CHIP, a $9 computer with WiFi, Bluetooth, 1GHz CPU, 512MB RAM and 4GB storage

Dr. Jai Maharaj

May 10, 2015, 7:15:03 PM5/10/15
CHIP, a $9 computer with WiFi, Bluetooth, 1GHz CPU, 512MB
RAM and 4GB storage

By Suzanne Jean
thenextdigit.com
Sunday, May 10, 2015

With the sizes slimming down, it is certainly not a huge
surprise that we have a Chip sized computer amidst us.
What is really astonishing is the fact that this chip
sized computer costs only $9 and can do literally
everything for you. The Chip as it has been named runs on
Linux and includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well.

In fact, CHIP from Next Thing Co. also offers a VGA or an
HDMI post for monitors, adding immense versatility to it.
To be true, this is certainly one invention that all of
us might just have been looking forward to.

CHIP has already raised over $566,200 (as of writing)
from the Kickstarter campaign with the help of nearly
11,300 backers. Their initial goal was $50,000, and they
still have 26 more days to complete the campaign. Experts
believe that the campaign would raise over $1 million
through the Kickstarter campaign.

Continues at:

http://thenextdigit.com/21465/chip-9-wifi-bluetooth-1ghz-cpu-512mb-ram-4gb-storage/

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.jai-maharaj

Sam Wormley

May 11, 2015, 10:42:18 AM5/11/15
On 5/10/15 6:14 PM, Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
> CHIP, a $9 computer with WiFi, Bluetooth, 1GHz CPU, 512MB
> RAM and 4GB storage

Reminds me of the innards of an Apple Watch