Yamaha CDC-E250 problem.

Chuck

Jan 10, 2022, 9:31:35 AM1/10/22

I cleaned and lubed a functional cd changer. After I was done,
the number 2 disc tray won't retract. I stopped being an
authorized. Yamaha tech 2 years before this model was sold and
I'm having difficulty understanding how the changer mechanism
functions. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Chuck

Peter W.

Jan 10, 2022, 10:35:01 AM1/10/22
Service Manual here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/yamaha/cdc-e250.shtml

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Chuck

Jan 10, 2022, 12:43:27 PM1/10/22
Thanks Peter. I had already downloaded it. I was hoping there was a
known flaw and fix that could speed up the repair since this is a
freebie.

Peter W.

Jan 10, 2022, 2:01:53 PM1/10/22
On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 12:43:27 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
> I was hoping there was a
> known flaw and fix that could speed up the repair since this is a
> freebie.

In a word: Yamaha.

Adrian Caspersz

Jan 11, 2022, 1:33:13 AM1/11/22
On 10/01/2022 19:01, Peter W. wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 12:43:27 PM UTC-5, Chuck wrote:
>> I was hoping there was a
>> known flaw and fix that could speed up the repair since this is a
>> freebie.
>
> In a word: Yamaha.

<ouch>

One project I have had on the theoretical bench a long time, is to
replace some of the read electronics in a CD changer with some from a CD
ROM drive.

Then I could pile my CDs into it, and have them rip'ed without having to
constantly attend to the thing....

.... however, music streaming became a thing, and Spotify has already
got my library online ...

--
Adrian C

Trevor Wilson

Jan 11, 2022, 1:50:25 PM1/11/22
**I don't know that, specific, model, but I am familiar with the type of
mechanism. They are horrible to work on. I refused to take them in for
service many years ago. Just not worth the effort. Carousel types are
much easier.

Chuck

Jan 12, 2022, 4:36:32 PM1/12/22
Thanks Trevor. I figured as much. I have years of experience working
on Yamaha carousel players but none on this mechanism.
Message has been deleted

Chuck

Jan 10, 2024, 1:52:30 PMJan 10
On Tue, 9 Jan 2024 22:38:09 -0800 (PST), Ben Lu
<camsn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>This is a old thread, so I don't know if you are still looking for the solution. If so, I'm very familiar with this drive and have fixed more than a hundred units.
Thanks for your advice but I had cataracts at the time and I tanked
the mechanism while disassembling it.