Resistor Color Code Rhymes - BBROYGBVGW

Roger Petersen

Feb 9, 1993, 1:58:33 PM2/9/93

I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
for remembering resistor color codes.

Anybody have any good ones? (Or a program to generate them? :-)

B B R O Y G B V G W

Roger Petersen

Larry Desoto

Feb 9, 1993, 3:13:13 PM2/9/93
ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:

>Roger Petersen

Better be right or your great big venture goes west.
Bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly.

Thomas M Nathe

Feb 9, 1993, 3:25:40 PM2/9/93

Bad

Boys

Ruin

Our

Girls

But

Violet

Gives

Willingly

for

Silver

and

Gold

Got told that once and never have forgotten it. Of course its blantly sexist
and used to be racist also (subsitate black for bad). I'm sure that their are
others that are in far better taste.

Jeff Hunsinger

Feb 9, 1993, 4:30:51 PM2/9/93

Here's the one I learned (back when I was very young and green hanging
out at the electronics store):
Bad
Boys
Rape
Our
Young
Girls
But
Violet
Gives
Willingly.

Followed up with: Get Some Now (to remember the tolerance bands).

Jeff

Khan

Feb 9, 1993, 4:51:00 PM2/9/93

In article <C273D...@srgenprp.sr.hp.com> ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:

>I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
>for remembering resistor color codes.
>
>Anybody have any good ones?

Not a limerick, but "Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives
Willingly" was the mnemonic aid I learned in my high school electronics class.

James Ryan Miller

Feb 9, 1993, 7:24:38 PM2/9/93

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly
l r e r e r l i r h
a o d a l e u o a i
c w n l e e l y t
k n g o e e e
e w n t

Joseph Chiu

Feb 9, 1993, 8:05:14 PM2/9/93
tm...@uiuc.edu (Khan) writes:

>Not a limerick, but "Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives
>Willingly" was the mnemonic aid I learned in my high school electronics class.

The mnemonic I learned is: Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well.

Hmmm... I wonder if they are teaching Politically Correct (tm) mnemonics
in high school now...

--
Joseph Chiu, Dept. of Computer Science, Caltech. jos...@coil.caltech.edu
1-57 California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91126. +1 818 449 5457

Neal Howard

Feb 9, 1993, 10:14:11 PM2/9/93
In article <C273D...@srgenprp.sr.hp.com> ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:

>I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
>for remembering resistor color codes.
>
>Anybody have any good ones? (Or a program to generate them? :-)
>
> B B R O Y G B V G W

This comes from sci.electronics from several months ago:

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Neal Howard '91 XLH-1200 DoD #686 CompuTrac, Inc (Richardson, TX)
doh #0000001200 |355o33|
"Let us learn to dream, gentlemen, and then perhaps
we shall learn the truth." -- August Kekule' (1890)

RUSMISEL JASON DIRK

Feb 9, 1993, 11:03:32 PM2/9/93
I've looked around on a couple of ftp sites and cannot find a FAQ for
this group. Is there/ where is a FAQ for this group??

Thanks,

Jason Rusmisel.

Ron Richolson

Feb 10, 1993, 10:33:09 AM2/10/93
jos...@cco.caltech.edu (Joseph Chiu) writes:

>tm...@uiuc.edu (Khan) writes:

>>Not a limerick, but "Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives
>>Willingly" was the mnemonic aid I learned in my high school electronics class.

>The mnemonic I learned is: Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well.

>Hmmm... I wonder if they are teaching Politically Correct (tm) mnemonics
>in high school now...

I learned

"Bad Booze Rots Our Young Guts But Very Good Wiskey Goes Smooth"
^ ^
Gold Silver

Ron Richolson
Associate Professor amateur call: KA7FYA
KSU-Salina rr...@matt.ksu.ksu.edu
2409 Scanlan
Salina, KS 67401 (913)-826-2675

Dale Ulan

Feb 10, 1993, 12:27:55 PM2/10/93

How bout

Bad
Booze
Rots
Our
Young
Guts
But

Vodka
Goes down
Well

-----
Dale Ulan VE6DAU ul...@ee.ualberta.ca

David M. Palmer

Feb 9, 1993, 8:28:29 PM2/9/93
tho...@tekig5.pen.tek.com (Thomas M Nathe) writes:

>Got told that once and never have forgotten it. Of course its blantly sexist
>and used to be racist also (subsitate black for bad). I'm sure that their are
>others that are in far better taste.

Batman Blow Robin On Yonder Gotham Bridge. Very Gooey Work.

--
David M. Palmer pal...@alumni.caltech.edu
pal...@tgrs.gsfc.nasa.gov

Peter T.

Feb 10, 1993, 10:38:34 PM2/10/93
Just before entering an electronics exam quite a few years ago, we were
worried that many of us could not remember the colour code, we were
told a rhyme which was quite tame, but none of us could remember it {too
tame !} so we finally got one of the instructors to tell us another version.
It is similar to the one above, but I'll tell it anyway:

Big Barstards Root Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without.
{Root is OZ slang for sex}

Well I hope no one is too upset by all this. Anyway to cap it all of, we went
into the exam knowing that we will remember our colour code, and with
the additional help from our instructor who forgot to remove the resistor
wall chart from the front of the room!

Cheers
Peter T.

Doug Claar

Feb 11, 1993, 1:38:50 PM2/11/93
My dad told me this one (kinda under his breath, if you know what I
mean), which I never forgot, either. Ah, impressionable youth... If
you know what a victory garden was, you're probably dating yourself:

Bad boys rape our young girls behind victory garden walls

==Doug Claar
dcl...@cup.hp.com

Shishin Yamada

Feb 10, 1993, 5:26:00 PM2/10/93
We had the (sexist) rhyme as follows:

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Virgins Give Wild Sex Gratefully
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 5% 10%

================
squ...@endor.harvard.edu
division of applied sciences, electrical engineering
harvard university, cambridge, ma 02138
"grad school, it's not just a job, it's an indenture
================

Doug Scott

Feb 11, 1993, 9:04:16 PM2/11/93

Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly. :( sickness!

Devin McQuaid

Feb 12, 1993, 1:50:35 PM2/12/93
In article <C2BI9...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> cogs...@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (tony c) writes:

>In article <C2BCF...@ccu.umanitoba.ca> dsc...@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Doug Scott) writes:
>>In <C273D...@srgenprp.sr.hp.com> ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:
>>

>>>I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
>>>for remembering resistor color codes.
>>
>>>Anybody have any good ones? (Or a program to generate them? :-)
>>
>>> B B R O Y G B V G W
>

>Here's one I got fried for in electronics calss "High School '90"
>

>0 B (insert color)
>1 B oys
>2 R un
>3 O ver
>4 Y ellow
>5 G irls
>6 B ecause
>7 V ary
>8 G ay
>9 W (insert color)
>/ 10 5% G irls
>/ 100 10% S uck
>
>It even includes divisors and tolerences.
>

>:-) Tony C.

In the Air Force we were taught

Bad
Boys
Rape
Our
Young
Girls
But
Violet
Gives
Willingly

-Devin

Brad Kepley

Feb 12, 1993, 6:49:35 PM2/12/93
In article <C2BCF...@ccu.umanitoba.ca> dsc...@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Doug Scott) writes:

>Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly. :( sickness!

Well, I think that's the whole point. Didn't Patton say something like
"if you want them to remember it, give it to them dirty" (at least that's
what he said in the movie).

--
Brad Kepley Internet kep...@photon.phys.unca.edu
Work-days Voice (704)252-8330

tony c

Feb 11, 1993, 11:10:28 PM2/11/93
In article <C2BCF...@ccu.umanitoba.ca> dsc...@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Doug Scott) writes:
>In <C273D...@srgenprp.sr.hp.com> ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:
>

>>I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
>>for remembering resistor color codes.
>
>>Anybody have any good ones? (Or a program to generate them? :-)
>
>> B B R O Y G B V G W

Here's one I got fried for in electronics calss "High School '90"

Keith Lofstrom

Feb 13, 1993, 10:48:16 PM2/13/93
ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:

>I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
>for remembering resistor color codes.
>

> B B R O Y G B V G W

Not great, but P.C. at least, is this semi-memorable phrase via the
U. of Minn. Society for Women Engineers:

By Becoming Revolutionary Orators, Young Girls Become Very Great Women,

Okay. So P.C. isn't much fun. Sigh.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom kei...@klic.rain.com Voice (503)-520-1993
Design Contracting in Bipolar and CMOS - Analog, Digital, and Power ICs

Mark Newland

Feb 14, 1993, 5:55:38 PM2/14/93
ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:

a o a u o i u i o i
d y p r u r t o e l
s e n l l s l
g s e i
t n

Chris Systems Stud Pikus

Feb 15, 1993, 12:46:11 AM2/15/93
> In <C273D...@srgenprp.sr.hp.com> ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:
>
> >I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
> >for remembering resistor color codes.
>
> >Anybody have any good ones? (Or a program to generate them? :-)
> > B B R O Y G B V G W

dsc...@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Doug Scott) writes:

> Bad boys rape our young girls but Violet goes willingly. :( sickness!

One of my esteemed female colleagues came up with this one:

"Buff Babes rip off your genitals but very genuinely weep."

Wow.

--
Christopher J. Pikus, | The Alt.tasteless Awards-for-Excellence
Megatek Corp., San Diego, CA | Elections coming in March 1993

Ren Tescher

Feb 15, 1993, 9:32:04 AM2/15/93
>ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:
>
>>I seem to have forgotten most of the good lymericks that I learned in school
>>for remembering resistor color codes.
>>
>> B B R O Y G B V G W

I've got a duch one to remember the colors on resistors

Zij Zwart (black,0)
Bracht Bruin (brown,1)
Rozen Rood (red,2)
Op Oranje (orange,3)
Gerrits Geel (yellow,4)
Graf Groen (green,5)
Bij Blauw (blue,6)
Vies Violet (violet,7)
Grijs Grijs (grey,8)
Weer Wit (white,9)

Something like: She brought roses to the Grave of Gerrit with dark grey
whether.

Larry Grieve

Feb 16, 1993, 8:56:18 AM2/16/93
One which I was taught as a youngster was :

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without

How many others are there????

Larry Grieve
lar...@dcs.gla.ac.uk
What use is life without a laugh - Just made it up!!
Larry Grieve | Electronic & Software Engineering|
University of Glasgow | The Solution of the Nineties |
lar...@dcs.gla.ac.uk | to all your problems (...NOT!) |

Michael G. Katzmann

Feb 16, 1993, 10:42:54 AM2/16/93
In article <C273D...@srgenprp.sr.hp.com> ro...@sr.hp.com (Roger Petersen) writes:

>Anybody have any good ones? (Or a program to generate them? :-)
>
> B B R O Y G B V G W
>
>Roger Petersen

The only one that I could repeat in mixed comapny is:

Better Buy Resistors Or Your Grid Bias Voltages Go West

(for the younger viewers, you could substitute "Gate" for "Grid".)

--
Michael Katzmann > Broadcast Sports Technology Inc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ < Crofton, Maryland. U.S.A

Eric Praetzel

Feb 16, 1993, 3:32:19 PM2/16/93
In article <C2Jo1...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> lar...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Larry Grieve) writes:
Re: color codes
>One which I was taught as a youngster was :
>Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without

With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)
and university engineering courses these memory aids are falling out of
favor for some reason. The real qestion becomes, "Does someone have a
saying that would act as a memory aid without upsetting anyone, past,
present or future with or without full faculities of any race/gender/minority
group/nation/social group/species/...... ".
- Eric

When subtlety fails us we must make do with cream pies.
--David Brin

Jean-Sebastien Theriault

Feb 16, 1993, 6:11:09 PM2/16/93
In article <C2K6D...@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca> prae...@tesla.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Praetzel) writes:
>With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)
>and university engineering courses these memory aids are falling out of
>favor for some reason. The real qestion becomes, "Does someone have a
>saying that would act as a memory aid without upsetting anyone, past,
>present or future with or without full faculities of any race/gender/minority
>group/nation/social group/species/...... ".

Here's one (unless you have something against drinking vodka):
"Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well".

--
Jean-Sebastien Theriault "This is my signature quote"
j...@nrcsp1.iar.nrc.ca -me

Roger Petersen

Feb 17, 1993, 9:40:06 PM2/17/93

Summary of last week's responses
--------------------------------

Wow, lots of response to this.
Here's a summary of e-mail and news responses for the last week.

Many people mentioned the ever popular (but sexist) rape Violet mnemonic:
Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly.

optionally, you can add the tolerance bands (Gold, Silver, None):
Get Some Now
(for) Gold (or) Silver (or) Nothing.
with Green Stamps

Jim Carr suggested some simple substitutions, to swap the sexes:
Bad Boys --> Brainy Babes
Girls --> Guys
Violet --> Vince (or Peter if you prefer purple)

Here are several other replies:

Better Buy Resistors Or Your Grid Bias Voltages Go West

Better Be Right Or Your Great Big Venture Goes West.
Big Bird Runs On Your Garden But Vegetables Grow Wonderfully

By Becoming Revolutionary Orators, Young Girls Become Very Great Women

Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts But Vodka Goes Well

Bad Booze Rots Our Young Guts But Very Good Wiskey Goes Smooth

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls Behind Victory Garden Walls

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without

Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Virgins Give Wild Sex Gratefully

Big Barstards Root Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without.

Batman Blow Robin On Yonder Gotham Bridge. Very Gooey Work.

Buff Babes Rip Off Your Genitals But Very Genuinely Weep
Buff Butches Reamed One Young Guy, Buggered Violently, Watchit.
B(Lack) Boys Run Over Yellow Girls Because Vary Gay W(Hite) Girls Suck

Zij Bracht Rozen Op Gerrits Graf Bij Vies Grijs Weer

Eric Jaderlund

Feb 18, 1993, 2:48:33 PM2/18/93
How about:

Better Build Roof Over Your Garage Before Van Gets Wet

Hey! Its Non sexist, non racist, non violent!!! and hopefully
wont offent van owners!!

-Eric Jaderlund

Adrian Hurt

Feb 19, 1993, 7:35:35 AM2/19/93

The way I remembered them did not depend on a mnemonic. Even I could remember
that there were black and brown, then a whole load of bright colours, then
grey and white. I remembered the exact sequence by light. Black means no
light at all, so it was the lowest value - that sorted out which out of black
or brown came first. The bright colours were the same as those of the rainbow.
(It's just a pity indigo wasn't in the colour code. :-) White means all the
colours at full intensity, i.e. maximum light, i.e. maximum value. As for the
tolerance codes, gold is obviously better than silver, which is better than
nothing at all.

Then all I had to worry about was learning those mnemonics. :-)

--
"Keyboard? How quaint!" - M. Scott

Adrian Hurt | JANET: adr...@uk.ac.hw.cee
UUCP: ..!uknet!cee.hw.ac.uk!adrian | ARPA: adr...@cee.hw.ac.uk

Tom Bruhns

Feb 19, 1993, 4:07:22 PM2/19/93
squ...@endor.uucp (Shishin Yamada) writes:

>We had the (sexist) rhyme as follows:
>

>Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Virgins Give Wild Sex Gratefully

>0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 5% 10%

besides being sexist, it's wrong: Silver=10%, Gold=5%. And
these days, expect to see some other tolerance bands, too,
like red, brown and violet.

Milind D Paranjpe

Feb 19, 1993, 9:36:04 PM2/19/93
B. B. ROY Goes to Bombay Via Gate Way
^ ^ ^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
--
Milind Paranjpe | 141A Escondido Village
para...@leland.stanford.edu | Stanford, CA 94305
| (415) 497-7641

Bob Billson

Feb 21, 1993, 4:37:11 PM2/21/93
prae...@tesla.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Praetzel) says:
>In article <C2Jo1...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> lar...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Larry Grieve) writes:
>Re: color codes
>>One which I was taught as a youngster was :
>>Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without
>
>With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)
>and university engineering courses these memory aids are falling out of
>favor for some reason. The real qestion becomes, "Does someone have a
>saying that would act as a memory aid without upsetting anyone, past,
>present or future with or without full faculities of any race/gender/minority
>group/nation/social group/species/...... ".

Gak! A politically correct mnemonic?
--
Bob Billson, KC2WZ | internet: b...@kc2wz.bubble.org
$nail: 21 Bates Way, Westfield, NJ 07090 | uucp: ...!uunet!kc2wz!bob

"Friends don't let friends run DOS" -- Microware

Richard Murnane

Feb 21, 1993, 9:47:21 PM2/21/93
In article <C2K6D...@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca> prae...@tesla.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Praetzel) writes:
>With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)
>and university engineering courses these memory aids are falling out of
>favor for some reason. The real qestion becomes, "Does someone have a
>saying that would act as a memory aid without upsetting anyone, past,
>present or future with or without full faculities of any race/gender/minority
>group/nation/social group/species/...... ".

One I learned at the tender age of 14:

"Black Beetles Running On Your Grass Bring Very Good Weather"

Ok, so it's offensive to meteorologists - when was the last time you
saw one of THEM in an electronics class? :-)

73 de Richard VK2SKY

--
Richard P. Murnane "Making it up? Making it up? Why should
Internet: rich...@runx.oz.au I want to make anything up? Life's bad

Jimmy Johnstone

Feb 22, 1993, 4:26:56 AM2/22/93

Lets get this out of the way and hopefully off the "air" ASAP. The method I use
is as follows

"Betty Brown runs over your garden but Violet Gray walks".

I don't think this will offend anyone, do you?

Michael Brown

Feb 22, 1993, 2:56:14 PM2/22/93

A perennial favourite at The Maitland Radio club 16 odd
years ago , in less racially enlightened times was.

Black Bastards Rape Our Young Girls , Beaut Virgins Gone West.

or

Black Boy Ran Over Your Garden Bed , Violets Gone west.

Sorry , but this is small town Australia.

--
.-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Michael Brown at Craggenmoore Public Access Unix |

michael kamlet

Feb 22, 1993, 3:10:51 PM2/22/93
In article <1993Feb22....@scorch.apana.org.au> har...@scorch.apana.org.au (Michael Brown) writes:

> A perennial favourite at The Maitland Radio club 16 odd
> years ago , in less racially enlightened times was.
>
> Black Bastards Rape Our Young Girls , Beaut Virgins Gone West.
>
> or
>
> Black Boy Ran Over Your Garden Bed , Violets Gone west.

The one I learned in high school was

Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts, But Vodka Goes Well...

Mike

--

Mike Kamlet
mi...@vpnet.chi.il.us

Paul Johnson

Feb 24, 1993, 6:28:27 AM2/24/93
In article <C2K6D...@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca> prae...@tesla.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Praetzel) writes:

>>Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without

>With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)

[We need a politically correct one]

Because Boys Run Over Your Garden, Be Violent, Get Western Shot Guns

The last two stand for Silver and Gold, the 10% and 5% tolerance bands.

Paul.

--
Paul Johnson (p...@gec-mrc.co.uk). | Tel: +44 245 73331 ext 3245
--------------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Roberto Salama

Feb 24, 1993, 10:35:09 AM2/24/93
In article 2...@kc2wz.bubble.org, b...@kc2wz.bubble.org (Bob Billson) writes:
>prae...@tesla.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Praetzel) says:
>>In article <C2Jo1...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> lar...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Larry Grieve) writes:
>>Re: color codes
>>>One which I was taught as a youngster was :
>>>Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without

The one I knew went:
Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly

---

+---------------------------------+
| Roberto Salama |
| Goldman Sachs |
| 85 Broad Street 85B25 |
| New York, NY 10004 |
| |
| Internet: sal...@fi.gs.com |
| Voice: (212) 902-0121 |
+---------------------------------+

Dave Bushong

Feb 24, 1993, 5:07:59 PM2/24/93
b...@kc2wz.bubble.org (Bob Billson) writes:

>prae...@tesla.uwaterloo.ca (Eric Praetzel) says:
>>In article <C2Jo1...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> lar...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Larry Grieve) writes:
>>Re: color codes
>>>One which I was taught as a youngster was :
>>>Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Virgins Go Without
>>
>>With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)
>>and university engineering courses these memory aids are falling out of
>>favor for some reason. The real qestion becomes, "Does someone have a
>>saying that would act as a memory aid without upsetting anyone, past,
>>present or future with or without full faculities of any race/gender/minority
>>group/nation/social group/species/...... ".

>Gak! A politically correct mnemonic?

On most subjects, I'm probably the last to be Politically
Correct. But this time I agree: rape is never funny and
should not be trivialized.

Dave
--
Dave Bushong, Wang Laboratories, Inc. Amateur Radio Callsign KZ1O
Project Leader, OCR products kz1o@n0ary.#noca.ca.na

Angus Hay

Feb 28, 1993, 7:24:20 AM2/28/93

>Bad Beer Rots Our Young Guts, But Vodka Goes Well...

or Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls, But Violet Gives Willingly

--
* * Angus Hay, Dept of Electrical Engineering,
** * University of the Witwatersrand,

Bob Billson

Feb 28, 1993, 9:48:18 PM2/28/93
dbus...@wang.com (Dave Bushong) says:
>>>In article <C2Jo1...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> lar...@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Larry Grieve) writes:
>>>Re: color codes
>>>
>>>With the recent influx of fems into our electronics courses (in highschool)
>>>and university engineering courses these memory aids are falling out of
>>>favor for some reason. The real qestion becomes, "Does someone have a
>>>saying that would act as a memory aid without upsetting anyone, past,
>>>present or future with or without full faculities of any race/gender/minority
>>>group/nation/social group/species/...... ".
>
>>Gak! A politically correct mnemonic?
>
>On most subjects, I'm probably the last to be Politically
>Correct. But this time I agree: rape is never funny and
>should not be trivialized.

I should have edited my reply better. I agree 100% rape is not funny and
should never be trivialized. The Politically Correct I, unclearly, referred
to was the original poster's line about not upsetting anyone, past, present
or future... My sincere apologies for not making myself clear.

Bob