De-Extincting Wooly Mammoths To Fight Climate Change

Fred Bloggs

Sep 13, 2021, 11:50:39 AM9/13/21
Lab-grown woolly mammoths could walk the Earth in six years if geneticist’s new start-up succeeds. The idea is mammoths would tramp the tundra back into grassland and contain the methane.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/geneticist-george-church-gets-funding-for-lab-grown-woolly-mammoths.html

Brent Locher

Sep 13, 2021, 11:53:16 AM9/13/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:50:39 AM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> Lab-grown woolly mammoths could walk the Earth in six years if geneticist’s new start-up succeeds. The idea is mammoths would tramp the tundra back into grassland and contain the methane.
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/geneticist-george-church-gets-funding-for-lab-grown-woolly-mammoths.html

Now that we know how to bring species back to life I guess we can stop worrying about causing them to go extinct.

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 13, 2021, 11:58:28 AM9/13/21
Getting adequate genetic diversity could take quite a few generations. The project isn't actually aimed at revivng the woolly mammoth.

"It aims to create a new type of animal similar to the extinct woolly mammoth by genetically engineering endangered Asian elephants to withstand Arctic temperatures."

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Fred Bloggs

Sep 13, 2021, 12:09:17 PM9/13/21
The Asian elephant is the closest relative and therefore most compatible with receiving the mammoth DNA. The final product will be more mammoth than elephant. The elephant couldn't begin to survive in the arctic environments they have in store for it.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Brent Locher

Sep 13, 2021, 12:09:49 PM9/13/21
On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:58:28 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
Well I remember when somebody was engineering new viruses and we all know how that turned out

John Robertson

Sep 13, 2021, 12:47:11 PM9/13/21

On 2021/09/13 8:50 a.m., Fred Bloggs wrote:
> Lab-grown woolly mammoths could walk the Earth in six years if geneticist’s new start-up succeeds. The idea is mammoths would tramp the tundra back into grassland and contain the methane.
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/geneticist-george-church-gets-funding-for-lab-grown-woolly-mammoths.html

I'm sure that will turn out exactly as he predicts...

Why not just breed more musk ox and other northern grazing animals - no
exotic research needed, lots of breeders available...

The law of unintended consequences will come rearing its ugly head in
short order!

John :-#(#

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 13, 2021, 12:47:22 PM9/13/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 2:09:49 AM UTC+10, blo...@columbus.rr.com wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:58:28 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > Now that we know how to bring species back to life I guess we can stop worrying about causing them to go extinct.
> > Getting adequate genetic diversity could take quite a few generations. The project isn't actually aimed at revivng the woolly mammoth.
> >
> > "It aims to create a new type of animal similar to the extinct woolly mammoth by genetically engineering endangered Asian elephants to withstand Arctic temperatures."
>
> Well I remember when somebody was engineering new viruses and we all know how that turned out.

Which one did you have in mind? The Astra-Zeneca vacinne does depend on an engineered virus - the vector is a chimpanzee adenovirus modified to avoid its replication.

It's a DNA virus. For all practical purposes the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are non-replicating mRNA viruses - they tell your cells to make a version of the Covid-19 spike protein, rather than a copy of their genome. They all do seem to be working out pretty well

You do need to be more specific. and you probably need to learn more, not that there's much evidence that you can.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 13, 2021, 1:25:08 PM9/13/21
Brent Locher <blo...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in
Retarded disinformation from a Trumpanzee dumbfuck who thinks that
we are all stupid.

Shitheads like you should lose your ability to walk on free soil.
Either by incarceration or by amputation.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 13, 2021, 1:30:53 PM9/13/21
John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> wrote in
News article reads...

500 killed in surprize 1000 mammoth stampede at the Mammoth Caves
in Kentucky! Nobody saw this coming!

Oh the humanity!

Rick C

Sep 13, 2021, 4:29:03 PM9/13/21
You can only bring them back after you have fixed the problem that made then go extinct. Duh!

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

John Robertson

Sep 13, 2021, 5:25:02 PM9/13/21

On 2021/09/13 1:29 p.m., Rick C wrote:
> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:53:16 AM UTC-4, blo...@columbus.rr.com wrote:
>> On Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:50:39 AM UTC-4, Fred Bloggs wrote:
>>> Lab-grown woolly mammoths could walk the Earth in six years if geneticist’s new start-up succeeds. The idea is mammoths would tramp the tundra back into grassland and contain the methane.
>>>
>>> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/13/geneticist-george-church-gets-funding-for-lab-grown-woolly-mammoths.html
>> Now that we know how to bring species back to life I guess we can stop worrying about causing them to go extinct.
>
> You can only bring them back after you have fixed the problem that made then go extinct. Duh!

Pretty safe bet that humans played a major part in that role...

We get hungry, see a lot of meat on the hoof and say "Yum!", and large
land animals go extinct.

Only where you have rain forests and land humans don't particularly want
did bigger animals have a chance to survive until humans reached the
point where they would think - "Strong/big animal! I want to use it to
go fast, dig, pull.."

Before humans came to North America there were horses, camels, and many
other large animals.

Before humans left Africa there were large (now extinct) animals in
Europe and Asia too...

Australia had large animals prior to humans dropping in.

https://australian.museum/learn/australia-over-time/megafauna/

"We have met the enemy and he is us" (Pogo)

I'm not feeling guilty that my ancestors (and yours) ate everything in
sight - wouldn't be here otherwise! However now we don't NEED to eat the
rare critters and should work to give them a chance too.

John ;-#)#

John Doe

Sep 18, 2021, 11:17:13 AM9/18/21
LOL

They should De-extinct a wooly woman for Always Wrong, too.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 18, 2021, 11:55:46 AM9/18/21
John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote in news:si4vti$1o1$2@dont-
email.me:

> LOL
>
> They should De-extinct a wooly woman for Always Wrong, too.

Yet another totally retarded bullshit troll post from the biggest
total retard in the group.

They should extinct your entire bloodline... spouse, children,
relitives up and down the line. You should be erased from the human
gene pool and any of your fucktards spawn as well. But before that,
they should imprison and torture your whore mother for failling to
flush the total piece of shit you are, the moment the severely ass
fucked street slut shat you.