc

3082 Dead

Jul 30, 2012, 9:05:50 AM7/30/12
Yeah, they're just a matter of taking out the trash.

The real construction has yet to begin.

3082 Dead

Jul 30, 2012, 9:07:14 AM7/30/12
Yes.

Desertphile

Jul 30, 2012, 1:08:46 PM7/30/12
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:10:41 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill
<Bret_E...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > >It sure is strange that Alarmists like Algore and Dr. Hansen are

"Algore?"

Dr. Hansen is a skeptic, not an alarmist.

> > >suddenly millionaires while all the deniers seem to be just as poor as
> > >they were before this issue began.

Deniers obey out of ignorance, fear, and ideaology. Only the
professional ones are wealthy.

> > >It couldn't be that Warmists are
> > >paid to tell lies about science, could it?
> > >(Alarmists ALWAYS accuse their critics of the VERY thing they are so
> > >guilty of themselves)

> > The biggest deniers, the only ones that count because they are paying
> > for the propaganda, are coal and oil & gas interests. They are very,
> > very rich.

The Koch brothers even claim to be "libertarian." FUNNY!

> And they all know full well the climate scientists are correct or even
> erring on the conservative side.

Of course. Professional denialists know the truth.

> They just want to rip off the irrational poor as usual.

That has always been the case, throughout human history. The
"useful idiots."

--
"I haven't seen any defensible explanation of any errors by Miskolczi." --- Bill Ward

Desertphile

Jul 30, 2012, 1:10:57 PM7/30/12
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:25:05 +0000 (UTC), 3082 Dead
Yes, but please note that Dr. Muller was never a denialist

> a foundation called Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature. It gathered
> immense amounts of data (14.4 million daily records) from over ten
> thousand stations dating back to 1756, five times as comprehensive as
> IPCC.
>
> They too that vast amount of data and put it against every known solar
> minimum, volcanic eruption, el Nino or other item they could find to try
> and find errors in the IPCC findings.
>
> They finally had to conclude that if IPCC erred at all, it was on the
> side of caution. The earth is 2.5C warmer than it was in 1756, and 1.5C
> warmer than it was in 1950. To quote Muller in today's story: "I
> concluded that global warming was
> real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct.
> I�m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause."
>
> It should be the death knell to the remaining credibility of the denier
> movement.

Denialism never had credibility among the educated and informed.

Desertphile

Jul 30, 2012, 1:11:25 PM7/30/12
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 19:38:48 -0400, Wally W. <ww8...@aim.com>
For exactly the same reason Creationist still exists.

BroilJAB

Jul 30, 2012, 2:07:20 PM7/30/12
Dr.Andrew J. Chung, MD/PhD/LLD/JD said,
Because we are in a sun cycle which is warming
the entire solar system, it is imperative to place
a UN tax on Americans who use regular gas and
light bulbs. If we eliminate Walmart plastic bags
we can cool the solar system.

BroilJAB speechless...

Virgil

Jul 30, 2012, 5:37:26 PM7/30/12