Functional sunspot model built on the ground with high-power plasma burners in a 10 x 10 array system

a a

Jan 28, 2023, 4:42:55 PM1/28/23
Functional sunspot model built on the ground with high-power plasma burners in a 10 x 10 array system

https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39378

Anthony William Sloman

Jan 29, 2023, 1:14:19 AM1/29/23
On Sunday, January 29, 2023 at 8:42:55 AM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> Functional sunspot model built on the ground with high-power plasma burners in a 10 x 10 array system
>
> https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39378

You do know that the sun is a three -dimensional object ... and a functional model of it would have planets.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

a a

Jan 29, 2023, 9:10:07 AM1/29/23
sunspot vs. Sun

Anthony William Sloman

Jan 29, 2023, 10:41:10 PM1/29/23
On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 1:10:07 AM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> sunspot vs. Sun

Sadly for your intellectual reputation, sunspots are aspects of three-dimensional activity.

"Indicating intense magnetic activity, sunspots accompany other active region phenomena such as coronal loops, prominences, and reconnection events. Most solar flares and coronal mass ejections originate in these magnetically active regions around visible sunspot groupings."

The magnetic fields stick out of the surface of the sun, as do the coronal loops that are constrained by them. Obviously the magnetic fields also penetrate below the surface into the conducting plasma that carries the currents that generate them.

You are clearly clueless. The chance that you will learn enough to realise this does seem to be vanishingly small.

--
Bil Sloman, Sydney

a a

Jan 30, 2023, 6:28:19 AM1/30/23
-- sunspots are aspects of three-dimensional activity.

Who said otherwise ?

> "Indicating intense magnetic activity, sunspots accompany other active region phenomena such as coronal loops, prominences, and reconnection events. Most solar flares and coronal mass ejections originate in these magnetically active regions around visible sunspot groupings."

and so what ?

> The magnetic fields stick out of the surface of the sun, as do the coronal loops that are constrained by them. Obviously the magnetic fields also penetrate below the surface into the conducting plasma that carries the currents that generate them.

and so what ?

Plasma burners exactly represent three-dimentional activity.

Plasma can be controlled in magnetic field

easy cake

Plasma Vortex in a Magnetic Field

https://youtu.be/O_qv2-rSLhM

https://www.magneticgames.eu/2018/06/30/plasma-vortex-in-a-magnetic-field/

a a

Jan 30, 2023, 6:40:10 AM1/30/23

a a

Jan 30, 2023, 6:47:46 AM1/30/23

Fred Bloggs

Jan 30, 2023, 6:59:07 AM1/30/23
On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 4:42:55 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> Functional sunspot model built on the ground with high-power plasma burners in a 10 x 10 array system
>
> https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39378

That plasma torch is pricey as all get out. I wonder what they're used for, they have to make an unholy mess of whatever they're cutting through. Seems like 45,000oF would be way too hot for soldering, brazing, welding- everything would vaporize.

Fred Bloggs

Jan 30, 2023, 12:13:16 PM1/30/23
On Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 4:42:55 PM UTC-5, a a wrote:
> Functional sunspot model built on the ground with high-power plasma burners in a 10 x 10 array system
>
> https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39378

Looks like there are quite a few state-of-the-art surface treatment applications using plasma technology. Maybe focus on these instead:

https://www.thierry-corp.com/plasma-technology/applications

Anthony William Sloman

Jan 30, 2023, 10:21:00 PM1/30/23
On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 10:28:19 PM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> -- sunspots are aspects of three-dimensional activity.
>
> Who said otherwise ?

A 10x1O array is necessarily two domenional.

> > "Indicating intense magnetic activity, sunspots accompany other active region phenomena such as coronal loops, prominences, and reconnection events. Most solar flares and coronal mass ejections originate in these magnetically active regions around visible sunspot groupings."
>
> and so what ?

Your plasma burners aren't going to have magnetic fields that influnece adjacent plasma burners.

> > The magnetic fields stick out of the surface of the sun, as do the coronal loops that are constrained by them. Obviously the magnetic fields also penetrate below the surface into the conducting plasma that carries the currents that generate them.
> and so what ?
>

> Plasma burners exactly represent three-dimentional activity.

Inside the individual plasma burner. This isn't the activity you need to represent.

> Plasma can be controlled in magnetic field.

Try to stop the plasma in an arc lamp from wandering with a magnetic field.

> easy cake

Until you try it.
Grow up.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

whit3rd

Jan 30, 2023, 10:25:30 PM1/30/23
It's the bomb, though, if you want to drill through rock.

Anthony William Sloman

Jan 30, 2023, 10:27:03 PM1/30/23
On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 10:40:10 PM UTC+11, a a wrote:
> On Monday, 30 January 2023 at 12:28:19 UTC+1, a a wrote:

<snip>

> Tokamak Fusion Reactor ☢️ Plasma in Magnetic Field

The Tokamak is a scheme for getting nuclear fusion temperatures without having solar to stabilise the hydrogen plasma at temperatures compatible with nuclear fusion. It doesn't have much to do with sun-spots (which are are more about the instabilities that mean that simple Tokamaks don't work).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

a a

Jan 31, 2023, 10:31:08 AM1/31/23
exactly the reason I don't study Tokamaks

I am close to build functional model of the sunspot on the ground, made of 100 plasma burners in 10 x 10 array layout
https://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39378

I go with my reasearch to Plasma Technologies Conference

I can control each of 100 plasma burners in the strong magnetic field individually, to make the whole structure to resemble the Giant Sunspot

Anthony William Sloman

Jan 31, 2023, 9:58:45 PM1/31/23
It might look like one - to the extent of having a darker patch - but the resemblance would be entirely superficial. Real sunspots reflect a complicated magnetic field that is continuous (but not uniform) over the entire sunspot and the adjacent area on the surface of the sun.

If you took that to a plasma conference, you'd be jeered at.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney