Rigol reset?

Hul Tytus

Feb 17, 2024, 12:17:34 PMFeb 17
I have a Rigol DS1102E, a 2 channel 100mc scope, that is currently
showing 2 copies of the expected display, one above the other.
Whether this is a bug or a feature is questionable but reseting
the scope to a common state would be helpful. Anyone know if this
is possible and how it's done?

Hul

Fred Bloggs

Feb 17, 2024, 12:28:55 PMFeb 17
It's called a split screen. De-select it.

> Hul

Dave Platt

Feb 17, 2024, 2:11:03 PMFeb 17
You have probably put the scope into "Delayed Scan" mode, where the
lower half of the window shows a magnified view of a portion of the
full sweep. You might have gotten into this mode via the horizontal
menu (press horizontal MENU, then select Delayed and then On) or by
pressing the horizontal scale button. The latter is probably quite
easy to do by accident.

You can turn this mode back off via the menu, and (I assume) by
pressing the horizontal scale button a second time.

There's also a split-screen mode if the FFT feature is enabled, but
that doesn't sound like what you're seeing.

I don't see a complete "system reset" feature anywhere in the manual;
I might be missing it. If it's there it's probably buried in the
"Utility" menus somewhere.

John Larkin

Feb 17, 2024, 2:45:08 PMFeb 17
One very handy button on my Rigol is DEFAULT, which turns off all
sorts of stuff.

Hul Tytus

Feb 17, 2024, 4:19:12 PMFeb 17
Thanks Dave. I'll go through horizontal menu & see what happens.

Hul

Hul Tytus

Feb 17, 2024, 4:21:32 PMFeb 17
Thanks John, that sounds like what's needed. Where's it
located?

Hul

John Larkin

Feb 17, 2024, 4:48:14 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:21:25 -0000 (UTC), Hul Tytus <h...@panix.com>
wrote:
Seems like some of the Rigols and some Siglents have a visible DEFAULT
button, and some don't.

People enjoy re-inventing user interfaces.