Basic Question About Fluorescent Bulb Engineering

aruzinsky

May 1, 2015, 12:39:09 PM5/1/15
Suppose that I have a set A of N, otherwise identical, fluorescent bulbs with different phosphor compositions. Now, suppose that I mix all of the phosphors contained in set A and use that mixture to evenly coat a set B of N bulbs, that are otherwise identical to set A. Is the spectral power density (SPD) of the combined light from set A generally equal to that from set B? If not, why, and what is the typical inaccuracy incurred when using the SPD of A to predict the SPD of B?