About to receive my first 3D printer

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 12, 2021, 3:19:19 PM9/12/21
310 x 310 x 450 mm volume.

I was thinking about doing an unboxing video.

Dual independent head.

Getting a laser too.

Corvid

Sep 12, 2021, 3:55:36 PM9/12/21
Will it have a crystal clear enclosure for viewing?
John Doe stuck a cloudy Rubbermaid storage tub over his.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 12, 2021, 7:53:07 PM9/12/21
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net> wrote in news:shllvi$1mu9$1...@gioia.aioe.org:

> On 9/12/21 12:19 PM, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
>> 310 x 310 x 450 mm volume.
>>
>> I was thinking about doing an unboxing video.
>>
>> Dual independent head.
>>
>> Getting a laser too.
>
> Will it have a crystal clear enclosure for viewing?

The laser? It is UV shrouded at the head, so supposedly
the burn process can be watched naked eye.
Won't see this kid doing that. I'll be wearing goggles.

> John Doe stuck a cloudy Rubbermaid storage tub over his.

He probably runs it off of rubber band motors too.

Good thing they got that 'pick up where you left off' recovery stuff
in the software. It can onlyt do so much tho.

Corvid

Sep 12, 2021, 8:22:04 PM9/12/21
Is the laser an add-on for the printer? I was asking about the
printer... unboxing video, yeah, halloween theme.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 12, 2021, 8:52:57 PM9/12/21
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net> wrote in news:shm5j6$1br0$1...@gioia.aioe.org:
No. I got a 3-D printer. It takes up about a square yard.

I ALSO got a laser burner with an even bigger "playfield".

But you won't see me plopping any plastic tubs over it.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 12, 2021, 10:20:52 PM9/12/21
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote in news:shm7d4$1t5u$1
@gioia.aioe.org:
Oh My God, This thing is so cool!

It is sitting their spewing away in a very precise manner, bright
green print job... fluorescent I think. It shakes the whole table
and this is also where my laptop is. Cool constant WIP signal. :-)

It is only about 20% done with the test print I set it off doing
after I finished building it and calibrating the bed. It's gonna be
a minute or two.

I cannot believe the friggin' price of filament. 15 to like 50
bucks a kilo. The carbon fiber stuff sounds cool though. Strong
prototypes.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 14, 2021, 12:34:12 PM9/14/21
DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote in news:shmchs$1keh$1
@gioia.aioe.org:

> DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote in news:shm7d4$1t5u
$1
> @gioia.aioe.org:
>
>> Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net> wrote in news:shm5j6$1br0$1
Man, you guys would not believe how cool this thing is.

I think I might print one of those coffee table tourbillion clocks.

Chris

Sep 14, 2021, 8:54:21 PM9/14/21
Make? Model?

--
Cheers,
Chris.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 15, 2021, 11:48:18 AM9/15/21
Chris <chri...@live.com> wrote in
It is pretty cool. Have to clean up parts like gears and such with
my needle files. Filament is expensive. I'll be waiting for clients
to use it mcuh. No play for now. After I get a business going, I will
eventually get a metal 3D printer and sintering oven.

<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091XXVNR3>

Here is the laser:

<https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097QMTWW4>

Chris

Sep 15, 2021, 7:41:19 PM9/15/21
Thanks, looks ok!

ATM I have no justifiable use for one, but always on the lookout for reasonable price/performance ratio gear (this one seems to qualify)
--
Cheers,
Chris.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 15, 2021, 11:56:01 PM9/15/21
Chris <chri...@live.com> wrote in
Well, to me, after getting and assembling these, it reminded me of
my Heathkit days.

Now I can magically build up plastic in a very precise way to make
"things". I find that amazing and fun.

Now I get to try the laser out.

John Doe

Sep 16, 2021, 10:18:31 PM9/16/21
A weird nym-shifting stalker, usually "Corvid" (also "Charger Boy", see sci.electronics.repair)...

see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <b...@ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <ni...@cows.moo>
Banders <sn...@mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <alway...@message.header>
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net>
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <co...@nice.moo>
Cows are nice <m...@cows.org>
Cows are Nice <ni...@cows.moo>
dogs <do...@home.com>
Edward H. <dtga...@gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtga...@gmail.com>
Great Pumpkin <pum...@patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcu...@mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2r...@palomar.info>
Peter Weiner <dtga...@gmail.com>
Sea <fres...@coast.org>
Standard Poodle <stan...@poodle.com>
triangles <bu...@home.com>
and others...

--
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net> wrote:

> From: Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net>
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: About to receive my first 3D printer
> Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 12:55:29 -0700

Edward Hernandez

Sep 16, 2021, 11:29:15 PM9/16/21
The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is > CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another
incorectly formatted USENET posting on Fri, 17 Sep 2021 02:18:24 GMT in
message-id <QVS0J.85154$F26....@fx44.iad>.