LXI large screen tv, who makes it? need schem.

Charles Patterson

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
I have a LXI large screen, rear projection tv.
I think LXI was sold by Sears but manufactured by RCA or Magnavox?
I can't find any sam's photofacts for LXI

Model is 554461 002
Ser num is: 62191502
another model number printed on it is: 62654461850

The problem:
when the power button (keypad or remote) is pressed, you hear a click as if
it was going to start up, then within a few seconds, another soft click and
it's dead.

When the problem began it was intermittant, it would start up occaisionally.
That lasted only a few days then it died all together.

It's an older system (10yrs?) but in good looking condition. My neighbor
was throwing it away a couple years ago so I rolled it into my garage, I
found the cold solder joint but he had already replaced the set with a new
one so I kept it. We got a couple years of use out of it but I'd like to get
more if possible.

The real problem with discarding it is that it took 6 people to get it up my
front steps and into the living room! I'll have to throw another pizza
party just to get rid of it.

Charles

--
Charles Patterson
Global Communications

rifter

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
Try finding more cold solder joints. There is bound to many more with a set as
old as that one.

-rif

JURB6006

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
Six people ! ?

Anywat the 626.whatever # is the model. NAP built LXI units didn't appear until
about the PTV375. The PTV # tells the story. It is in there somewhere, and NAP
actuaqlly supplied schematics for these units, along with all the equivalent
models in Mag, Syl, Phillips etc. You probably need manual 7488 or 7496.

Intermittent startup, especially after storage is usually caused by a bad lytic
on the def/sig board. It actually dubbed a W1 chassis, but with no HV output.

Charles Patterson

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00
Thanks,
who is NAP?
I'll warm up the iron and check the caps.

Charles

"JURB6006" <jurb...@aol.com> wrote in message

ANHCNS

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
>cha...@telephonesecurity.com

>Thanks,
>who is NAP?

North American Philips

Ren
dona nobis pacem

Akhir Nilaa

Sep 14, 2021, 10:46:15 AM9/14/21
the same problem is happened to me also. guess what i did. ??? I REPLACED IT :)

https://www.biiboys.com/p/women-seeking-men.html

Peter W.

Sep 14, 2021, 11:59:01 AM9/14/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 10:46:15 AM UTC-4, Akhir Nilaa wrote:
> the same problem is happened to me also. guess what i did. ??? I REPLACED IT :)
>
> https://www.biiboys.com/p/women-seeking-men.html

https://storage.googleapis.com/afs-prod/media/media:71e4eddb5cf541f79e1d269610812d1e/3000.jpeg

Meet Akhir~!~