Affordable Schematic Capture/PCB Layout Software for Hobbyist?

Karl Uppiano

Aug 25, 2004, 12:55:06 AM8/25/04
Does anyone here know if there are there any good Schematic Capture/PCB
Layout software packages aimed at the hobbyist/student? I want to do some
electronics designs, but I can't afford the commercial packages I used to
use (OrCad, PCad, etc.).

roma

Aug 25, 2004, 6:21:24 PM8/25/04
"Karl Uppiano" <karl_u...@verizon.net> wrote in

http://alain.michel13.free.fr/Anglais.html , I use this program for my
graphic at http://members.shaw.ca/roma/
Laurier

WDino

Aug 25, 2004, 10:04:31 PM8/25/04
Try Eagle from www.cadsoftusa.com

Andy Podmore

Aug 26, 2004, 4:36:37 AM8/26/04
WDino <nog...@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<PybXc.7491$D7...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...

Try These:

www.pcb123.com

wwwexpresspcb.com

www.pad2pad.com

Andy

JeffM

Aug 26, 2004, 12:03:09 PM8/26/04
>I can't afford the commercial packages I used to use (OrCad, PCad, etc.).
> Karl Uppiano

This is one of the most common questions asked in these groups.
We generally suggest that you visit Terry Pinnell's page to see what's available.
You might also read some of what has already been posted on this subject.
http://groups.google.com/groups?&scoring=d&q=Pinnell+ecad

Karl Uppiano

Aug 27, 2004, 12:38:54 AM8/27/04

"JeffM" <jef...@email.com> wrote in message

Thanks everyone. I have some things to look at!