China issues highest heat alert for almost 70 cities in second heatwave this month

Fred Bloggs

Jul 29, 2022, 1:18:04 PM7/29/22
China is a disaster area. According to this story, droughts, flooding, and cyclones alone cost them $285Bn annually (the U.S. is not far behind). There are just too many people drawing on too few resources there.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/25/asia/china-heatwave-cities-red-alert-warnings-intl-hnk/index.html

In other news:
The record-breaking UK heatwave of 18-19 July 2022 was made “at least 10 times more likely” by human-caused climate change, a new “rapid-attribution” study finds.
https://www.carbonbrief.org/climate-change-made-2022s-uk-heatwave-at-least-10-times-more-likely/

a a

Jul 29, 2022, 2:29:38 PM7/29/22
stop fooling poor people

humans can do nothing to change climate

Prof. Mann and his IPCC , UN team studied climate changes over the last 100 years, 1,000-year spam
and declared 1 C degree temperature rise only, within the calculation error's limit

Stop your fake

Short Term Climate Changes are due to fluctuations in solar activity, in year-2-year study

The cleaner the air, the less rainfall
because dust in the atmosphere is the nuclei of condensation of water vapor into raindrops

Water, water vapor made clouds account for 99.99% of the greeenhouse effect

what's more, water retention in the ground lowers the air temperature by up to 10 degrees C
due to high heat of vaporization of water and phase shift: liquid > gas transformation

We, humans, can do nothing.

There is only one man, researcher, scientist at NASA, who studies, coronary mass ejections on the Sun
(mass of the single coronary ejections matches the mass of the Earth) so coronary mass ejections matter for
Short-Term Climate Changes

Human-caused climate change, or Global Warming were political agendas funded by Putin and Kremlin to sell more natural gas to Europe.

Human-caused climate change is fake term

since the correct one is:

----

Anthropogenic Climate Change | METEO 3: …
https://www.e-education.psu.edu/meteo3/l10_p3.html

A major component of anthropogenic climate change is global warming, which refers to a gradual warming of the earth caused by an unnatural (human-induced) increase of the greenhouse effect, as concentrations of …
Anthropogenic Climate Change Factors, Impact
https://study.com/academy/lesson/anthropogenic...

20.11.2018 · Yes, climate change is anthropogenic. Climate change is caused by the increase of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. There are natural sources of carbon dioxide, but scientific evidence...
Obrazy Anthropogenic Climate Change
bing.com/images

Image: Anthropogenic Climate Change. Size: 176 x 170. Sopurce: css.snre.umich.edu
Climate Change: Science and Impacts Factsheet | Center for Sustainable ...
Image: Anthropogenic Climate Change. Size: 171 x 170. Source: www.epcresilience.com
Living Proof: The Australian Bushfires and Anthropogenic Climate Change ...
Image: Anthropogenic Climate Change. Size: 176 x 170. Source: www.climate.gov
The GFDL Earth System Model version 4.1 (GFDL-ESM4.1): Model ...
Image: Anthropogenic Climate Change. Size: 176 x 170. Source: adc.bmj.com
Climate change and child health | Archives of Disease in Childhood
Image: Anthropogenic Climate Change. Size: 181 x 170. Source: ioppublishing.org
Study reveals scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate change ...

16.2 Anthropogenic Climate Change – Principles of Earth Science
https://openoregon.pressbooks.pub/earthscience/...

A rapidly rising population, the escalating level of industrialization and mechanization of our lives, and an increasing dependence on fossil fuels for transportation and energy generation have driven the anthropogenic climate change of the past century. The trend of mean global temperatures since 1880 is shown in Figure 16.14.
What Is Anthropogenic Global Warming?
https://www.sciencealert.com/anthropogenic-global-warming

Anthropogenic global warming is a theory explaining today's long-term increase in the average temperature of Earth's atmosphere as an effect of …
Szacowany czas czytania: 3 min
Anthropogenic Contributors to Climate Change
https://athenas.ksu.edu/climate-change/the-science...

Anthropogenic Contributors to Climate Change Since the start of the Industrial Revolution, humans have engaged in a range of behaviors (e.g., burning fossil fuels as an energy source and deforestation) that have increased the release …
19.2 Anthropogenic Climate Change – Physical Geology
https://open.maricopa.edu/physicalgeology/chapter/...

Some climate scientists argue that anthropogenic climate change actually goes back much further than the industrial era, and that humans began to impact the climate by clearing land to grow grains in Europe and the …
Anthropogenic Climate Change - profile | NSW Environment, …
https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/threatenedspeciesapp/profile.aspx?id=20025

03.11.2000 · Anthropogenic Climate Change was listed as a KEY THREATENING PROCESS on Schedule 3 of the Threatened Species Conservation Act 1995 [3 November 2000]. There is evidence that modification of the environment by humans may result in future climate change. Human induced activities as a result of energy use, industrial processes, solvent and …
Natural vs anthropogenic climate change - Energy …
https://energyeducation.ca/encyclopedia/Natural_vs...

It is the cumulative total of two related sources: anthropogenic climate change and natural climate change. Anthropogenic climate change is defined by the human impact on Earth's climate while natural climate change are the …
Climate Change in the Anthropocene: An Unstoppable Drive to …
https://www.resilience.org/stories/2018-08-15/...

15.08.2018 · This is global warming in the context of the Anthropocene, the epoch they define as “the beginning of a very rapid human-driven trajectory of the Earth System away from the glacial-interglacial limit cycle, toward new, hotter climatic conditions …
Fact Checking The Claim Of 97% Consensus On Anthropogenic …
https://www.forbes.com/sites/uhenergy/2016/12/14/...

14.12.2016 · The range of opinions and the many factors affecting belief in anthropogenic climate change cannot be covered here. The variety of opinion can be illustrated by one graph from the 2013 repeat of...
=====

so stop your bullshit or fuuck off

John Larkin

Jul 29, 2022, 2:37:56 PM7/29/22

Fred Bloggs

Jul 29, 2022, 2:56:36 PM7/29/22
Joint NASA, NOAA Study Finds Earth's Energy Imbalance Has Doubled

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/langley/joint-nasa-noaa-study-finds-earths-energy-imbalance-has-doubled

You don't need a degree in rocket science to understand that perpetual net absorption of heat causes a body to heat up and get hotter.

This is happening because atmospheric green house gas is preventing radiation of Earth's heat back to outer space. There is no evidence that this is cyclic.

> so stop your bullshit or fuuck off

Take your own advice. You have been wrong about everything you comment on.

Fred Bloggs

Jul 29, 2022, 3:04:39 PM7/29/22
Seriously? The Heartland Institute are a bunch of lightweight amateurs.

The big guns:
"A new assessment of NASA's record of global temperatures revealed that the agency's estimate of Earth's long-term temperature rise in recent decades is accurate to within less than a tenth of a degree Fahrenheit, providing confidence that past and future research is correctly capturing rising surface temperatures."

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2876/new-studies-increase-confidence-in-nasas-measure-of-earths-temperature/

Your tax dollars paid for all that. Use it.
The only people paying for joke operations like Heartland are special interests.

a a

Jul 29, 2022, 5:13:51 PM7/29/22
@NASA should give up @GlobalWarming or @ClimateChange fake
since About NASA
stays for
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration
https://www.nasa.gov/about/index.html

so NASA should study the space
and give up delusional day dreaming about the Earth's climate.

NASA should concentrate itself on arrangements for
manned flight to Mars, to the Moon
as declared 30 years ago.

Ok, give us open access to heat maps of the Earth

whit3rd

Jul 29, 2022, 5:43:57 PM7/29/22
On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11:29:38 AM UTC-7, a a wrote:
> stop fooling poor people
>
> humans can do nothing to change climate

How did you test that extraordinary hypothesis? There have been suggestions
otherwise since Arrhenius, 1903, and zero data to refute it.

whit3rd

Jul 29, 2022, 5:52:04 PM7/29/22
Oops; I munged the date. His publication on greenhouse effect was 1895; 1903
was his Nobel Prize award.

a a

Jul 29, 2022, 6:00:17 PM7/29/22
stop your fake

Svante Arrhenius – Biographical - NobelPrize.org
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/chemistry/1903/arrhenius/biographical

The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1903 was awarded to "in recognition of the extraordinary services he has rendered to the advancement of chemistry by his electrolytic theory of dissociation.

John Larkin

Jul 29, 2022, 6:28:59 PM7/29/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:04:36 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 2:37:56 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:18:00 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >China is a disaster area. According to this story, droughts, flooding, and cyclones alone cost them $285Bn annually (the U.S. is not far behind). There are just too many people drawing on too few resources there.
>> >
>> >https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/25/asia/china-heatwave-cities-red-alert-warnings-intl-hnk/index.html
>> >
>> >In other news:
>> >The record-breaking UK heatwave of 18-19 July 2022 was made “at least 10 times more likely” by human-caused climate change, a new “rapid-attribution” study finds.
>> >https://www.carbonbrief.org/climate-change-made-2022s-uk-heatwave-at-least-10-times-more-likely/
>> Probably a lot of the new records are measurement artifacts.
>>
>> https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/07/27/new-surface-stations-report-released-its-worse-than-we-thought/
>
>Seriously? The Heartland Institute are a bunch of lightweight amateurs.

You think those pics of weather stations in parking lots are faked?

I know that the official weather station in San Francisco has been
moved 4 or 5 times, always to a hotter part of town.

The official Truckee temp is measured at the end of a runway. 100
years ago, Truckee didn't have airports or runways.

The max temp for London is generally at Heathrow, with the station on
the edge of a black asphalt runway.

a a

Jul 29, 2022, 6:34:33 PM7/29/22
stop your fake

fixed weather stations and geolocated temp measurements are all about an ancient science
since we get today high resolution heat maps from satellites in real time, for any area of the Earth

Meteoblue is not smart or No.1 but I get temp. charts for any geolocation, for the span of 7 days

Fred Bloggs

Jul 29, 2022, 6:35:47 PM7/29/22
The U.S. Congress decides what work NASA does, not you. NASA was established by National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 by the Eisenhower administration.

John Larkin

Jul 29, 2022, 6:44:58 PM7/29/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:34:30 -0700 (PDT), a a <mant...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Cool. We can compare current temps to satellite data from 100 years
ago.

Fred Bloggs

Jul 29, 2022, 6:52:37 PM7/29/22
Where would you like to put the weather station? The raw data is adjusted using a multitude of factors. There is good agreement among several independent data collectors.
https://climate.nasa.gov/ask-nasa-climate/3071/the-raw-truth-on-global-temperature-records/

John Larkin

Jul 29, 2022, 7:46:16 PM7/29/22
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 15:52:33 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Friday, July 29, 2022 at 6:28:59 PM UTC-4, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 12:04:36 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
>> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Seriously? The Heartland Institute are a bunch of lightweight amateurs.
>> You think those pics of weather stations in parking lots are faked?
>>
>> I know that the official weather station in San Francisco has been
>> moved 4 or 5 times, always to a hotter part of town.
>>
>> The official Truckee temp is measured at the end of a runway. 100
>> years ago, Truckee didn't have airports or runways.
>>
>> The max temp for London is generally at Heathrow, with the station on
>> the edge of a black asphalt runway.
>
>Where would you like to put the weather station?

In similar environment to what the historical boxes were. And use
similar boxes. And collect data at similar intervals.

Or apply a lot of "adjustments from a multitude of factors."

The planet has warmed a little since the end of the LIA, around 1.5C
per century. We're not going to do much about it. So relax and design
something.

Anthony William Sloman

Jul 29, 2022, 8:41:36 PM7/29/22
Anthony Watts has a bee in his bonnet about Stevenson Boxes, and the climate change denial propaganda industry exploits his ignorant delusions.

Anthropogenic global warming is real, and is going to make digging up fossil carbon and selling it as fuel a lot less profitable than it used to be, no matter how much money they spend on lame denial propaganda aimed at gullible twits.

Thermometers in Stevenson Boxes are not the only way of estimating global temperatures. The Greenland and Antarctic ice core data provide the same information for the past (over a coupe of ice ages and interglacials in the Antarctic) based on the oxygen isotope ratios in the water in the ice crystals.

Getting evaporation temperatures from oxygen isotope ratios is much too technicial and indirect for Anthony Watts or John Larkin to understand, but that doesn't stop it working.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

corvid

Jul 29, 2022, 11:50:17 PM7/29/22
On 7/29/22 15:28, John Larkin wrote:

> The official Truckee temp is measured at the end of a runway. 100
> years ago, Truckee didn't have airports or runways.

How about grass though?

> The max temp for London is generally at Heathrow, with the station on
> the edge of a black asphalt runway.

They're put over grassy areas, about 5 feet above the ground.

Your "at the end of a runway... on the edge of a black asphalt runway"
sounds like deliberately skewed misinformation.

corvid

Jul 30, 2022, 12:04:38 AM7/30/22
The 'on the edge of a black asphalt runway' Heathrow weather station

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/11D83/production/_102719037_dbftg31x0aqjdjb.jpglarge.jpg

Anthony William Sloman

Jul 30, 2022, 1:25:19 AM7/30/22
Don't confuse John Larkin's carefully implanted climate change denial delusions with real world facts.

He has been played for a sucker, and is clearly going to stay suckered.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

John Walliker

Jul 30, 2022, 3:20:22 AM7/30/22
Also, very similar temperatures are often recorded at the Royal Horticultural Society
gardens at Wisley which are about 10 miles from Heathrow. The RHS gardens
don't have any runways, only lots of grass and plants.

John

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Jul 30, 2022, 6:59:51 AM7/30/22

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Jul 30, 2022, 7:07:27 AM7/30/22
The weather station is north of two runways, near the end of one. A
gentle breeze from the south will sweep up hot air from the southern
runway and all its feeders, the air conditioned terminal buildings,
the northern runway and its feeders, and the weather station gets all
that. A tiny patch of grass won't matter.

Jet wash can be warm too.

Of course Heathrow sets records.

Anthony William Sloman

Jul 30, 2022, 7:24:12 AM7/30/22
I lived about about a mile north of there when I worked at EM Central Research (from 1976 to 1979), and it isn't any kind of "tiny patch of grass"., as you can see from the aerial photograph in the BBC piece.

It's not a heat island on its own - as the BBC piece points out, the temperatures there are much the same as Kew Gardens and the "heat island" is the whole Greater London area which sprawls for miles in all directions (with parks and sports fields all over the place).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

corvid

Jul 30, 2022, 11:57:27 AM7/30/22
Got it. On the edge means 300-400 feet away.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Jul 30, 2022, 12:51:06 PM7/30/22
Air can move that far.

Check Google Earth. It's on a road, surrounded by roads, north of a
mess of runways and taxiways and terminal buildings. In the BBC pic,
there's nothing but buildings and pavement; not a tree in sight. Looks
bleak.

I wonder what those big green boxes are.

There must be a reason why Heathrow is often the hottest place in
England.

Fred Bloggs

Jul 30, 2022, 1:52:44 PM7/30/22
Probably because it IS the hottest place in England.

But that is just the raw data rating, and that reading is ***adjusted*** before it is used for the computation of mean global surface temperature. The processing uses the principle of statistical homogenization to correct for the Heathrow reading as long as it's anomalous compared to readings from nearby temperature collection. The hard facts are that when the adjustments are considered globally, just as many that adjust upward are adjusted downward so adjustment contributes a net zero bias to the global statistic, which is what you want. There is strength in numbers. According to the author of the paper linked below, the effect of data adjustment is to indicate ***less rate of warming*** than unadjusted data. Which brings up another point, the measurement is mainly used to determine ***rate*** of warming more so than a scalar temperature reading.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/explainer-how-data-adjustments-affect-global-temperature-records/

Here's the math model of the adjustment generally:
https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/clim/22/7/2008jcli2263.1.xml

The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.
\The raw data is adjusted.
The raw data is adjusted.

dot- dot dot

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Jul 30, 2022, 3:37:38 PM7/30/22
It still makes headlines as proof of Global Warming.

Fred Bloggs

Jul 30, 2022, 4:09:15 PM7/30/22
Do you think that's because just maybe there is warming? And that's what all the hullabaloo with the historical record is all about. The past record is the baseline for measuring the present against.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Jul 30, 2022, 4:19:41 PM7/30/22
On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 13:09:11 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
Sure, about 1 deg C per century, coming out of the LIA. A bit of
warmth and a bunch of CO2 is good news for nature and humanity.

Cheer up. All that fear and gloom will kill you; warming won't.

a a

Jul 30, 2022, 4:26:02 PM7/30/22
==We all love Carbon, we all love CO2

----CO2 is welcome
-CO2 is Plant Food
-Plants are Animal Food
-Animals are Human Food

---More CO2 more Human Food
-to end the global hunger

--https://sci.electronics.design.narkive.com/eMVDUFoy/we-all-love-carbon-we-all-love-co2

whit3rd

Jul 30, 2022, 8:03:04 PM7/30/22
The little ice age isn't the beginning of a 1 degree per century 'trend'.
What mechanism based on the LIA could possibly CAUSE such a trend?

> Cheer up. All that fear and gloom will kill you; warming won't.

Not credible; Europe is having lots of heat injuries and even deaths
<https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/heatwave-in-europe-here-are-the-worst-hit-countries-3179837>
and that doesn't fit the story of harmless warming.

John Larkin doesn't know any realistic good news about CO2, either.

Fred Bloggs

Jul 30, 2022, 8:19:12 PM7/30/22
What you're hearing about CO2 and crop yields is wrong:
"Though rising CO2 can stimulate plant growth, it also reduces the nutritional value of most food crops. Rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide reduce the concentrations of protein and essential minerals in most plant species, including wheat, soybeans, and rice. This direct effect of rising CO2 on the nutritional value of crops represents a potential threat to human health. Human health is also threatened by increased pesticide use due to increased pest pressures and reductions in the efficacy of pesticides."

Nothing good comes out of excessive CO2.

https://19january2017snapshot.epa.gov/climate-impacts/climate-impacts-agriculture-and-food-supply_.html

Anthony William Sloman

Jul 30, 2022, 9:22:18 PM7/30/22
On Sunday, July 31, 2022 at 2:51:06 AM UTC+10, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 08:57:18 -0700, corvid <b...@ckb.ird> wrote:

> >> https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44980493
> >
> >Got it. On the edge means 300-400 feet away.
> Air can move that far.
>
> Check Google Earth. It's on a road, surrounded by roads, north of a
> mess of runways and taxiways and terminal buildings. In the BBC pic,
> there's nothing but buildings and pavement; not a tree in sight. Looks
> bleak.

John Larkin didn't look far enough. Heathrow is a bit south of the Grand Junction canal which still goes from Slough towards central London. The area started off as swamp, and got drained a few centuries ago. There are quite a few trees around and open spaces. The businesses that set up along the canal mostly closed down when the railways came in and the land reverted to grazing until London's urban sprawl moved out there. It's still not heavily built up.

> I wonder what those big green boxes are.

There aren't so much big, as close to the camera. There's a vent pipe coming out of the top of the nearest one, and a liquid crystal display visible on it's side. I'd guess some kind of noxious gas monitoring - perhaps oxides of nitrogen, perhaps partially burnt hydrocarbons.

> There must be a reason why Heathrow is often the hottest place in England.

It's on the edge of London, a large urban heat island, and quite a way inland, though nowhere in England is more than 70 miles from the sea.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

corvid

Jul 31, 2022, 1:29:41 AM7/31/22
On 7/30/22 09:50, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> Air can move that far.

Ask Gnatguy about it. He can ride thermals up over the hot spots, and
descend over the reservoirs and the grassy weather station. Air goes up
and down, It doesn't just drift 400 feet over to the thermometer.

> Check Google Earth. It's on a road, surrounded by roads, north of a
> mess of runways and taxiways and terminal buildings. In the BBC pic,
> there's nothing but buildings and pavement; not a tree in sight.
> Looks bleak.

Are you kidding?

I checked Google Maps satellite view, dated 2022. The place looks
parched now compared to the lush BBC Google pic.

whit3rd

Jul 31, 2022, 11:18:51 PM7/31/22
On Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 10:29:41 PM UTC-7, corvid wrote:
> On 7/30/22 09:50, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> > Air can move that far.

> Ask Gnatguy about it. He can ride thermals up over the hot spots, and
> descend over the reservoirs and the grassy weather station. Air goes up
> and down, It doesn't just drift 400 feet over to the thermometer.

Excellent point; if the hypothesis is that heat buildup on asphalt wafts laterally to the
weather station, recall that hot air (PV=nRT is good enough; no need for VDW corrections)
is less dense that cooler air, so it would rise (create an updraft). That means surface-parallel winds
don't carry it to the not-so-tall weather station yonder, but rather that surface wind in the vicinity
will tend to be FROM the weather station toward the asphalt.

On the wee hours of winter mornings, though, if the asphalt radiates heat effectively at night, it'd
generate COLD air, which will spread laterally to all sides, eventually mixing in to other surface air,
and you would expect some increase in cold temperatures records. That'd be a downdraft site, it doesn't
remove thermal-extreme mass from ground level at any great rate.

a a

Aug 1, 2022, 5:34:12 AM8/1/22
what you claim may have worked for
the high tar content black asphalt in the past,
replaced today by grey asphalt, featuring top layer made of rolled fine gravel

John Larkin

Aug 1, 2022, 3:15:44 PM8/1/22
On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 17:19:09 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs
That's theory. This is reality:

https://extension.entm.purdue.edu/newsletters/pestandcrop/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/04/fig1.jpeg

John Larkin

Aug 1, 2022, 3:20:09 PM8/1/22
On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 20:18:48 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
OK, urban heat island effect cools cities. And the Heathrow weather
station never sets high temp records because the runways and buildings
cool the weather station.

Thanks for explaining that.

corvid

Aug 1, 2022, 8:41:27 PM8/1/22

Anthony William Sloman

Aug 1, 2022, 9:27:30 PM8/1/22
On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 5:15:44 AM UTC+10, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2022 17:19:09 -0700 (PDT), Fred Bloggs <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

Newspaper reporters can undestand data, abnd John Larkin can't (or doesn't want to).

> >> Sure, about 1 deg C per century, coming out of the LIA.

The little ice age was essentially local cooling, around the North Atlantic ocean, not global - and it had gone away long before the current warming got under way.

> >> Warmth and a bunch of CO2 is good news for nature and humanity.

Or so your lying climate change denial propaganda tells you

> >> Cheer up. All that fear and gloom will kill you; warming won't.

It has started killing people already. Not as many as cold snaps, so far, but there's more warming in the pipeline.

> >What you're hearing about CO2 and crop yields is wrong:
> >"Though rising CO2 can stimulate plant growth, it also reduces the nutritional value of most food crops. Rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide reduce the concentrations of protein and essential minerals in most plant species, including wheat, soybeans, and rice. This direct effect of rising CO2 on the nutritional value of crops represents a potential threat to human health. Human health is also threatened by increased pesticide use due to increased pest pressures and reductions in the efficacy of pesticides."
> >
> >Nothing good comes out of excessive CO2.
> >
> >https://19january2017snapshot.epa.gov/climate-impacts/climate-impacts-agriculture-and-food-supply_.html
> That's theory. This is reality:
>
> https://extension.entm.purdue.edu/newsletters/pestandcrop/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/04/fig1.jpeg

That was reality. It's mainly about more fertiliser and higher-yielding variants. Get the local climate too warm, and the yields drop. Throw in a drought, and they go through the floor. Australia's wheat yield has been erratic in recent years. Droughts wreck it, Flooding rains can can render it unharvestable. We've had both.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

whit3rd

Aug 1, 2022, 11:25:57 PM8/1/22
On Monday, August 1, 2022 at 12:20:09 PM UTC-7, John Larkin wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 20:18:48 -0700 (PDT), whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >On the wee hours of winter mornings, though, if the asphalt radiates heat effectively at night, it'd
> >generate COLD air, which will spread laterally to all sides, eventually mixing in to other surface air,
> >and you would expect some increase in cold temperatures records. That'd be a downdraft site, it doesn't
> >remove thermal-extreme mass from ground level at any great rate.

> OK, urban heat island effect cools cities.

Oh, please! Learn to read, it was black asphalt near weather stations, and I
addressed only abnormal cold temperature readings in morning hours
No 'urban heat island effect' under discussion, 'cools cities' a non sequitur as well.
Cities, like counties, continents, oceans, all have exactly the same average heat influx (heating)
as heat outflow (cooling), if they achieve any steady-state temperature. I was
only addressing a local transient peak/trough attending a black asphalt section.

>And the Heathrow weather
> station never sets high temp records because the runways and buildings
> cool the weather station.

No mention here of 'sets high temp records' events.
If you want a weather station away from tall buildings (essential part of the siting
criteria), an airport is a good place; don't want the planes' trajectories blocked, so
there aren't tall buildings there. Making (shadecasting) buildings irrelevant is WHY
one wants to use airport sites' weather records.

> Thanks for explaining that.

Don't be so fatuous.

Jack Webb

Aug 4, 2022, 6:06:47 PM8/4/22
A bizarre nym-shifting troll...

see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <bl ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <nice cows.moo>
Banders <snap mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <always.look message.header>
corvid <bl ckb.ird>
Corvid <bl ckbirds.net>
Corvid <bl ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <cows nice.moo>
Cows are nice <moo cows.org>
Cows are Nice <nice cows.moo>
dogs <dogs home.com>
Great Pumpkin <pumpkin patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcurvo mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2recycle palomar.info>
Sea <freshness coast.org>
Standard Poodle <standard poodle.com>
triangles <build home.com>
and others...

--
corvid <b...@ckb.ird> wrote:

> From: corvid <b...@ckb.ird>
> Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
> Subject: Re: China issues highest heat alert for almost 70 cities in second heatwave this month
> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 20:50:10 -0700

Edward Hernandez

Aug 4, 2022, 9:14:02 PM8/4/22
See also these Jake Isks (aka John Doe) troll nym-shift names:

John Doe <alway...@message.header>
John <lo...@post.header>
Judge Dredd <alway...@post.header>
"Edward's Mother" <alway...@post.header>
"Edward's Father" <alway...@post.header>
Edward Hernandez Loves Porn <alway...@post.header>
Edward Hernandez Smells Funny <vi...@post.header>
Jack Webb <myop...@least.com>

Jake Isks (aka John Doe troll) claiming it has never nym-shifted on
Usenet: http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=165248158300

John Dope stated the following in message-id
<svsh05$lbh$5...@dont-email.me>
(http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=164904625100) posted Fri, 4 Mar 2022
08:01:09 -0000 (UTC):

> Compared to other regulars, Bozo contributes practically nothing
> except insults to this group.

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio
to USENET (**) has been 76.1% of its posts contributing "nothing except
insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at
least 3610 articles to USENET. Of which 176 have been pure insults and
2571 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is
> CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another
incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Thu, 4 Aug 2022 22:06:41 -0000
(UTC) in message-id <tchfth$2trm4$3...@dont-email.me>.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups
readers who happen by to point out that John Dope does not even follow
the rules it uses to troll other posters.

ETBqAoE4GS/B