JVC VCR HR-D750EA PS problem

JohnAce

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
I had one like this an dfound it was in child protect mode. What had to be
done was hit the power on button on the remote for about 5 seconds and itshould
go on.

Bob Cousins

Aug 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/2/98
In sci.electronics.repair, Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:

>This is an interesting one. It is completely dead. Owner told me that they
>turned it off before leaving for holiday and when they tried to turn it back
>on it never did. I checked every part in PS -- all look OK. I replaced STR
>in PS without any luck. There is nothing comes out of PS. Any ideas?

I have a 750EK with an apparently identical problem. I left it unattended in
standby for a few weeks and it went totally dead, though I haven't checked the
PS fully.
--
Bob Cousins, Software Engineer.
Home page at http://www.lintilla.demon.co.uk/

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
JohnAce wrote in message
<199808022304...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

When unit is in child protect mode, at least display is on. This one is
completely dead. Nothing comes out of PS, so no circuitry inside of the VCR
will work.

Rudolf

JohnAce

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
The one I had no display on unit.

John A James

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
I've had similar problems. In this case I found that replacing C13 180uF
16V and
C14 1uF 50V got the machine going again but it bounced a week later. I had
to replace the capacitors and the STR10006 at the same time. It's a good
idea
to fit a mica washer between the heatsink and the IC.

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii <rud...@icpdd.neca.nec.com.au> wrote in article
<90209821...@busy.neca.nec.com.au>...

Sam Goldwasser

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
How about the electrolytic caps?

--- sam : Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/
Latest Sam stuff: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/
Lasers: http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm
http://www.misty.com/~don/lasersam.html

Eric Mcmillan

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
Rebuil power supply ie new caps throughout should get it
good luck
--
Eric McMillan er...@trinix.com.au Perth Australia
A/V Electronics Technician , Sound Engineer

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii <rud...@icpdd.neca.nec.com.au> wrote in article
<90209821...@busy.neca.nec.com.au>...
> Hi, All

Sean Malone

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
If they just turned it off, that will not protect the unit from a power surge. Repairing a switch mode supply is no
simple task, and the shotgun approach will only lead to heartache. Is your primary side kicking at all? You should
be able to isolate the PS from the unit and get at least a +5 or +12.

> In article <90209821...@busy.neca.nec.com.au> "Rudolf Ladyzhenskii" <rud...@icpdd.neca.nec.com.au> writes:

vcard.vcf