Re: Europe's warm summer shatters records

Byker

Sep 9, 2022, 11:24:39 AM9/9/22
wrote in message news:tff7qk$u5q$1...@gioia.aioe.org...

> *Climate change: Europe's warm summer shatters records
>
> Matt McGrath, BBC News via Carbon Brief
>
> Data from the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) shows that this
> summer was the hottest on record in Europe by "a substantial margin",
> reports BBC News. The summer was 0.4C warmer than the previous record,
> only set last year, while August also set a record - "a whopping 0.8C
> warmer than the same month in 2018"

Euros would rather swelter and die than stoop to the level of
"those bloody Yank bastards" and buy an air conditioner...

KKKernal Corn

Sep 9, 2022, 12:24:19 PM9/9/22
Air conditioners blow hot air into the atmosphere and contribute to
global warming.

AlleyCat

Sep 9, 2022, 1:51:11 PM9/9/22
Cut the shit, buddy. Global warming isn't caused by hot air — hot air is caused
by global warming. What causes global warming is greenhouse gases, and burning
fossil fuels to generate electricity to run the air conditioners will produce
more greenhouse gases, accelerating global warming/

AlleyCat

Sep 9, 2022, 1:51:56 PM9/9/22

25B.Z969

Sep 9, 2022, 9:57:55 PM9/9/22
Fine, outlaw them and cause a million casualties
every summer ...... oh, and no heat in the winter
either ... two million. You're gonna kill somebody's
Momma or kid and they're gonna GET you for it.

Structures since the late 50s were designed with
central AC/Heat, and low losses to the environment,
in mind. Lots of insulation and small, sometimes
unopenable, windows. In short, ovens in the summer
and iceboxes in the winter.

Go to the 'historic' part of a city and look at the
buildings. More window than wall - windows you could
open really wide. By the 20s they had ceiling fans,
but before that ...

And heat-waves and bad winters STILL killed a lot
of people but there WAS an excuse "We don't know
how to fix it". That won't hold today.

What we NEED are more nuke plants to power everything.
Yep, there ARE disposal issues - but they don't make
CO2. Pebble bed reactors are best, can't melt.

KKKernal Corn

Sep 10, 2022, 7:29:51 AM9/10/22
Crap. To get cold air indoors you blow hot air outdoors. Have you
never stood behind a bus that's got air conditioning going full steam?