Car battery fraud Europositron

Kimmo

Oct 29, 2007, 4:18:51 AM10/29/07
See below the discussion in sci.energy.hydrogen 2,5 years ago. Now
Europositron managing director Rainer Partanen has been arrested for fraud.
http://www.hs.fi/talous/artikkeli/Oikeus+vangitsi+osakeannilla+rahaa+ker%C3%A4nneen+keksij%C3%A4n/1135231383144

There is no "nanochemical" technology, there is no battery, there was no
research at all. There was only a STORY -- and stupid people who gave
1.3 million euros (1.8 million US dollars).

Entertain yourself:

"Frost & Sullivan Award for Europositrons Technology Innovation in
Battery Technology"
http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/press-release.pag?docid=34239544

Kimmo

Apr 25 2005, 4:24 pm

Newsgroups: sci.energy.hydrogen
From: Kimmo Klemola <kklem...@lut.fi>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:24:04 +0300
Subject: Re: Future cars will be 100% electric cars

nadero wrote:
> I think the future cars will be 100% electric cars, not hydrogen cars.
> Recently improvements in batteries are impresive; first will be
implemented
> in plug-in hybrids and later will be 100% electric behicles.

> See by example bellow link, about a battery with 80KW.h (aprox.
800Km) into
> 50 l and with 60kg! I have asked them about time to be charged, and they
> told me 1 to 3 hours. With such parameters, the electric car will be
very
> competitive.
> http://www.europositron.com/en/index.html

In principle you may be partly right with electric cars. There has been
a lot of progress during last decade.

But the link... Europositron is a Finnish company and it has advertised
its stock selling (I guess that is the only activity of the company
besides the web pages) for years. It has been on court for illegal
marketing of the share issue and was fined 20,000 euro two years ago,
when it did not stop illegal marketing. Last year it started advertising
again. It uses magic words like "nanotechnology" in advertising. Strong
avoid!

Kimmo

nadero wrote:
> ooooh, but they have an award of frost&sullivan for such techonollogy...
> what do you think about this award and frost&sullivan?

"Frost & Sullivan employs over 400 consultants, market analysts,
corporate trainers, account managers and customer support staff
globally. They work together in providing growth consulting and
corporate training solutions to clients in more than 50 countries around
the world."

Consultants, market analysts, corporate trainers, account managers...

Those people have a history of swallowing every story they are told.

Kimmo