Looking for a substitute for the 74C922

Frank Tamminga

May 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/31/97

I need a one chip substitute for the 74C922 from National Semiconductors.
This IC is (was) a 16-key to BCD convertor the keys are positioned in a
standard 4x4 matrix.

When a key is hit, the BCD code will appear at the corresponding pins
together with an interrupt for my microcontroller.

Who knows if there exists another device witch has similar functionality?

Mel! (Steve Mellor)

Jun 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/1/97

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Frank Tamminga was saying...

>I need a one chip substitute for the 74C922 from National Semiconductors.
>This IC is (was) a 16-key to BCD convertor the keys are positioned in a
>standard 4x4 matrix.

Why? Is this device now obsolete?

m...@cix.co.uk

William Rothanburg

Jun 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/5/97

Frank,

Why substitute? According to the latest DigiKey catalog, the
74C922 is still available. If you must substitute, you could probably
program a PIC to do the job...

Bill

On 31 May 1997 20:07:36 GMT, "Frank Tamminga" <P.F.Ta...@hgt.nl>
wrote:

>I need a one chip substitute for the 74C922 from National Semiconductors.
>This IC is (was) a 16-key to BCD convertor the keys are positioned in a
>standard 4x4 matrix.

Dustin Messett

Jun 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/15/97

William Rothanburg wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Why substitute? According to the latest DigiKey catalog, the
> 74C922 is still available. If you must substitute, you could probably
> program a PIC to do the job...
>
> >Who knows if there exists another device witch has similar functionality?
> >
> >Motorola makes 2 devices, one for 3*4, and one for 4*4 matrixes, think
that they're numbers are MC15040/1. Numbers may be wrong, but Motorola
data books should turn this device up.
Reply intended for original poster.

DHM