sounds scary

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 1, 2021, 11:11:25 AM5/1/21

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html

We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?

Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

Dimiter_Popoff

May 1, 2021, 11:30:35 AM5/1/21
On 5/1/2021 18:11, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>
> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>
> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

With all that cash printed worldwide to fight the pandemic this is no
surprise.
Not that there have been many better options, I heard someone say on TV
or whatever "you first fight the war then you pay for it".

Ralph Mowery

May 1, 2021, 11:54:38 AM5/1/21
In article <qorq8g1cjd62bnn2j...@4ax.com>,
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com says...

> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>
> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>
> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

I ordered a refrigerator last August. Still waiting on it. Thinking
about canceling that order and going with something that is in stock.
With the price of materials going up I just wonder if I am better off
just waiting and hopeing the refrigerator I have does not quit on me.
I only put the refrigerator on order because the old one is about 15
years old and the wife wanted a certain kind and we though we would get
one instead of haveing to settle on one in an emergency if the old one
poops out.

amdx

May 1, 2021, 12:31:33 PM5/1/21
  Read a story about a chlorine shortage this summer as pool care ramps
up, it said some areas have

already doubled prices.

 Related to Hurricane Laura knocking out a factory.

> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chlorine-shortage-stands-to-wreak-havoc-on-summer-pool-season-goldman-sachs-165313311.html?.tsrc=fin-srch

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 1, 2021, 12:36:24 PM5/1/21
On Sat, 1 May 2021 18:30:28 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
wrote:

>On 5/1/2021 18:11, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>
>> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>>
>> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>
>> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
>>

>With all that cash printed worldwide to fight the pandemic this is no
>surprise.

The US FED has been holding down interest rates for years
pre-pandemic, pushing savings into the stock market and allowing
government to borrow without limit. They dare not change course now;
they are riding on the tiger's back.

The Dow is up 48% this year. That money isn't real.

The downside here could be epic. WILL be epic.

>Not that there have been many better options, I heard someone say on TV
>or whatever "you first fight the war then you pay for it".

There were much better options.

Dimiter_Popoff

May 1, 2021, 1:22:21 PM5/1/21
Perhaps there were, but I don't think I am informed enough to be able
to judge that.
On the one hand it is obvious that our civilization as we know it
is in danger, perhaps grave danger. OTOH ageing people tend to
think/say that...

Phil Hobbs

May 1, 2021, 1:33:04 PM5/1/21
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>
> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>
> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

Yup. Simon has been doing jazz ensuring supply for a 300-unit rollout
of some multispectral sensors for fire and spark detection in cotton
harvesters. Luckily he managed to score the last 400 pieces of LPC845
MCUs in 32-pin DFN, or we'd have been up the creek till late fall.

There are also not a lot of THS4631 op amps around ATM.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 1, 2021, 1:50:43 PM5/1/21
On Sat, 1 May 2021 13:32:48 -0400, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote:

>jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>
>> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>>
>> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>
>> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
>
>Yup. Simon has been doing jazz ensuring supply for a 300-unit rollout
>of some multispectral sensors for fire and spark detection in cotton
>harvesters. Luckily he managed to score the last 400 pieces of LPC845
>MCUs in 32-pin DFN, or we'd have been up the creek till late fall.
>
>There are also not a lot of THS4631 op amps around ATM.
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil Hobbs

We're having trouble with fiber-connectorized 850 nm VCSEL lasers.
Nobody has any and price quotes have doubled.

We'd buy 1000 now if we could find good ones. One box that we make has
16 per.

Phil Hobbs

May 1, 2021, 1:54:54 PM5/1/21
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2021 13:32:48 -0400, Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote:
>
>> jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>>
>>> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>>>
>>> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>>
>>> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
>>
>> Yup. Simon has been doing jazz ensuring supply for a 300-unit rollout
>> of some multispectral sensors for fire and spark detection in cotton
>> harvesters. Luckily he managed to score the last 400 pieces of LPC845
>> MCUs in 32-pin DFN, or we'd have been up the creek till late fall.
>>
>> There are also not a lot of THS4631 op amps around ATM.

> We're having trouble with fiber-connectorized 850 nm VCSEL lasers.
> Nobody has any and price quotes have doubled.
>
> We'd buy 1000 now if we could find good ones. One box that we make has
> 16 per.

Everybody else feels the same way, which is part of the problem. Maybe
they're trading in some of those stockpiles of TP and hand sanitizer. ;)

Rick C

May 1, 2021, 2:12:18 PM5/1/21
On Saturday, May 1, 2021 at 1:22:21 PM UTC-4, Dimiter Popoff wrote:
> On 5/1/2021 19:36, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> > On Sat, 1 May 2021 18:30:28 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
> > wrote:

> >> With all that cash printed worldwide to fight the pandemic this is no
> >> surprise.
> >
> > The US FED has been holding down interest rates for years
> > pre-pandemic, pushing savings into the stock market and allowing
> > government to borrow without limit. They dare not change course now;
> > they are riding on the tiger's back.
> >
> > The Dow is up 48% this year. That money isn't real.

That's because it's not money. It is wealth, it can be exchanged for money, but it's not money. Don't confuse the two.

> > The downside here could be epic. WILL be epic.
> >

> >> Not that there have been many better options, I heard someone say on TV
> >> or whatever "you first fight the war then you pay for it".
> >
> > There were much better options.
> >

> Perhaps there were, but I don't think I am informed enough to be able
> to judge that.
> On the one hand it is obvious that our civilization as we know it
> is in danger, perhaps grave danger. OTOH ageing people tend to
> think/say that...

I find it funny that anyone puts so much credence into a financial report of the economy. Commodities are up as a group. So? Copper has always been an up and down thing. Fixed supply rate and variable demand. Look at milk prices sometime.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 1, 2021, 2:40:14 PM5/1/21
On Sat, 1 May 2021 13:54:42 -0400, Phil Hobbs
<pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote:

>jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 May 2021 13:32:48 -0400, Phil Hobbs
>> <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote:

>>> Yup. Simon has been doing jazz ensuring supply for a 300-unit rollout
>>> of some multispectral sensors for fire and spark detection in cotton
>>> harvesters. Luckily he managed to score the last 400 pieces of LPC845
>>> MCUs in 32-pin DFN, or we'd have been up the creek till late fall.
>>>
>>> There are also not a lot of THS4631 op amps around ATM.
>

>> We're having trouble with fiber-connectorized 850 nm VCSEL lasers.
>> Nobody has any and price quotes have doubled.
>>
>> We'd buy 1000 now if we could find good ones. One box that we make has
>> 16 per.
>
>Everybody else feels the same way, which is part of the problem. Maybe
>they're trading in some of those stockpiles of TP and hand sanitizer. ;)
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil Hobbs

I remember a TTL buying panic. Same dynamics as TP, but a roll of TP
takes more space to store than an SN7474N.

We really need 1000 lasers.

One of my stranger neighbors bought a quantity of super-filtered
full-face gas masks from Hungary or somewhere, to keep out the
viruses. He's offering them to everyone on the block for free now.

Phil Hobbs

May 1, 2021, 2:43:10 PM5/1/21
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2021 13:54:42 -0400, Phil Hobbs
> <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> wrote:
>
>> jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> We're having trouble with fiber-connectorized 850 nm VCSEL lasers.
>>> Nobody has any and price quotes have doubled.
>>>
>>> We'd buy 1000 now if we could find good ones. One box that we make has
>>> 16 per.
>>
>> Everybody else feels the same way, which is part of the problem. Maybe
>> they're trading in some of those stockpiles of TP and hand sanitizer. ;)

> I remember a TTL buying panic. Same dynamics as TP, but a roll of TP
> takes more space to store than an SN7474N.

But 1970s TP would potentially still be useful today. ;)

> We really need 1000 lasers.
>
> One of my stranger neighbors bought a quantity of super-filtered
> full-face gas masks from Hungary or somewhere, to keep out the
> viruses. He's offering them to everyone on the block for free now.

Is that the guy just down the hill who built the Borg house?

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 1, 2021, 2:47:26 PM5/1/21
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in

> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging
> -040011497.html
>
> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>
> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

Yeah, and guess who holds some of that resposnibility.

John Doe

May 1, 2021, 4:45:21 PM5/1/21
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

> jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>
>> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

> Yeah, and guess who holds some of that resposnibility.

Your Chinese Communist Party handlers.

Spehro Pefhany

May 2, 2021, 12:52:08 AM5/2/21
Some shops have been canceling orders so they can take advantage of
higher prices. eg. good video cards.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

boB

May 2, 2021, 1:47:44 AM5/2/21
On Sat, 01 May 2021 08:11:16 -0700, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com
wrote:

>https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>
>We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>
>Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

Yes. We are seeing very long lead times on parts that are normally
readily available.

Especially micros.

Also price of copper has risien sharply so things like bus bars have
skyrocketed.

Flyguy

May 2, 2021, 2:06:18 AM5/2/21
"The chip shortage is affecting virtually all product manufacturing:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/expanding-from-autos-to-appliances-and-sex-toys-the-chip-shortage-is-far-reaching-11619783117?page=1

The global chip shortage hobbled auto makers world-wide. Now, other industries are feeling the squeeze.

It has hit makers of home appliances, heavy-equipment, servers and sex toys. It is confounding multinationals to startups. Even companies that don’t use chips as their core business, such as freight operators and retailers, find themselves affected. The scarcity means higher price tags for consumers, longer waits for goods, empty store shelves and swaths of the business world racing to secure whatever supply they can.

The chip famine first hit auto makers late last year after they underestimated demand during the pandemic. But as car makers ramped up orders, other industries saw the components queue lengthen and increased their own purchasing. Demand for consumer electronics stayed hot. Now chip makers can’t keep pace, driving up prices for parts, thinning out supply and spurring panic buying.

The tight supply for many chips is likely to persist through this year, companies say. The shortfalls are creating missed business opportunities, just as the global economic recovery is gaining momentum after a pandemic-led slowdown.

They have also contributed to escalations in the cost of raw materials for electronic goods in recent months. An index measuring the price of inputs for electronics companies in March soared to the highest level recorded in more than two decades of tracking, according to IHS Markit, a market researcher."

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 2, 2021, 10:38:06 AM5/2/21
On Sat, 1 May 2021 14:42:59 -0400, Phil Hobbs
We had panic shortages of pasta, TP, Kleenex, flour, and horseradish.

>> We really need 1000 lasers.
>>
>> One of my stranger neighbors bought a quantity of super-filtered
>> full-face gas masks from Hungary or somewhere, to keep out the
>> viruses. He's offering them to everyone on the block for free now.
>
>Is that the guy just down the hill who built the Borg house?

No, just up the block. He also bought a lot of big traffic cones to
put out in the (narrow) street to slow down traffic. Enormous pain.
People are slowly losing interest in them too.

The neighborhood is zoned for single-family only. So the financial
incentive becomes to buy a small house, tear it down, and put up a
4000 square foot monster that paves over the entire lot and sells for
$4e6 or so.

This is paradoxical, since people are leaving California and the big
coder mills are going remote.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 2, 2021, 10:39:49 AM5/2/21
Experts who think they can understand and manage an economy.

And billions of poor people who want the stuff that we have.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 2, 2021, 11:14:53 AM5/2/21
John Doe <retard...@message.header> wrote in news:s6keks$90r$4
@dont-email.me:
If I was a Chinese agent, you would be dead already, putz boy.

Nice try though, retarded punk.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 2, 2021, 11:17:56 AM5/2/21

> On Sat, 1 May 2021 18:47:18 +0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>
>>jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
>>

>>> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging
>>> -040011497.html
>>>
>>> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>>
>>> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
>>>

>> Yeah, and guess who holds some of that resposnibility.
>
> Experts who think they can understand and manage an economy.
>
> And billions of poor people who want the stuff that we have.

Try the retarded conduct of Donald John Trump, and the stupid fuck's
"trade war" with China, which he was advised against.

Dumbfucks like you have no clue about repercussions.

Bill Sloman

May 2, 2021, 12:11:44 PM5/2/21
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 12:39:49 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2021 18:47:18 +0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>
> >jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
> >

> >> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging
> >> -040011497.html
> >>
> >> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
> >>
> >> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
> >
> > Yeah, and guess who holds some of that responsibility.

Donald Trump didn't manage the Covid-19 epidemic in the US as well as he might have done. That has made the effects of the epidemic on the economy even worse than they might have been.

> Experts who think they can understand and manage an economy.

Or an epidemic. There are loads of armchair experts who think they can do a better job than the experts who were trained for the job. John Larkin is clearly one of them.

> And billions of poor people who want the stuff that we have.

You've got to know that it exists before you can want it, and there's not a lot of point in wanting a car if you haven't got roads and a fuel distribution network.

Lenin's utopian plan for the Soviet Union was rural electrification, and his successors more or less managed to deliver it - it was set up in 1920, Lenin died in 1924, and it got to the initially planned 8.8 billion kWh in one year by 1931, not far behind schedule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GOELRO_plan

Once you've got electric power you can want quite a bit more stuff. If you've got a centrally planned economy, it doesn't get delivered all that reliably.
Electricity is relatively easy. A satisfactory electric kettle is a bit harder. My wife's choice when we moved back some ten years ago was cheap and plastic, and the plastic decided to fall apart recently - we had to go to two shops before we found a replacement that looked as if it wouldn't crumble, and I ended up paying a lot more for what we bought than she'd paid for the last one, or what we'd have paid for a unit that looked like the one that had crumbled. You can't easily tell if a plastic shell is made with plasticised material, which will crumble when the plasticiser evaporates. Metal and glass are safer choices.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

John Doe

May 2, 2021, 5:09:18 PM5/2/21
"the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions" (Bill Sloman)

Bozo the Clown...

--
Bill Sloman <bill....@ieee.org> wrote:

> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 09:11:41 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: Re: sounds scary
> From: Bill Sloman <bill....@ieee.org>

John Doe

May 2, 2021, 5:09:54 PM5/2/21
AlwaysWrong...

--
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

> From: DecadentLinux...@decadence.org
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: sounds scary
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 15:14:45 +0000 (UTC)

Flyguy

May 3, 2021, 1:24:54 AM5/3/21
On Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 2:09:18 PM UTC-7, John Doe wrote:
> "the concepts "male" and "female" are essentially social constructions" (Bill Sloman)
>
> Bozo the Clown...

SL0WMAN is a (defective) "social construct"

bitrex

May 3, 2021, 11:38:26 AM5/3/21
On 5/2/2021 10:39 AM, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 1 May 2021 18:47:18 +0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>
>> jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
>>

>>> https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging
>>> -040011497.html
>>>
>>> We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>>
>>> Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
>>>

>> Yeah, and guess who holds some of that resposnibility.
>
> Experts who think they can understand and manage an economy.
>
> And billions of poor people who want the stuff that we have.

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not."

- Unknown author, attributed to Thomas Jefferson

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men for the
nastiest of motives will somehow work for the benefit of all.”

- Unknown author, attributed to John Maynard Keynes

All these kind of quotes seem way more popular than anything the people
they're attributed to actually said.

I think the problem with the economy is this unknown author-guy keeps
giving away this gold for free under someone else's name and don't even
charge royalties for it.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 3, 2021, 11:46:53 AM5/3/21
"Generalizations don't mean much."

- Unknown author, attributed to John Larkin

John Larkin

May 3, 2021, 1:44:05 PM5/3/21
On Sat, 1 May 2021 20:22:15 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
Not grave danger, just another heap of turmoil and pain.

Ageing people have seen it before, and tend to read more history than
the kids.

Cydrome Leader

May 3, 2021, 2:32:47 PM5/3/21
When was this?

> We really need 1000 lasers.
>
> One of my stranger neighbors bought a quantity of super-filtered
> full-face gas masks from Hungary or somewhere, to keep out the
> viruses. He's offering them to everyone on the block for free now.

Ha! Soviet "safety" equipment.

Dimiter_Popoff

May 3, 2021, 3:22:04 PM5/3/21
Hopefully so. But when you see what happens when just one factory
goes on fire (IIRC there was a crisis with disk drives a few years
ago because of that) and how now the Chinese won't supply wafers
which I am tolkdis behind the current silicon crisis you see how
fragile our civilization actually is. Or may be it is not, as long
as the knowledge does not get lost the effect will only be turmoil
and pain, as you say.

> Ageing people have seen it before, and tend to read more history than
> the kids.

Hmmmm may be so. But my observation is that doomsayers - who get it
wrong more often than not - are ageing people. I hate to be one
of the ageing doomsayers yet the way I sound I may be turning
into one... Not being alone is little if any consolation.

John Larkin

May 3, 2021, 3:47:08 PM5/3/21
On Mon, 3 May 2021 22:21:58 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
I know there will be a big economic crash and lots of misery. I just
can't say exactly when.

Dimiter_Popoff

May 3, 2021, 4:14:18 PM5/3/21
Well and I can say there is a thunderstorm coming sometime this
summer.... :-). I also think what you say of course, but at least
I am not the best person to ask about these things. Or about weather....
yet I am sure I am right about the thunderstorm.

John Larkin

May 3, 2021, 4:34:17 PM5/3/21
On Mon, 3 May 2021 23:14:11 +0300, Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com>
Maybe TheD is lucky that he lost the election.

Stock markets can't go up 50% a year for many years. And eventually
people notice spending a few trillion a year that we don't have.

John Larkin

May 4, 2021, 6:13:22 PM5/4/21
wrote:

>https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging-040011497.html
>
>We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>
>Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.

Last month's US trade deficit hit $74 billion. We're creeping up on a
trillion a year.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 4, 2021, 9:26:50 PM5/4/21
John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in
$74 billion is not even one tenth of a trillion.

Johnny here is almost as dumb as Donald John Trump is about the
economy.

Just remember... the effects you wish to point out today are due to
the abject economic stupidity of the previous "administration", if one
can even legitimately refer to Trump's pure shitpot crew as having been
an administration.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 4, 2021, 9:28:47 PM5/4/21
John Larkin is in Kindergarten class as it relates to his grasp of
the US economy.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 4, 2021, 9:31:00 PM5/4/21
Dimiter_Popoff <d...@tgi-sci.com> wrote in
Retarded religious extreme right wing republitards think "there is
a whirlwind coming". Where they get to go around killing folks they
think do not meet their requisite belief system. The only thing more
stupid than Donald John Trump is a Trump supporter.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 4, 2021, 9:34:28 PM5/4/21
"The DS" as you refer to him is the reason for the problem.

> Stock markets can't go up 50% a year for many years. And
> eventually people notice spending a few trillion a year that we
> don't have.

You really have no clue how trade deficits work, much less "the
national debt".

You appear to be one of those idiots that think that hundreds of
billions of dollars given to Israel gets spent in Israel. It
doesn't. It gets spent HERE.

Likely some of that shit you make and sell has benefited from US
foreign aid provisions.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 4, 2021, 11:15:52 PM5/4/21
On Wed, 5 May 2021 01:26:42 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sat, 01 May 2021 08:11:16 -0700,
>> jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
>>

>>>https://finance.yahoo.com/news/price-stuff-makes-everything-surging
>>>-040011497.html
>>>
>>>We're seeing some shortages on parts lately. How about you?
>>>
>>>Things could get chaotic in the next year or so.
>>
>> Last month's US trade deficit hit $74 billion. We're creeping up
>> on a trillion a year.
>>

> $74 billion is not even one tenth of a trillion.

And one month is not even one tenth of a year.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 5, 2021, 1:30:01 AM5/5/21

> On Wed, 5 May 2021 01:26:42 +0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>
>>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in

>>> Last month's US trade deficit hit $74 billion. We're creeping up
>>> on a trillion a year.
>>>

>> $74 billion is not even one tenth of a trillion.
>
> And one month is not even one tenth of a year.

Nice job of ignoring the remaining elements of the post, twerp.

And your math is *still* off.

John Doe

May 5, 2021, 5:36:38 AM5/5/21
Foulmouthed reactionary troll, AlwaysWrong, makes another stupid mistake,
then goes into bat shit crazy denial mode. So very typical...

--
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

> From: DecadentLinux...@decadence.org
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: sounds scary
> Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 05:29:54 +0000 (UTC)

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 5, 2021, 10:11:10 AM5/5/21
Let me suggest a couple of things that I have found to be helpful:

STOP

THINK

Bill Sloman

May 5, 2021, 10:19:15 AM5/5/21
On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 12:11:10 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2021 05:29:54 +0000 (UTC), DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
> >jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news:6d349gt9nc189oqko...@4ax.com:

<snip>

> > Nice job of ignoring the remaining elements of the post, twerp.
> >
> > And your math is *still* off.
>
> Let me suggest a couple of things that I have found to be helpful:
>
> STOP
>
> THINK

Not as helpful to John Larkin as he likes to think. He seems to be able to manage the stopping, but the quality of the thinking that seems to ensue isn't exactly world-beating.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 5, 2021, 4:03:42 PM5/5/21
John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote in news:s6tov0$l0c$2@dont-
email.me:

> Foulmouthed

Fuck OFF AND DIE DoeTard piece of shit!!!

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 5, 2021, 4:04:42 PM5/5/21
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
Niether of which you have ever done.

John Larkin

May 5, 2021, 4:52:03 PM5/5/21
On Wed, 5 May 2021 20:04:35 +0000 (UTC),
You sound like Sloman, nothing but repeat, boring, juvenile insults.

If you weren't so abusive and foul, people wouldn't trash you so much.

If you checked your posts, you wouldn't be wrong so much. And if you
were friendly, it wouldn't be such a big deal if you were wrong now
and then.

You seem to make tentative attempts at being social, but you can't
keep that up; you always go berzerk and annoy people. And go away. And
try again some weeks later, but it doesn't work.

STOP

THINK

And design some electronics. That will make you feel better.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 5, 2021, 9:42:37 PM5/5/21

>>> Let me suggest a couple of things that I have found to be helpful:
>>>
>>> STOP
>>>
>>> THINK
>>>

>> Niether of which you have ever done.
>
> You sound like Sloman, nothing but repeat, boring, juvenile insults.

As if your "suggestion" was not a mere boring, juvenile insult.

God damn boy, you are fucking more retarded than Josh Hawley and that
is some feat, dumbfuck.

Thing is that you have been pulling this horsehit for years, whereas
I flat out blatantly call you the total fucking retard that you are.

You are pathetic that you want to portray yourself as not being
exactly the same. You are a pussy, motherfucker.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 5, 2021, 9:45:58 PM5/5/21

> If you checked your posts, you wouldn't be wrong so much. And if you
> were friendly, it wouldn't be such a big deal if you were wrong now
> and then.

I posted about an electronic design just last week, and not
surprisingly, that is when pussy boy Johnny stopped posting in the
thread.

AND pussy boy Johnny has claimed that it was he whom "gave me" the
"Always Wrong" moniker, which other retarded fucks in the group then
embraced.

Damn boy, you sure went to the same school of total retardation that
Josh Hawley went to. You are pathetic, motherfucker.

So... dipshit.. CHECk your posts, you retarded bat's turd.

Bill Sloman

May 5, 2021, 11:49:24 PM5/5/21
On Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 6:52:03 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 5 May 2021 20:04:35 +0000 (UTC),
> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>
> >jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news:hp959gh7vn66g8tse...@4ax.com:

John Larkin started this thread with this bit of alarmist nonsense.

<snip>

> You sound like Sloman, nothing but repeat, boring, juvenile insults.

John Larkin experiences anything short of fulsome flattery as repeated, boring, juvenile insults. He expects flattery to which he is addicted, and his withdrawl symptoms when he does get it aren't pretty.

<snip>

> And design some electronics. That will make you feel better.

How would John Larkin know that? He evolves his designs by small, successive alternations, and sells the variations that work. As he admits, his best "designs" are accidental.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 6, 2021, 1:21:33 AM5/6/21
Well, think about it.

Bill Sloman

May 6, 2021, 1:46:48 AM5/6/21
John Larkin does thinks about "it" in a particular way. He knows how he wants see himself portrayed, even if the portrait he favours isn't exactly realistic.

This isn't entirely constructive thinking., but it does seem to be the kind of thinking that he wants to see.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

John Larkin

May 6, 2021, 2:59:35 PM5/6/21
On Thu, 6 May 2021 01:45:50 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in
>
>> If you checked your posts, you wouldn't be wrong so much. And if you
>> were friendly, it wouldn't be such a big deal if you were wrong now
>> and then.
>
> I posted about an electronic design just last week,

I missed that. Got a link?

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

May 9, 2021, 9:02:57 AM5/9/21
It was a post back at some other SED retard that mouthed petty baby
bullshit like you so often do. IIRC correctly it was regarding a 20kV
space rated HVPS I participated in the design of a couple decades back.
But it was a threat you were posting in and then after that...
crickets.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

May 9, 2021, 10:17:43 AM5/9/21
On Sun, 9 May 2021 13:02:50 +0000 (UTC),
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 6 May 2021 01:45:50 +0000 (UTC),
>> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>>
>>>John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in

>>> I posted about an electronic design just last week,
>>
>> I missed that. Got a link?
>>

> It was a post back at some other SED retard that mouthed petty baby
>bullshit like you so often do. IIRC correctly it was regarding a 20kV
>space rated HVPS I participated in the design of a couple decades back.
>But it was a threat you were posting in and then after that...
>crickets.

OK, no post.

How did you participate?