A little military humor:

Michael Terrell

Sep 17, 2021, 11:18:38 AM9/17/21

Phil Hobbs

Sep 17, 2021, 3:08:22 PM9/17/21
Michael Terrell wrote:
> https://www.duffelblog.com/p/veggie-omelet-mre-came-from-lab-not

They seriously expect guys in combat to live off that?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Jeroen Belleman

Sep 17, 2021, 3:39:24 PM9/17/21
On 2021-09-17 21:08, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> Michael Terrell wrote:
>> https://www.duffelblog.com/p/veggie-omelet-mre-came-from-lab-not
>>

> They seriously expect guys in combat to live off that?

Based on my recollection of combat rations, you're
not expected to survive for very long anyway.

Jeroen Belleman

Michael Terrell

Sep 17, 2021, 6:22:16 PM9/17/21
Is is a satire website strictly aimed at our Military and Veterans. Most people mistake the articles as real news stories, even when linked to Veterans websites like RallyPoint.
Packaged military rations have a long history of being unappetizing, and MREs have some of the worst ever produced. The ones I received while on cold weather training in the mid '70s were produced during the WWII and Korean War eras.

It is similar to the Babylon Bee in its humor, bur a narrower focus.
https://babylonbee.com/