OT Window AC, put screen over outer vents?

John Doe

Jun 3, 2016, 2:01:41 AM6/3/16
Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the 5,000 to
8,000 BTU range.

Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the
cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud getting into the unit.

Would putting ordinary window screen material over the vents restrict
airflow too much?

Thanks.

tom

Jun 3, 2016, 3:10:54 AM6/3/16

"John Doe" <alway...@message.header> wrote in message
Slinging the condensate water over the condenser coil is intentional. The
fan has a ring around the circumference that dips into a pool of the water.
The evaporation of the water aids the efficiency of the unit.

John Doe

Jun 3, 2016, 6:49:12 AM6/3/16
"tom" <tmille...@verizon.net> wrote:

> "John Doe" <alway...@message.header> wrote:

>> Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the 5,000
>> to 8,000 BTU range.
>>
>> Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the
>> cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud getting into the unit.
>>
>> Would putting ordinary window screen material over the vents restrict
>> airflow too much?

> Slinging the condensate water over the condenser coil is intentional.
> The fan has a ring around the circumference that dips into a pool of
> the water. The evaporation of the water aids the efficiency of the
> unit.

That's amusing. I figured the most likely misunderstanding would be that
I'm promoting the use of the slinger. Some people circumvent it, but
that's not what I'm suggesting.

Terry Coombs

Jun 3, 2016, 9:53:03 AM6/3/16
Dunno how old the message you responded to is , but you didn't answer the
OP's question . The answer is that no , screen won't restrict airflow
significantly as long as you keep it clean .

--
Snag

---

edward....@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 10:10:03 AM6/3/16
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 6:53:03 AM UTC-7, Terry Coombs wrote:
> tom wrote:
> > "John Doe" <alway...@message.header> wrote in message
> >> Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the 5,000
> >> to 8,000 BTU range.
> >>
> >> Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the
> >> cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud getting into the unit.
> >>
> >> Would putting ordinary window screen material over the vents restrict
> >> airflow too much?
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > Slinging the condensate water over the condenser coil is intentional.
> > The fan has a ring around the circumference that dips into a pool of
> > the water. The evaporation of the water aids the efficiency of the
> > unit.
>
> Dunno how old the message you responded to is , but you didn't answer the
> OP's question . The answer is that no , screen won't restrict airflow
> significantly as long as you keep it clean .

Probably won't restrict bugs either, they can get pass very small cracks. How about just splaying it with pesticide?

John Doe

Jun 3, 2016, 11:13:51 AM6/3/16
edward....@gmail.com wrote:

> Terry Coombs wrote:
>> tom wrote:

>> > Slinging the condensate water over the condenser coil is
>> > intentional. The fan has a ring around the circumference that dips
>> > into a pool of the water. The evaporation of the water aids the
>> > efficiency of the unit.
>>
>> Dunno how old the message you responded to is , but you didn't answer
>> the OP's question . The answer is that no , screen won't restrict
>> airflow significantly as long as you keep it clean .
>
> Probably won't restrict bugs either, they can get pass very small
> cracks. How about just splaying it with pesticide?

It would keep bugs (especially flying bugs like mosquitoes) and airborne
crud from getting into it. The only question IMO is whether it would
restrict airflow. The last thing I would want to do is make it into a
bug trap.

Vacuuming bugs and cried off of the outer screen would be a lot easier
than trying to remove it from the inner slats/coils.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 3, 2016, 11:26:54 AM6/3/16
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 06:01:37 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
<alway...@message.header> Gave us:
What? You lack the fucking common sense to make your own
determination or to do a simple google search "do screens restrict air
flow"
Get with it, boy!

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 3, 2016, 11:28:02 AM6/3/16
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 10:49:08 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
<alway...@message.header> Gave us:
The only thing you sling is utter stupidity and bullshit.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 3, 2016, 11:28:50 AM6/3/16
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 08:52:57 -0500, "Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com>
Gave us:

> Dunno how old the message you responded to is , but you didn't answer the
>OP's question . The answer is that no , screen won't restrict airflow
>significantly as long as you keep it clean .

You ain't real bright are ya, boy?

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 3, 2016, 11:30:30 AM6/3/16
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 07:09:59 -0700 (PDT), edward....@gmail.com Gave
us:
Yeah, that what a retard like Donald J. Drumpf would do.

Are you always this stupid, or just when you are talking to someone
who incorrectly responded to another retard?

You been sniffing pesticide haven't ya, boy?

edward....@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 11:38:15 AM6/3/16
Yes, like millions of people do. It will go away in few hours. So what if it get suck into the room? No worst than spaying inside.

Jim Wilkins

Jun 3, 2016, 12:32:14 PM6/3/16
"Terry Coombs" <snag...@msn.com> wrote in message
> tom wrote:
>> "John Doe" <alway...@message.header> wrote in message
>>> Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the
>>> 5,000
>>> to 8,000 BTU range.
>>>
>>> Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the
>>> cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud getting into the unit.
>>>
>>> Would putting ordinary window screen material over the vents
>>> restrict
>>> airflow too much?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Slinging the condensate water over the condenser coil is
>> intentional.
>> The fan has a ring around the circumference that dips into a pool
>> of
>> the water. The evaporation of the water aids the efficiency of the
>> unit.
>
> Dunno how old the message you responded to is , but you didn't
> answer the OP's question . The answer is that no , screen won't
> restrict airflow significantly as long as you keep it clean .
>
> --
> Snag

As I understand it, the critical question is if the compressor might
overheat from restricted airflow, and the Internet answer I found was
that the cool refrigerant returning from the evaporator was enough for
it.

On the other hand an airflow reduction that increases the condensor's
temperature will decrease the cooling efficiency.

The air from the A/C in my car is spec'd to be cooler than outside by
some amount, as measured with a thermometer in a vent. Maybe that
applies to window A/Cs too?

--jsw

Dave Platt

Jun 3, 2016, 2:55:58 PM6/3/16
In article <nis6ra$inq$2...@dont-email.me>,
John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote:

>It would keep bugs (especially flying bugs like mosquitoes) and airborne
>crud from getting into it. The only question IMO is whether it would
>restrict airflow. The last thing I would want to do is make it into a
>bug trap.

Almost by definition, a screen *would* turn into a bug trap / crud
trap, and restrict the airflow, unless cleaned regularly. The only
way a screen can stop things like bugs and bits of flying debris is to
block them from entry - which means that they tend to end up pushed
against or stuck to the screen wires by the force of the airflow.

A mosquito-grade bug probably doesn't have the strength to fly back
away from the screen, against the in-blowing air... so it's likely to
die there. Bits of dust and dirt can't fly away at all.

The force which holds things against the screen exists only because
the object is blocking part of the airflow... and, thus, obstructing
and slowing the airflow.

In order to keep bugs out of the condenser *without* having them build
up on the mesh, you'd need to block the bugs where the airflow is low,
so that they aren't sucked against the mesh and can fly away. For a
given volume of airflow this means that you'd want to maximize the
screen area, so that the air velocity through the mesh is minimized.

You wouldn't do that by putting a piece of mesh against the surface of
the condenser... rather, you'd build a larger enclosure or "funnel"
around the airco inlet, with a large entrance area covered by mesh,
funneling down to a smaller exit area that matches the condenser
input.

Not the simplest or least-obvious thing to do. Not everybody has an
old Klipschorn cabinet sitting around, waiting for a new use :-)

>Vacuuming bugs and cried off of the outer screen would be a lot easier
>than trying to remove it from the inner slats/coils.

You've got a tradeoff here. Several, actually.

The smaller the screen mesh, and the larger the percentage of the
cross-sectional area that are blocked by the screen wires, the more
efficient the crud-trapping is going to be - smaller mesh openings
allow the blocking of smaller particles. However, this also means
more obstruction to the airflow (even when the screen is clean) and
thus reduced condenser efficiency and/or higher electrical power
needed to maintain the same level of airflow over the cooling fins or
coils. The more efficient the particle-stoppage, the more frequently
you'll need to clean the mesh.

Even with a small mesh, you'll still get some amount of stuff passing
through the screen (smaller particles) and some of these may end up on
the fins/coils.

Larger, more open meshes will obstruct the airflow less, and probably
won't require cleaning as often, but won't be as efficient in stopping
bugs and so forth.

Another approach might be seeing if you could make the condenser
easier to clean. Something like LPS "dry film silicone lubricant",
Super-Lube Dri-Film, a mold-release spray, or something like that
might be useful... a thin, dry layer of silicon or Teflon or wax which
would make the condenser surface slippery, would not attract dust, and
would discourage debris and bug parts from sticking to the fins/coils.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 3, 2016, 3:01:34 PM6/3/16
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:34:02 -0700, dpl...@coop.radagast.org (Dave Platt)
Gave us:
The exterior "condenser" of a window AC unit blows OUT as it is
exchanging the HEAT of the HEATED coolant with the cooler outside
ambient air. The INSIDE "evaporator" unit exchanges INTERIOR warm air,
cools it and that is what heats the coolant that then gets passed
through the EXTERIOR heat exchanger "condenser".

https://www.techtransfer.com/blog/routine-hvac-maintenance/

Jeff Liebermann

Jun 3, 2016, 9:09:15 PM6/3/16
Depends on the size of your local bugs.

I had a similar problem with cooling intake fans on various radios and
computahs. Dust and dirt would collect on the air intake screen and
eventually clog. Cleaning was difficult. So, I used 4 layers of
rather widely spaced wire screening on top of each other. The mesh
size, with all 4 screens in place, was small enough to trap the small
crud and bugs, usually all on the outer screen. It was easy enough to
remove, clean, and replace just the outer screen, leaving everything
else running normally. However, you won't have this problem because
the external exhaust from a window air conditioner blows air out of
the box, not into the box. Also, the cooling fins and coils are on
the inside of the window air conditioner, not the outside. Water on
the cooling fins should just leak out the drain hose on the outside.
If there's nothing coming out, the hose might be clogged with bugs, or
whatever.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

krw

Jun 3, 2016, 10:38:56 PM6/3/16
On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 18:09:17 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 06:01:37 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
><alway...@message.header> wrote:
>
>>Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the 5,000 to
>>8,000 BTU range.
>>
>>Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the
>>cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud getting into the unit.
>>
>>Would putting ordinary window screen material over the vents restrict
>>airflow too much?
>
>Depends on the size of your local bugs.
>
>I had a similar problem with cooling intake fans on various radios and
>computahs. Dust and dirt would collect on the air intake screen and
>eventually clog. Cleaning was difficult. So, I used 4 layers of
>rather widely spaced wire screening on top of each other. The mesh
>size, with all 4 screens in place, was small enough to trap the small
>crud and bugs, usually all on the outer screen. It was easy enough to
>remove, clean, and replace just the outer screen, leaving everything
>else running normally. However, you won't have this problem because
>the external exhaust from a window air conditioner blows air out of
>the box, not into the box. Also, the cooling fins and coils are on
>the inside of the window air conditioner, not the outside. Water on
>the cooling fins should just leak out the drain hose on the outside.
>If there's nothing coming out, the hose might be clogged with bugs, or
>whatever.

Even if it doesn't clog, most screens cut half the airflow, or more.
Not a good thing for an AC unit.

John Doe

Jun 4, 2016, 1:05:52 AM6/4/16
Jeff Liebermann <je...@cruzio.com> wrote:

> John Doe <alway...@message.header> wrote:
>
>> Speaking generally, about window air conditioner units in the 5,000
>> to 8,000 BTU range.
>>
>> Seems to me that much of the problem with slinging water onto the
>> cooling fins is caused by bugs and crud getting into the unit.
>>
>> Would putting ordinary window screen material over the vents restrict
>> airflow too much?
>
> Depends on the size of your local bugs.
>
> I had a similar problem with cooling intake fans on various radios and
> computahs. Dust and dirt would collect on the air intake screen and
> eventually clog. Cleaning was difficult. So, I used 4 layers of
> rather widely spaced wire screening on top of each other. The mesh
> size, with all 4 screens in place, was small enough to trap the small
> crud and bugs, usually all on the outer screen. It was easy enough to
> remove, clean, and replace just the outer screen, leaving everything
> else running normally. However, you won't have this problem because
> the external exhaust from a window air conditioner blows air out of
> the box, not into the box.

Air is sucked into the box from vents that are on the outside part of
the box.

> Also, the cooling fins and coils are on the inside of the window air
> conditioner, not the outside.

I'm talking about the evaporator coils and fins (where the splasher is),
not the cooling coils and fins.

jurb...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2016, 9:42:53 AM6/4/16
You fucking beat me to it.

For him to have a problem with this, the bugs would have to be inside the unit.

If they are getting there from the outside then they are pulled in from the side vents. Where's he live in the jungle ?

If so, any screens added should be on the side air intakes. And if it bad enough to cause a problem probably hose them down periodically.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 4, 2016, 3:07:17 PM6/4/16
On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 06:42:48 -0700 (PDT), jurb...@gmail.com Gave us:

>On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 2:01:34 PM UTC-5, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
snip

>> https://www.techtransfer.com/blog/routine-hvac-maintenance/
>
>You fucking beat me to it.
>
>For him to have a problem with this, the bugs would have to be
> inside the unit.
>
>If they are getting there from the outside then they are pulled in
> from the side vents. Where's he live in the jungle ?
>
>If so, any screens added should be on the side air intakes.
> And if it bad enough to cause a problem probably hose them
> down periodically.

Put a bug zapper on each side of it. Zero restriction, maximum chance
of zappage.

bloggs.fred...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2016, 4:18:20 PM6/4/16
The cooling coil is the evaporator, the outside coil is the condenser. The evaporator condensate is drained to the exterior in a water channel where it settles in a pan under the condensor. The formation of condensate represents loss of cooling capacity because it represents removal of latent heat from the water vapor to make the phase change to liquid without reducing air temperature. It therefore makes sense to regain that capacity by using the water to cool the condenser by the reverse process of converting liquid to vapor by extracting heat from the condenser without requiring an operating temperature increase. Generally the A/C heat exchange and air flow are sized at 400CFM/ton, so your little 8000 BTU runs at slightly less than 300 CFM and a 5000 BTU at less than 200 CFM. A window screen filter is not necessary, the outside portion is going to get dirty and breed slime, leave it, and clean it at the end of the season.

John Doe

Jun 5, 2016, 1:06:20 AM6/5/16
> The cooling coil is the evaporator, the outside coil is the condenser.
> The evaporator condensate

...that is an oxymoron.

Water vapor condenses on the evaporator coils.

Water evaporates on the condenser coils.

I can accept the terminology, but Yikes!

> the outside portion is going to get dirty and breed slime

And breed mosquitoes, and block the airflow, and sling stuff that
damages the fragile coil slats.

A lot of people bypass the slinger because their experience is different
than yours. I'm looking for a solution.

bloggs.fred...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 4:07:56 AM6/5/16
Not if you undertstand that the evaporation process is referring to the refrigernat internal to the evaporator and condensation is referring to the water vapor external to the coil.

> Water evaporates on the condenser coils.
>
> I can accept the terminology, but Yikes!
>
> > the outside portion is going to get dirty and breed slime
>
> And breed mosquitoes, and block the airflow, and sling stuff that
> damages the fragile coil slats.

The environment is too violent for mosquito survival what with the shallow water pan, high speed slinger and airflow. By far the greatest hazard is growing deadly bacteria like legionella. The coil structure is called tube and fin, those are fins and not slats. Since any objects that get propelled against the coil are thrown there by the airflow, there's not enough force to damage the coil. The water will eventually rinse any debris lodged in the fins.

> A lot of people bypass the slinger because their experience is different
> than yours. I'm looking for a solution.

Those people don't know what they're doing. In the old days there were mod kits the user could set up to circulate a water curtain in front of the coil in the airstream "swamp cooler" fashion, but these days a simple slinger ring on the fan blades will do.

John Doe

Jun 5, 2016, 4:40:49 AM6/5/16
I'm sure the namers weren't referring to the water, even though the terms
"evaporate" and "condense" most frequently refer to water, and water
condensing and evaporating has everything to do with an air conditioner.

It's truly weird semantics.

>> Water evaporates on the condenser coils.
>>
>> I can accept the terminology, but Yikes!
>>
>> > the outside portion is going to get dirty and breed slime
>>
>> And breed mosquitoes, and block the airflow, and sling stuff that
>> damages the fragile coil slats.
>
> The environment is too violent for mosquito survival

Only when you assume things, like there will never be intervals when the
air conditioner is off.

> what with the shallow water pan, high speed slinger and airflow. By
> far the greatest hazard is growing deadly bacteria like legionella.
> The coil structure is called tube and fin, those are fins and not
> slats.

Don't be an asshole. The purpose of language is to communicate. Everybody
knows what I was referring to.

> Since any objects that get propelled against the coil are thrown there
> by the airflow, there's not enough force to damage the coil.

Bullshit.

>> A lot of people bypass the slinger because their experience is
>> different than yours. I'm looking for a solution.
>
> Those people don't know what they're doing.

Says you.

jurb...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 12:39:21 PM6/5/16
>"Put a bug zapper on each side of it. Zero restriction, maximum >chance
>of zappage."

I had a rude revelation about those things a couple of decades ago. My house at the time was in a surprisingly good area for the inner city, the land was wet and fertile and we grew the best tomatoes in town. But we had skeeters. We used to like to have cookouts and hang around on the porch and all that, well into the evening because it was well into the time when I set my own hours to work.

Well I don't know what it is about my blood but those MFs really had a taste for it. I got pissed off and spent almost a hundred bucks on literally the biggest bug zapper they had. Didn't do shit. I even cut out every other rung on the grating so it would get the dragonflies and whatever, and it did.

Unfortunately, that light that attracts them, if it shines on you the bugs are attracted to you. I tried moving it away and the results were not all that great.

Since we had most of our activities in the front yard (it was a tight knit neighborhood) I put the bug zapper in the backyard. The zapper was rated one square mile. It actually worked better being away from where we were.

Later we got older and once the steaks were cooked we went in to the air conditioning and fuck all that.

We used to have dinner parties almost every week. In the summer it was steaks usually and in the winter it could be roast and all the stuff that goes with it or homemade pizza, which developed a real knack at making, I mean better than most pizza places. (still cost twenty bucks though)

Anyway, that two bug zapper solution of yours could work, but now how to switch them. Sneak an extension cord out the window and plug it in when you turn the air on ? Or possibly (this IS sci.electronics.something) wiring it into the AC unit so they come on automatically ?

jurb...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 12:42:15 PM6/5/16
>"Generally the A/C heat exchange and air flow are sized at >400CFM/ton, so your little 8000 BTU runs at slightly less than 300 >CFM and a 5000 BTU at less than 200 CFM."

That applies to the evaporator side, which is not the issue here.

jurb...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 12:43:57 PM6/5/16
>"Water vapor condenses on the evaporator coils.
>
>Water evaporates on the condenser coils.
>
>I can accept the terminology, but Yikes! "

Those terms apply to what is happening to the Freon inside, not the moisture in the air.

bloggs.fred...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2016, 3:03:03 PM6/5/16
On Sunday, June 5, 2016 at 12:42:15 PM UTC-4, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
> >"Generally the A/C heat exchange and air flow are sized at >400CFM/ton, so your little 8000 BTU runs at slightly less than 300 >CFM and a 5000 BTU at less than 200 CFM."
>
> That applies to the evaporator side, which is not the issue here.

The window a/c's use coils of identical cross-sectional, nearly the same heat exchange area and operate both at about 20o differential to ambient, which means the air mass flow rates (CFM) are about the same for energy balance. Granted the condenser side will be slightly greater to account for the additional cooling of the compressor housing due to I2R, friction and magnetics losses- say 20% additional.

John S

Jun 5, 2016, 3:06:52 PM6/5/16
On 6/5/2016 11:39 AM, jurb...@gmail.com wrote:
>> "Put a bug zapper on each side of it. Zero restriction, maximum
>> >chance of zappage."
>
> I even cut
> out every other rung on the grating so it would get the dragonflies
> and whatever, and it did.

Big mistake! Dragonflies do not bite or sting people. The adults eat
mosquitoes and dragonfly nymphs eat mosquito larvae.

You shot yourself in the foot.

krw

Jun 5, 2016, 6:00:28 PM6/5/16
On Sun, 5 Jun 2016 09:39:15 -0700 (PDT), jurb...@gmail.com wrote:

>>"Put a bug zapper on each side of it. Zero restriction, maximum >chance
>>of zappage."
>
>I had a rude revelation about those things a couple of decades ago. My house at the time was in a surprisingly good area for the inner city, the land was wet and fertile and we grew the best tomatoes in town. But we had skeeters. We used to like to have cookouts and hang around on the porch and all that, well into the evening because it was well into the time when I set my own hours to work.
>
>Well I don't know what it is about my blood but those MFs really had a taste for it. I got pissed off and spent almost a hundred bucks on literally the biggest bug zapper they had. Didn't do shit. I even cut out every other rung on the grating so it would get the dragonflies and whatever, and it did.
>
>Unfortunately, that light that attracts them, if it shines on you the bugs are attracted to you. I tried moving it away and the results were not all that great.

That's why you buy them as housewarming gifts for neighbors. ;-)

>Since we had most of our activities in the front yard (it was a tight knit neighborhood) I put the bug zapper in the backyard. The zapper was rated one square mile. It actually worked better being away from where we were.

Probably didn't work at all. The propane 'zappers", or better,
foggers are a lot better. AIUI, skeeters are attracted to CO2, not
light.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 5, 2016, 6:18:07 PM6/5/16
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 18:00:15 -0400, krw <k...@nowhere.com> Gave us:

>Probably didn't work at all. The propane 'zappers", or better,
>foggers are a lot better. AIUI, skeeters are attracted to CO2, not
>light.

The zappers get them when they "wander" in. So in this case it would
get them by proximity not attraction.

krw

Jun 5, 2016, 6:54:47 PM6/5/16
And all of the skeeters from a mile around (or even a partial acre)
just happen to wander through a 1cu.ft. space? That's a wunnerful
plan.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jun 6, 2016, 7:29:32 AM6/6/16
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 18:54:34 -0400, krw <k...@nowhere.com> Gave us:
No, idiot. No more than do without it, but since it is there, they do
not make it into the assembly. They are not there to attract them, you
fucking zero common sense putz. They are there to nail the critters
approaching the otherwise unprotected vent openings.

Good job of proving just how little sense you have, fucktard.

Your problem is that you simply cannot get past attacking me or
responding to me without your pathetic Trumpesque bullshit injections.

rickman

Jun 6, 2016, 9:25:44 AM6/6/16
Not to mention that mosquitoes are not attracted to light so the zapper
would not attract them at all. It was a slaughter house for so many
beneficial bugs while doing nothing to stop the mosquitoes.

--

Rick C

krw

Jun 6, 2016, 12:15:57 PM6/6/16
On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 07:29:18 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
<DL...@DecadentLinuxUser.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 18:54:34 -0400, krw <k...@nowhere.com> Gave us:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 18:17:55 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno
>><DL...@DecadentLinuxUser.org> wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 18:00:15 -0400, krw <k...@nowhere.com> Gave us:

>>> The zappers get them when they "wander" in. So in this case it would
>>>get them by proximity not attraction.
>>
>>And all of the skeeters from a mile around (or even a partial acre)
>>just happen to wander through a 1cu.ft. space? That's a wunnerful
>>plan.
>>

> No, idiot. No more than do without it, but since it is there, they do
>not make it into the assembly. They are not there to attract them, you
>fucking zero common sense putz. They are there to nail the critters
>approaching the otherwise unprotected vent openings.

Well, folks. There you have it. AlwaysWrong is also illiterate. The
subthread had nothing to do with the AC vents, DimBulb.

> Good job of proving just how little sense you have, fucktard.
>
> Your problem is that you simply cannot get past attacking me or
>responding to me without your pathetic Trumpesque bullshit injections.

Once again, AlwaysWrong is wrong. Go figure.

jurb...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2016, 2:38:16 PM6/6/16
>"Not to mention that mosquitoes are not attracted to light ..."

Not according to my observations. They seemed to love the thing, and anything illuminated by that light including human skin, which was the problem.

That property was like wilderness in the middle of the city. So many trees you couldn't see the sky but then there were years when I never had to turn on the AC. But trees=bugs.

As far as them being attracted to CO2, I am not so sure of that either. When I was out there when we were having a late dinner party and I was cooking a bunch of steaks on a real charcoal grill (I don't like propane so much) they seemed to leave me alone. But turn on that bluish glowing light and here they come.

Also, if I am not mistaken, lightning bugs attract mosquitos with light. Them and gnats and whatnot. I've seen those little flies all swarming around a regular light even.