C.Crane radio antenna problem

inter naughtfull

Nov 14, 2020, 12:10:15 AM11/14/20

I have a C.Crane Witness + Radio. It has a tivo-like function
and can record broadcasts to mp3 files on an SD card.

The antenna fits into the headphone jack and is about 2 ft long.
The reception is not great. How can I make the reception better
with a longer antenna?

Can I just cut the end off of the antenna and splice a copper wire
on it, or does it have to be some special 'antenna' wire?

I bought some antennas with 3.5 plugs on them but they didn't
work well. The C.Crane antenna wire has a 'half-plug' on it
so it doesn't cut out the speakers when inserted.

Thanks,

itchy

Jasen Betts

Nov 14, 2020, 7:00:48 PM11/14/20
On 2020-11-14, inter naughtfull <itchyne...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a C.Crane Witness + Radio. It has a tivo-like function
> and can record broadcasts to mp3 files on an SD card.
>
> The antenna fits into the headphone jack and is about 2 ft long.
> The reception is not great. How can I make the reception better
> with a longer antenna?
>
> Can I just cut the end off of the antenna and splice a copper wire
> on it, or does it have to be some special 'antenna' wire?

It's just ordinary copper wire.

longer won't necessarilty make it better

if the transmitter is bad the audio will be bad.

--
Jasen.