News item : Stanley Meyer

Harold Wicks

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Sunday Times Innovation 1 Dec. 96 (http://www.sunday-times.co.uk)

End of road for car that ran on Water

American court finds inventor of water-powered car is guilty of fraud.
Report by Tony Edwards

It appears to be the end of the road for maverick inventor Stanley Meyer and
his water-powered car after a recent American court verdict.

The car was a wonderful, if unlikely, dream while it lasted, offering a
pollution-free future powered by a limitless source of energy. But the
dream was shattered when Meyer was found guilty of fraud after his Water
Fuel Cell was tested before an Ohio judge.
It is rare for an inventor to be prosecuted for an invention that does not
work, but Meyer's problem was that he had been selling "dealerships",
offering investors the "right to do business'' in Water Fuel Cell tech-
nology in anticipation of the day when water would power anything From
domestic boilers to cars and aircraft.
But recently two suspicious investors could not wait for that day to dawn
and sued Meyer to get their money back.
Meyer defended, maintaining his long-held claim that the Water Fuel Cell was a truly
revolutionary invention that could split water into its two constituent
gases of hydrogen and oxygen far more efficiently than conventional
electrolysis. The secret, he said, was to "resonate" electricity at a very
high voltage through water and so "fracture" the hydrogen/oxygen molecular
bond. This, he claimed, opened the way for a car which would "run on wat-
er", powered simply by a car battery. The car would even run for ever since
the energy needed to continue the "fracturing" was so low that the bat-
tery could be recharged: from the engine's dynamo.

Meyer claimed to have adapted a 1.6-litre Volkswagen Dune Buggy to run on
water. He replaced the sparkplugs with "injectors" which, he said, sprayed
water as a fine mist in a "resonant cavity" where it was bombarded by a
succession of high-voltage electrical pulses. He claimed this instantly
converted the water into a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen that could be
combusted in the cylinders, driving the pistons just as in an ordinary
petrol engine.
One of the experts due toexamine the car was Michael Laughton, professor
of electrical engineering at Queen Mary and Westfield University, London,
but he was not allowed to see it. "Although Meyer had known about our
visit weeks in advance, when we arrived he made some lame excuse about why
the car wasn't working, so it was impossible to evaluate it," said
Laughton.
However, the one thing Meyer had built that appeared to work was his Water
Fuel Cell, and it was this device that the Ohio judge called as evidence in
the recent lawsuit.
The cell had been the centrepiece of Meyer's sales pitches. It was a
transparent cylinder of water inside which was a core of stainless steel
electrodes. When plugged into an electrical supply,the cell bubbled away
merrily, producing apparently copious amounts of gas that Meyer ignited
through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and
hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert
witnesses in court.
They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and
that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay
the investors their $25,000 (£15,000).

( Any views ? )

--
..Every breadth we draw, every step we take, every thought we think,
every sound or word we utter and the aeons of grief and oceans of tears

Harold Wicks

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Robin van Spaandonk

Dec 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/4/96

In article <10...@hertsh.win-uk.net>, Harold Wicks wrote :
[snip]

>through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and
>hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert
>witnesses in court.
>They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and
>that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
>Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay
>the investors their $25,000 (Ł15,000).

>( Any views ? )
Just a question. Was any reference made to the measurements taken by the
expert witnesses? I.e. did they make any measurements, and if so are the
results available?
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk <rvan...@netspace.net.au>
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Check out: http://netspace.net.au/~rvanspaa for how CF depends on
temperature.
"....,then he should stop, and he will catch up..."
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Harold Wicks

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

===snip=====

>Just a question. Was any reference made to the measurements taken by the
>expert witnesses? I.e. did they make any measurements, and if so are the
>results available?

Nothing was quoted in the news item.

For the sake of 'justice being seen to be done' the evidence from the expert
witnesses in the form of a report based on laboratory investigations is to be
expected.
This report together with other depositions related to the case is a matter
of public record and is likely to be available from the court.

Perhaps it may even be available on line ?.

Does anyone know about access to court records in Ohio ?.

One of the expert witnesses was reported to be Michael Laughton, professor

of electrical engineering at Queen Mary and Westfield University, London,

He may respond to a an email request.

You may find some information at http://www.qmw.ac.uk Queen Mary & Westfield
College Univ. of London +44 0171-975-5029

Regards,

Harold Wicks.

Harry H Conover

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

Harold Wicks (hwi...@hertsh.win-uk.net) wrote:
:
: It appears to be the end of the road for maverick inventor Stanley Meyer and

: his water-powered car after a recent American court verdict.

Thank God! Unfortunately, another confidence man will likely replace
him within the fortnight, equally willing to take investments from the
naive and ignorant, baited with promises of something for nothing.

:
: The car was a wonderful, if unlikely, dream while it lasted, offering a

: pollution-free future powered by a limitless source of energy. But the

: dream was shattered when Meyer was found guilty of fraud after his Water

: Fuel Cell was tested before an Ohio judge.

Alas, Meyer was but another 'rainmaker.'

: It is rare for an inventor to be prosecuted for an invention that does not

: work, but Meyer's problem was that he had been selling "dealerships",
: offering investors the "right to do business'' in Water Fuel Cell tech-
: nology in anticipation of the day when water would power anything From
: domestic boilers to cars and aircraft.

Sorry, I don't want to rain on your parade, but Meyer was less 'inventor'
and more con-man.

: But recently two suspicious investors could not wait for that day to dawn

: and sued Meyer to get their money back.

Surprise! Justice prevails, at least sometimes.

: Meyer defended, maintaining his long-held claim that the Water Fuel Cell was a truly

: revolutionary invention that could split water into its two constituent
: gases of hydrogen and oxygen far more efficiently than conventional
: electrolysis.

I give him credit for this. At least he didn't flee town!

: The secret, he said, was to "resonate" electricity at a very

: high voltage through water and so "fracture" the hydrogen/oxygen molecular
: bond. This, he claimed, opened the way for a car which would "run on wat-
: er", powered simply by a car battery. The car would even run for ever since
: the energy needed to continue the "fracturing" was so low that the bat-
: tery could be recharged: from the engine's dynamo.

Sad. With an education, he could have made something of himself.
I give him credit -- He has imagination!

:
: Meyer claimed to have adapted a 1.6-litre Volkswagen Dune Buggy to run on

: water. He replaced the sparkplugs with "injectors" which, he said, sprayed
: water as a fine mist in a "resonant cavity" where it was bombarded by a
: succession of high-voltage electrical pulses. He claimed this instantly
: converted the water into a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen that could be
: combusted in the cylinders, driving the pistons just as in an ordinary
: petrol engine.

To the layman, likely an impressive tale. Unfortunately, to an educated
person, Meyer's claims are little more than pseudo-scientific nonsense.

: One of the experts due toexamine the car was Michael Laughton, professor

: of electrical engineering at Queen Mary and Westfield University, London,

: but he was not allowed to see it. "Although Meyer had known about our

: visit weeks in advance, when we arrived he made some lame excuse about why
: the car wasn't working, so it was impossible to evaluate it," said
: Laughton.

Yawn.

: However, the one thing Meyer had built that appeared to work was his Water

: Fuel Cell, and it was this device that the Ohio judge called as evidence in
: the recent lawsuit.
: The cell had been the centrepiece of Meyer's sales pitches. It was a
: transparent cylinder of water inside which was a core of stainless steel
: electrodes. When plugged into an electrical supply,the cell bubbled away
: merrily, producing apparently copious amounts of gas that Meyer ignited

: through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and

: hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert

: witnesses in court.

Somewhat theatrical perhaps, but that's what impresses laymen. I recall
witnessing, as a child, New Jersey State Fair demonstrations of ignition
coils that would quadruple your gas mileage, devices that would enable
your car to partially employ water as a fuel, and a car battery that could
last forever...in a nearby booth one company sold their stock claiming
they would produce a nuclear fueled furnace for the home.

As most of us grow older, we also become a bit wiser.

: They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and

: that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
: Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay

: the investors their $25,000 (£15,000).

What, no triple damages? If I were an investor, I'd appeal this
decision... Of course that would require that I acknowledge that I
had invested in this ridiculous scheme in the first place!

: ..Every breadth we draw, every step we take, every thought we think,

: every sound or word we utter and the aeons of grief and oceans of tears
: we've shed for our needs or the secret exquisite pleasures, ease and
: security we seek
: we owe them all to our father cosmos & sun and earth mother !

...And to the nuclear forces/energies that propel the cosmos in
this eternal, seductive and erotic dance....

Harry C.

: Who else ?. Isn’t this all we are and every thing that is and will ever be ?

:

Jim Toth

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

Harold Wicks <hwi...@hertsh.win-uk.net> wrote in article
<10...@hertsh.win-uk.net>...

> Sunday Times Innovation 1 Dec. 96 (http://www.sunday-times.co.uk)
>
> End of road for car that ran on Water
>
> American court finds inventor of water-powered car is guilty of fraud.
> Report by Tony Edwards
>

> It appears to be the end of the road for maverick inventor Stanley Meyer
and
> his water-powered car after a recent American court verdict.

<snip>

> ( Any views ? )
>

> --

Thirty years from now they'll make a movie about it and how major
Automakers conspired to hide this technology.

John Conran

Dec 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/9/96

Harry H Conover <con...@tiac.net> wrote in article
<588fcm$3...@news-central.tiac.net>...

> Harold Wicks (hwi...@hertsh.win-uk.net) wrote:
> :
> : It appears to be the end of the road for maverick inventor Stanley
Meyer and
> : his water-powered car after a recent American court verdict.
>
> Thank God! Unfortunately, another confidence man will likely replace

> ...(snip)...

> Somewhat theatrical perhaps, but that's what impresses laymen. I recall
> witnessing, as a child, New Jersey State Fair demonstrations of ignition

> coils that would quadruple your gas mileage, ...(snip)...

> they would produce a nuclear fueled furnace for the home.

> (snip)...

I have heard that the ignition coil idea does work by firing the spark plug
multiple times in quick succession with a simple resonant circuit. There is
nothing magical about this, only more complete combustion of the fuel-air
mixture.

That furnace was run on CF was it?

John Conran
<conran...@bhp.com.au>
My opinions are my own, which is logical Captain and bloody obvious.

re...@atomicsys.com

Dec 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/12/96

Gee thats too bad, cause a fellow has been running a '79 Caddilac 500 cu-in
car since 1983 on " WATER " broken down to hydrogen. he just lets the O2 go,
and uses the Hydrogen. works just fine.

BOB.

Richard W

Dec 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/13/96

> Sunday Times Innovation 1 Dec. 96 (http://www.sunday-times.co.uk)
> End of road for car that ran on Water
>
> American court finds inventor of water-powered car is guilty of fraud.
> Report by Tony Edwards

> ( Any views ? )

Very Interesting. At the moment I'm doing an A level physics project on
many of these devices ie Griggs Pump, Browns Gas. Neon Transformer etc etc,
and am having to deal with lack of evidence that is needed for me to prove
that some of these Over Unity devices may exist.

Does anyone know what a Spherical Resonator is? It's in refrence to Stanley
Meyers device, but I would like a better description than " it's round and
resonates" please.

Thankyou.

Richard
--
wheat...@moose.co.uk
The ^Nexus Home Page

Steve Marschman

Dec 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/15/96

In article <rebry.424...@atomicsys.com>, re...@atomicsys.com says...

>Gee thats too bad, cause a fellow has been running a '79 Caddilac 500 cu-in
>car since 1983

Must be a special Cadillac... the 500 was dropped after the 1976 model year.
Only lowly 325s were offered (though using the same block design as the 500).

Steve

Tony Leathem

Dec 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/16/96

re...@atomicsys.com wrote:

> Gee thats too bad, cause a fellow has been running a '79 Caddilac 500 cu-in
> car since 1983 on " WATER " broken down to hydrogen. he just lets the O2 go,
> and uses the Hydrogen. works just fine.
>
> BOB.
Hi Bob, would this fella be named Carl Cella by any chance, as I have
read an article in a magazine about a hydrogen generator he has built
and would like some more info about him and the generator, any help
would be greatly appreciated..
Cheers and a Merry Christmas to one and all
Tony..

--
Tony Leathem
T & K Electronic Repairs

karthi...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2013, 4:53:08 PM8/9/13
On Tuesday, December 3, 1996 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Harold Wicks wrote:
> [...]
> through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and
> hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert
> witnesses in court.
> They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and
> that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
> Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay
> the investors their $25,000 (£15,000).
>
> ( Any views ? )
>
> --
> ..Every breadth we draw, every step we take, every thought we think,
> every sound or word we utter and the aeons of grief and oceans of tears
> we've shed for our needs or the secret exquisite pleasures, ease and
> security we seek
> we owe them all to our father cosmos & sun and earth mother !

knews4...@yahoo.com

Nov 20, 2013, 11:03:45 PM11/20/13
"Spherical Resonant Cavity"
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=meyer+spherical+resonant+cavity&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

On Friday, December 13, 1996 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Richard W wrote:
> > Sunday Times Innovation 1 Dec. 96 (http://www.sunday-times.co.uk)
> > End of road for car that ran on Water
> >
> > American court finds inventor of water-powered car is guilty of fraud.
> > Report by Tony Edwards
>
> > ( Any views ? )

knews4...@yahoo.com

Nov 20, 2013, 11:07:59 PM11/20/13
Meyer's version of the courthouse events is posted here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sci.energy.hydrogen/public$20notice$20to$20inform$20stan$20meyer/sci.energy.hydrogen/wKc9HgxHEhs/RWjFye39VUgJ

On Wednesday, December 4, 1996 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Robin van Spaandonk wrote:
> In article <10...@hertsh.win-uk.net>, Harold Wicks wrote :
> [snip]
> >through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and
> >hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert
> >witnesses in court.
> >They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and
> >that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
> >Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay
> >the investors their $25,000 (£15,000).
> >
> >( Any views ? )
> Just a question. Was any reference made to the measurements taken by the
> expert witnesses? I.e. did they make any measurements, and if so are the
> results available?

knews4...@yahoo.com

Nov 20, 2013, 11:09:35 PM11/20/13

I'm pretty sure old CONover is dead or senile...he was a classic liar here for years...

knews4...@yahoo.com

Nov 22, 2013, 4:27:14 PM11/22/13
I began posting here as:
H2O...@aol.com
around 1997.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sci.energy.hydrogen/h2o...@aol.com
I have been trying to find my very first original post for a few years once in a while.
My H2O...@aol.com "Profile" starts before at a date before the posts and threads that appear by my search.
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/sci.energy.hydrogen/h2o...@aol.com

and then as A FEW other nyms...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/sci.energy.hydrogen/knews4...@yahoo.com

There are many Meyer sites and research blogs....
I have posted in the past on these research sites:
www.ionazationx.org
http://www.ionizationx.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2260
And as MeyerandMe here:
http://open-source-energy.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=733

I was summarily "Flamed" for years HERE as was Michael OHANNON, Tad Johnson, until the appearance of these sites because sci.energy.hydrogen "News Group" was a cesspool of "authority," as to MY PERSONAL FRIEND, Stanley A. Meyer which I first met in 1985 by phone.
Before I even arrived as PERSONAL EYE WITNESS, with others, to the operation of Meyer's Water Fuel Cell(R)....THREE SEPERATE TIMES in TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS... this "group of educational 'scientist" etc.," DECIDED WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT "Meyer is a fraud."

And so it goes.....he is dead....

Vaya con Dios,
R.I.P Stanley A. Meyer

JW
JP

> [...]
> through a welding torch.To the layman it was an impressive performance and
> hundreds of small investors signed up, but it did not impress three expert
> witnesses in court.
> They decided that there was nothing revolutionary about the cell at all and
> that it was simply using conventional electrolysis.
> Meyer was found guilty of "gross and egregious fraud" and ordered to repay
> the investors their $25,000 (£15,000).
>
> ( Any views ? )
>
> --
> ..Every breadth we draw, every step we take, every thought we think,
> every sound or word we utter and the aeons of grief and oceans of tears
> we've shed for our needs or the secret exquisite pleasures, ease and
> security we seek
> we owe them all to our father cosmos & sun and earth mother !

mike

Nov 22, 2013, 5:02:26 PM11/22/13
On 11/22/2013 1:27 PM, knews4...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I was summarily "Flamed" for years HERE as was Michael OHANNON, Tad Johnson, until the appearance of these sites because sci.energy.hydrogen "News Group" was a cesspool of "authority," as to MY PERSONAL FRIEND, Stanley A. Meyer which I first met in 1985 by phone.
> Before I even arrived as PERSONAL EYE WITNESS, with others, to the operation of Meyer's Water Fuel Cell(R)....

THREE SEPERATE TIMES in TWO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS... this "group of
educational 'scientist" etc.,"

DECIDED WITHOUT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT "Meyer is a fraud."

> And so it goes.....he is dead....

Great. A real eye witness.
Here's your chance to validate the process.
Describe the experimental setup.
Describe the measurement apparatus and how you verified what
it was measuring and the calibration.
Describe the test.
Describe the data collected...with numbers.
Describe how you analyzed that data to verify the claims.
Describe the arguments used by the detractors to claim fraud.

Times three.

Don Lancaster

Nov 26, 2013, 7:26:37 PM11/26/13
A summary of the utterly overwhelming evidence against the water powered
car can be found at
http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu12.shtml#d04-29-12

Curiously, the transcripts of the fraud trial have never been
transcribed, and thus nobody has ever requested a copy of them.
This would obviously be an essential first step in any fraud challenge.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: d...@tinaja.com

verdee...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2018, 5:13:12 PM3/20/18

Daniel HHO Hydrogen Donatelli

Feb 18, 2021, 6:16:05 AMFeb 18
Hello

Wow how times and opinions have changed since the Stanley A Meyer
Estate was saved, stored 10 years , recovered and fully replicated and shown and sold working.

The Army of de centralized home builders successfully with help of internet
spread the knowledge and parts broadly successfully.

The Training online and various on demand hydrogen groups in each country now use his circuits
for HYDROGEN HOT RODDING to save the combustion engines from extinction

IF you want to start your journey of self training and building hs circuits go here
https://www.nikola-truck.com/copy-of-h2-training-guide-1

Daniel
Founder
Secure Supplies