Battery Difference between CR2032 and CR2025

fred.fl...@thecave.com

Sep 3, 2012, 7:24:44 PM9/3/12
My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
there any reason not to use the 2025?

--------------

Jamie

Sep 3, 2012, 8:42:47 PM9/3/12
They are the same except that the 25 is lower amp rating. The
25 at the end is 2.5mm verses the 3.2 mm you were using.. It'll
work just fine but not last as long. Probably it'll last long enough
for the rest of that computer's life.

the 20 at the start is the width of the cell.

I am doing this from memory but it should be correct.

Jamie.

Sjouke Burry

Sep 3, 2012, 1:22:05 PM9/3/12
fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote in
To thin to fit in quite a few sockets.
And if it fits a bit, it will be empty much sooner.

rober...@localnet.com

Sep 3, 2012, 10:02:50 PM9/3/12
No.

Jeff Liebermann

Sep 3, 2012, 10:31:24 PM9/3/12
The 2025 won't quite fit in the socket. Put a dime on the + end as a
shim. It won't last as long as the 2032, but should work.

--
Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

hamilton

Sep 3, 2012, 10:55:19 PM9/3/12
Google knows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes
(2/3s down the page)

~2/3 the Capacity and smaller

Simon Stroud

Sep 6, 2012, 7:30:29 PM9/6/12

"Jamie" <jamie_ka1lpa_not_v...@charter.net> wrote in message
Yep that's correct.

For a 2032, the 20 means the diameter (20mm) and the 32 means the thickness
(3.2mm). The 2025 is 2.5mm thick and the even thinner 2016 is 1.6mm thick.

Most sockets are designed for a particular thickness so as others have
noted, the 2025 will not fit the socket correctly.

Regards,
Simon.

Jamie

Sep 6, 2012, 10:24:37 PM9/6/12
That is not totally true..

Many sockets don't use the swing over spring arm, the cell is wedged in
the socket via a side spring to hold it. This means it'll hold all the
CR20xx sizes.. Your key FOB on most cars are a good example. At least
the one on my jeep and Sante Fe are.

Jamie

fred.fl...@thecave.com

Sep 10, 2012, 10:22:22 PM9/10/12
It's contacting fine, and is working to keep my clock set. Teh contacts
are on the side of the case part of the battery, so it seems to work
just fine. This is an older IBM computer, and it needs a new battery
every 8 months or so. It always has since I bought it around 2004.
Seems that IBM computers all had (or still have) this problem. I'll
live with it. At least they dont seem to have failing capacitors and
the other failures that some other brands are known to have. Aside from
eating batteries, these IBM systems seem to run forever.

I should mention that I always shut off a power strip for the computer
and all components hooked to it. I was told that leaving it plugged in
and just shutting off the power switch would save batteries. But I'd
probably pay for it in my electric bill, and possibly lose a computer
from lightning. Lightning strikes are common on farms. I tend to lose
a modem at least once a year and recently lost a DTV converter. I'd
have to disconnect the antennas and phone lines and darn near everything
else to prevent this. That gets to be a major hassle.

spamtrap1888

Sep 10, 2012, 10:32:27 PM9/10/12
On Sep 10, 7:23 pm, fred.flintst...@thecave.com wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 00:30:29 +0100, "Simon Stroud"
>

> <simon.str...@btoutternet.com> wrote:
>
> >"Jamie" <jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1l...@charter.net> wrote in message
Yes, you are discharging the battery every time you shut off the
computer. But what's the problem? You just have to reset the time
every time you boot.

>  But I'd
> probably pay for it in my electric bill, and possibly lose a computer
> from lightning.  Lightning strikes are common on farms.  I tend to lose
> a modem at least once a year and recently lost a DTV converter.  I'd
> have to disconnect the antennas and phone lines and darn near everything
> else to prevent this.  That gets to be a major hassle.

Get a UPS that offers adequate surge protection.

wes...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2012, 9:28:33 AM9/11/12
On Monday, September 10, 2012 10:23:27 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
I was told that leaving it plugged in and just shutting off the power switch would save batteries.

Battery life expectancy is determined by 'shelf life'. Typically five years. The battery will discharge just as quickly on a shelf or in that computer (assuming an IC that contains the CMOS was properly constructed).

Michael A. Terrell

Sep 11, 2012, 11:16:29 AM9/11/12
Bullshit. The computers RTC isn't static, it consumes some power at
all times. When the computer isn't supplying the power, the battery
is. It isn't much, but it will cut the battery life by half. The RTC
uses the same 32,768 hz crystal used in a digital watch, and the same
divider chain to generate the 1 PPS, followed by additional dividers to
track time & date. it also has additional registers to store BIOS
settings. No CMOS circuit is perfect. All gates leak small amounts of
current, and the more a chip has, the more it consumes due to leakage.

lang...@fonz.dk

Sep 11, 2012, 3:21:09 PM9/11/12
On 11 Sep., 17:16, "Michael A. Terrell" <mike.terr...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
but it isn't much for something specially made for low current

I just picked the first maxim rtc on their list
http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS1339A.pdf
something like 0.5uA

looking at this: http://www.sony.net/Products/MicroBattery/cr/spec.html
it doesn't seem to make much of a difference for a cr2025/cr2032

-Lasse

Michael A. Terrell

Sep 11, 2012, 9:59:49 PM9/11/12
2032 speced at .2 mA discharge rate for 1500 hours. That is with a
15K load.

The data sheet for the Maxium RTC states:

PARAMETER SYMBOL CONDITIONS TYP UNITS
VCC Active Current ICCA (Note 5) 450 渙
VCC Standby Current ICCS (Note 6) 200 渙

wes...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2012, 11:26:45 PM9/11/12
On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:21:10 PM UTC-4, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
... it doesn't seem to make much of a difference for a cr2025/cr2032

IC consumes so little current (nanoamps) that battery shelf life is the relevant parameter. Either battery should be good for at least five years as demonstrated by correct numbers (in nanoamps; not microamps).

kmhol...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2014, 1:17:54 PM2/25/14

k...@attt.bizz

Feb 25, 2014, 7:42:29 PM2/25/14
The thickness (3.2mm vs. 2.5mm), and the energy that goes with the
size difference. Both are have a diameter of 20mm (hence the 2025 and
2032 numbers).

professor/grant

Apr 30, 2014, 5:00:34 AM4/30/14
Sounds to me like somebody forgot to eat their cornflakes this morning. Let's not get our chemistry
mixed up with our biology? Here's the bottom line.......it will work. I've been using the cr2025 in my
IBM computer's clock for the past 12 years. I haven't noticed one bit of difference. Furthermore, I understand that lightning will strike anything...even trees that do not supply power to anything
at all!! Hmmm, imagine that?

Geo

Apr 30, 2014, 11:14:27 AM4/30/14
On Wed, 30 Apr 2014 02:00:34 -0700 (PDT), "professor/grant"
<coolr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:16:34 AM UTC-7, Michael Terrell wrote:
>> wes...@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>> > On Monday, September 10, 2012 10:23:27 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
>>
>> > I was told that leaving it plugged in and just shutting off the power switch would save batteries.
>>

>> > Battery life expectancy is determined by 'shelf life'. Typically five years. The battery will discharge just as quickly on a shelf or in that computer (assuming an IC that contains the CMOS was properly constructed).
>>

>> Bullshit. The computers RTC isn't static, it consumes some power at
>>
>> all times.

<snip>

>. I've been using the cr2025 in my
>IBM computer's clock for the past 12 years.

Ah! - maybe that would explain your replying to two-year old posts...

miso

Apr 30, 2014, 5:41:37 PM4/30/14
> Ah! - maybe that would explain your replying to two-year old posts...

Not to mention you can't made in Japan coin cells anymore. They are now made
in China and crappy.

lou...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2014, 1:52:44 PM7/15/14

Tim Wescott

Jul 15, 2014, 3:00:33 PM7/15/14
On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:52:44 -0700, loum760 wrote:

It is customary to actually ask a question in this space.

Judging from your heading, though, you want to know the difference
between a CR2032 and a CR2025 battery.

The only thing you can count on at all is size: the CR2025 will be 2.5mm
thick, instead of 3.2mm thick.

There's more room inside the bigger battery, so the CR2032 will
_probably_ have more capacity and slightly higher current capability, but
the battery manufacturer is free to put whatever they want inside the
case: they could even use the CR2025 innards in a CR2032 shell, to save
production costs.

If you need to know how a battery is going to perform in a specific
application, your best bet is to look at data sheets from specific
manufacturers (the good ones do publish these; some even publish accurate
ones). Use the data sheet to verify that the battery will or won't do
what you need.

There's probably more advantage to be had by buying a really good name
brand CR2025 over a cheap no-name one than there is to be had by going
from a no-name CR2025 to a no-name CR2032.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

broc...@sky.com

Aug 6, 2014, 9:37:22 AM8/6/14
Great Tip!!

Pimpom

Aug 6, 2014, 11:19:28 AM8/6/14
broc...@sky.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 3:31:23 AM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann
> wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 18:24:44 -0500,
>> fred.fl...@thecave.com
>> wrote:
>>

>>> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a
>>> CR2025 at
>>
>>> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they
>>> are 3v.
>>> The
>>
>>> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same
>>> size.
>>> Is
>>
>>> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>>
>> The 2025 won't quite fit in the socket. Put a dime on the +
>> end as a
>>
>> shim. It won't last as long as the 2032, but should work.
>>

> Great Tip!!

The type numbers define the physical size. The 20 stands for a
nominal diameter of 20 mm. The last two digits define the
thickness.
CR2032 -> 3.2 mm
CR2025 -> 2.5 mm

orego...@hotmail.com

Nov 25, 2014, 9:59:13 PM11/25/14
A dime may be slightly too thick, you can fold a piece of aluminum foil to an approximate correct thickness. =)

Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen

Nov 26, 2014, 3:01:05 AM11/26/14
More than two Years later, i guess it's too late... ;-)

Jorgen

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Nov 26, 2014, 3:45:31 AM11/26/14
On Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:58:21 +0100, "Lund-Nielsen, Jorgen"
<jorgen.lu...@xyz123desy.de> Gave us:
Fold the Aluminum foil around matchbook cover card stock.

Well... one used to be able to refer to matchbook covers, and
adjusting one's points and such antiquated "skills".

Sure glad I quit smoking back in '87. Never looked back.

rickman

Nov 26, 2014, 3:57:16 AM11/26/14
Nope, as long as your holder has enough spring in the contact to keep
the connection it will work just fine. I do it all the time.... so to
speak.

--

Rick

stephen....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2014, 11:22:01 AM12/1/14
On Monday, September 3, 2012 6:24:44 PM UTC-5, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

The mediary of the disproportionate mass is equal to the hypotenuse of the inverse triangulation. This extrapolates into dissonance and transpondanse with slight emissions of alabalung gazunga, which is found in a cow pen in the Kenya Highlands. Thus, the last word hath been spoken by your faithful servant and slave from Texas.

Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Dec 2, 2014, 12:20:51 PM12/2/14
In article <6ed55e38-ce83-4728...@googlegroups.com>,
stephen....@gmail.com says...
Now that I know that, I feel so much schzmarter!

Jamie

mker...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2014, 11:10:44 PM12/21/14
On Monday, September 3, 2012 8:29:42 PM UTC-4, Jamie wrote:
> fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
>
> > My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> > a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> > CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> > there any reason not to use the 2025?
> >
> > --------------
> >
> They are the same except that the 25 is lower amp rating. The
> 25 at the end is 2.5mm verses the 3.2 mm you were using.. It'll
> work just fine but not last as long. Probably it'll last long enough
> for the rest of that computer's life.
>
> the 20 at the start is the width of the cell.
>
> I am doing this from memory but it should be correct.
>
> Jamie.

I just wanted to say this was a quick and helpful explanation. Thanks

Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

Dec 23, 2014, 10:31:10 AM12/23/14
In article <82a21884-ad7e-4983...@googlegroups.com>,
mker...@gmail.com says...
Sure no problem..

I just bought two CR2032 today to replenish my key fobs. :)

Jamie

dan...@optonline.net

Jan 11, 2015, 7:38:20 PM1/11/15
On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 7:24:44 PM UTC-4, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

I use a bunch of CR2032's and have an ample supply on hand. So when my Nissan's remote started to act up I tried replacing the CR2025 with a CR2032 as they are both 3v and appear very similar in size. (see comments by others for size differences) Anyway, the CR2032 works great as a replacement for the CR2025.

mann...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2015, 10:05:34 AM1/15/15
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 2:29:42 AM UTC+2, Jamie wrote:
> fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
>
> > My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> > a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> > CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> > there any reason not to use the 2025?
> >
> > --------------
> >
> They are the same except that the 25 is lower amp rating. The
> 25 at the end is 2.5mm verses the 3.2 mm you were using.. It'll
> work just fine but not last as long. Probably it'll last long enough
> for the rest of that computer's life.
>
> the 20 at the start is the width of the cell.
>
> I am doing this from memory but it should be correct.
>
> Jamie.

FYI a typical BMW key fob takes a 2020, 3 volt (Panasonic or Energiser)

bornstra...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2015, 2:00:59 PM7/23/15
On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 7:24:44 PM UTC-4, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

I just, successfully, replaced a cr2025 with a cr 2032.

TTman

Jul 23, 2015, 5:21:59 PM7/23/15
One is 3.2 mm thick, the one you bought is 2.5 mm thick..

---

rickman

Jul 23, 2015, 5:29:18 PM7/23/15
Other way 'round I think. He managed to install the thick one where the
skinny one was called for. I've used a skinny one in place of a thick
one before, but you have to be careful that it will still make contact.
Sometimes the spring doesn't have enough compliance. It's even worse
when multiple cells are stacked.

--

Rick

mawin...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2015, 9:18:58 PM7/30/15
On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 7:24:44 PM UTC-4, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------
The CR2025 in my A/C remote died and I replaced it with a CR2032. It is a snug fit, but the remote works again.

alexan...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2015, 9:03:36 PM11/14/15
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 9:24:37 PM UTC-5, Jamie wrote:
> Simon Stroud wrote:
>
> > "Jamie" <jamie_ka1lpa_not_v...@charter.net> wrote in message

> >>They are the same except that the 25 is lower amp rating. The
> >>25 at the end is 2.5mm verses the 3.2 mm you were using.. It'll
> >>work just fine but not last as long. Probably it'll last long enough
> >>for the rest of that computer's life.
> >>
> >> the 20 at the start is the width of the cell.
> >>
> >> I am doing this from memory but it should be correct.
> >>
> >>Jamie.
> >>

> > Yep that's correct.
> >
> > For a 2032, the 20 means the diameter (20mm) and the 32 means the thickness
> > (3.2mm). The 2025 is 2.5mm thick and the even thinner 2016 is 1.6mm thick.
> >
> > Most sockets are designed for a particular thickness so as others have
> > noted, the 2025 will not fit the socket correctly.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simon.
> >

> That is not totally true..
>
> Many sockets don't use the swing over spring arm, the cell is wedged in
> the socket via a side spring to hold it. This means it'll hold all the
> CR20xx sizes.. Your key FOB on most cars are a good example. At least
> the one on my jeep and Sante Fe are.
>
> Jamie

correct/agreed.....using a 2025 i found for my car fob; last long enough for me to find the cache of 2032's i have somewhere

Jeff Liebermann

Nov 14, 2015, 9:49:23 PM11/14/15
On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:00:33 -0500, Tim Wescott
<t...@seemywebsite.really> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:52:44 -0700, loum760 wrote:

>It is customary to actually ask a question in this space.

It won't help. There are those, like me, that read between the lines.

>There's more room inside the bigger battery, so the CR2032 will
>_probably_ have more capacity and slightly higher current capability, but
>the battery manufacturer is free to put whatever they want inside the
>case: they could even use the CR2025 innards in a CR2032 shell, to save
>production costs.

Methinks that they're identical in capacity.

I had ocassion to tear apart a CR2032 cell:
<http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/CR2032-disassembled.jpg>
Note the mottled looking white Lithium smear on the anode terminal on
the right. Over a period of several days, the somewhat clear lithium
oxidized into a white coating. Notice that the crumbling MnO2 cathode
is somewhat thicker than necessary. When I tore apart a CR2025
(sorry, no photo) it was the same as the CR2032 but with a slightly
thinner MnO2 layer. It might save some money to use identical
components.

I haven't run discharge tests yet (I have a West Mtn Radio CBA-II
analyzer) but I wouldn't be surprised if the CR2032 and CR2025 were
identical capacity. If you look at the discharge curves, the
"Discharge Characteristics" graphs are identical.
<http://biz.maxell.com/files_etc/9/cr/en/CR2032_DataSheet_12e.pdf>
<http://biz.maxell.com/files_etc/9/cr/en/CR2025_DataSheet_e.pdf>

psic...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2016, 1:46:32 PM2/3/16
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at 4:31:24 AM UTC+2, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 18:24:44 -0500, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
>
> >My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> >a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> >CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> >there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> The 2025 won't quite fit in the socket. Put a dime on the + end as a
> shim. It won't last as long as the 2032, but should work.
>
> --
> Jeff Liebermann je...@cruzio.com
> Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
> Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

The dime worked well, good tip.

rover...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2016, 2:45:08 AM4/17/16
On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 4:24:44 PM UTC-7, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

Fred McKenzie

Apr 17, 2016, 6:22:47 PM4/17/16
In article <737ea637-e8ab-4a41...@googlegroups.com>,
You might as well use it, just make sure it is secure in the battery
socket and the spring contact is not loose.

How long did the CR2032 last? Probably several years. Expect the
CR2025 to last about 2/3 as long.

Fred

leeg...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2016, 7:57:04 PM4/28/16
On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 7:24:44 PM UTC-4, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

My guess is it probably already has been replaced!! LMAO!!!!!

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 28, 2016, 9:35:42 PM4/28/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), leeg...@gmail.com Gave us:
The form factor (size and shape) is the only difference. If the
receptacle retains it, it should be just fine.

Maybe a simple google search for CR2032 CR2025 interchangeability
would yield useful results.

Dr. Dynamite

Apr 29, 2016, 1:12:56 AM4/29/16
On 04/28/2016 06:35 PM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 16:45:30 -0700 (PDT), leeg...@gmail.com Gave us:
>
>> On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 7:24:44 PM UTC-4, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
>>> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
>>> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
>>> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
>>> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>>>
>>> --------------
>>
>> My guess is it probably already has been replaced!! LMAO!!!!!
>
> The form factor (size and shape) is the only difference.

I think the mass is probably different too.
And the sound when it's struck.

> If the receptacle retains it, it should be just fine.

More to it than that.

> Maybe a simple google search for CR2032 CR2025 interchangeability
> would yield useful results.

Maybe not, though.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 29, 2016, 9:41:38 AM4/29/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:12:50 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
Gave us:

>> The form factor (size and shape) is the only difference.
>
>I think the mass is probably different too.
>And the sound when it's struck.

Use some common sense. If the size and shape differ, the mass will as
well.

The millampere/hour number will be *smaller* for the smaller battery
too. Duh. Is your first name Napoleon?

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 29, 2016, 9:41:55 AM4/29/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:12:50 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
Gave us:

>> If the receptacle retains it, it should be just fine.
>
>More to it than that.

You're an idiot.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 29, 2016, 9:42:45 AM4/29/16
On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:12:50 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
Gave us:

>> Maybe a simple google search for CR2032 CR2025 interchangeability
>> would yield useful results.
>
>Maybe not, though.

I take it back. You're not an idiot. You're dumber than dogshit.

Dr. Dynamite

Apr 29, 2016, 12:53:07 PM4/29/16
On 04/29/2016 06:41 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:12:50 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
> Gave us:
>
>>> The form factor (size and shape) is the only difference.
>>
>> I think the mass is probably different too.
>> And the sound when it's struck.
>
> Use some common sense. If the size and shape differ, the mass will as
> well.

Isn't common sense to you, except in hindsight. You miss stuff routinely.

> The millampere/hour number will be *smaller* for the smaller battery
> too. Duh.

Or, it might not. Duh. Duh.

Dr. Dynamite

Apr 29, 2016, 1:00:12 PM4/29/16
Let me help you...
"CR2032 CR2025 compatible" is a better bet. Use common language.
Who is really going to use the clumsy term "interchangeability" in their
search? You had to use a dictionary to spell it. And how many web pages
are going to contain the word?

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 29, 2016, 1:47:57 PM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:52:59 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
Gave us:

>> The millampere/hour number will be *smaller* for the smaller battery
>> too. Duh.
>
>Or, it might not. Duh. Duh.

You are an absolute idiot. The capacity will be less for the smaller
device. Guaranteed.

Also guaranteed that you are a stupid fuck. Especially with that "you
miss stuff routinely" baby bullshit.

Dr. Dynamite? Dr. Dipshit is more like it, Napoleon. kabang that,
you stupid fuck.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 29, 2016, 1:53:50 PM4/29/16
On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:59:37 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
Gave us:

>On 04/29/2016 06:42 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:12:50 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
>> Gave us:

>>> Maybe not, though.
>>
>> I take it back. You're not an idiot. You're dumber than dogshit.
>
>Let me help you...

You are an inept dumbfuck. You cannot even help yourself.

>"CR2032 CR2025 compatible" is a better bet.

Wrong again, asswipe. The world is not as dumbed down as a putz like
you is.

> Use common language.

"interchangeability" IS a common term, stupid jackass.

>Who is really going to use the clumsy term "interchangeability" in their
>search?

Had you tried, you would already know that the search.... That
PRECISE search about those two batteries IS an often searched question.

But you are too self centered with your thumb up your ass and then
into your mouth to have any clue. Something your mother taught you, I
am sure.

>You had to use a dictionary to spell it.

Nice try, putz.

>And how many web pages
>are going to contain the word?

Again... You are decidedly too stupid, and obviously did not perform
the search. I cannot help you with your abject stupidity.

Looks like your mom should be in prison for failing to flush you, the
moment the stupid slut shat you.

John S

Apr 29, 2016, 2:36:54 PM4/29/16
Another thread polluted and sullied by DecadentIdiotAlwaysWrong who
contributes only insults rather than engineering-type information.

Dr. Dynamite

Apr 30, 2016, 1:13:25 PM4/30/16
Take another look at the post by leegrimjr, and then your utterly
ridiculous reply to that post. This will be therapeutic. You need to do
this in order to appreciate the enormity of your own stupidity.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Apr 30, 2016, 2:02:11 PM4/30/16
On Sat, 30 Apr 2016 10:13:18 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
Gave us:

>On 04/29/2016 10:47 AM, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:52:59 -0700, "Dr. Dynamite" <ka-...@mail.com>
>> Gave us:

>>> Or, it might not. Duh. Duh.
>>

>> You are an absolute idiot. The capacity will be less for the smaller
>> device. Guaranteed.
>>
>> Also guaranteed that you are a stupid fuck. Especially with that "you
>> miss stuff routinely" baby bullshit.
>>
>> Dr. Dynamite? Dr. Dipshit is more like it, Napoleon. kabang that,
>> you stupid fuck.
>
>Take another look at the post by leegrimjr, and then your utterly
>ridiculous reply to that post. This will be therapeutic. You need to do
>this in order to appreciate the enormity of your own stupidity.

Says the putz with the minuscule brain, and lack of ability to
understand that capacity and form factor are tied together.

Your first name really is Napoleon.

ross.mi...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 5:39:04 PM6/22/16
On Monday, September 3, 2012 at 6:24:44 PM UTC-5, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

Old post, but full answer here. As many have said, the 2025 is 2.5 mm thick, the 2032 is 3.2 mm thick. Some battery holders might not properly take the alternate size. Second item - at least for one brand, the ..32 has 240 mAh while the ..25 is 163 mAh. The ..25 will last about 2/3 as long as the ..32

gerryd...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 7:37:55 PM6/30/16
Bunch of fuckin geeks! Lol

a.pep...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2016, 11:36:15 AM7/2/16
Τη Τρίτη, 4 Σεπτεμβρίου 2012 - 2:24:44 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης fred.fl...@thecave.com έγραψε:
> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>
> --------------

There are deferances in battery current CR2032 is double the CR2025, and in the dimentions (especialy in width) 2,5mm CR2023 and 3,2mm the CR2032 one!

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Jul 2, 2016, 11:47:22 AM7/2/16
On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 08:36:11 -0700 (PDT), a.pep...@gmail.com Gave us:

>?? ?????, 4 ??????????? 2012 - 2:24:44 ?.?. UTC+3, ? ??????? fred.fl...@thecave.com ??????:
>> My computer clock battery died. It had a CR2032. I bought a CR2025 at
>> a store going out of business (No Returns). Both say they are 3v. The
>> CR2025 is a little thinner, but otherwise they are the same size. Is
>> there any reason not to use the 2025?
>>
>> --------------
>
>There are deferances in battery current CR2032 is double the CR2025, and in the
> dimentions (especialy in width) 2,5mm CR2023 and 3,2mm the CR2032 one!

There are differences in the capacity as well.

Use some common sense. Same storage technology, different physical
form factor.

I will leave it to you to figure out whether it is the larger or
smaller battery which has slightly less capacity.

Although a child might take the Nickel over the dime because it is
bigger, but some take the dime because it is shiny-er.

kenrd...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2016, 5:21:32 PM11/7/16
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:22:22 PM UTC-7, fred.fl...@thecave.com wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 00:30:29 +0100, "Simon Stroud"
> <simon....@btoutternet.com> wrote:
>

> >"Jamie" <jamie_ka1lpa_not_v...@charter.net> wrote in message

> >> They are the same except that the 25 is lower amp rating. The
> >> 25 at the end is 2.5mm verses the 3.2 mm you were using.. It'll
> >> work just fine but not last as long. Probably it'll last long enough
> >> for the rest of that computer's life.
> >>
> >> the 20 at the start is the width of the cell.
> >>
> >> I am doing this from memory but it should be correct.
> >>
> >> Jamie.
> >>

> >Yep that's correct.
> >
> >For a 2032, the 20 means the diameter (20mm) and the 32 means the thickness
> >(3.2mm). The 2025 is 2.5mm thick and the even thinner 2016 is 1.6mm thick.
> >
> >Most sockets are designed for a particular thickness so as others have
> >noted, the 2025 will not fit the socket correctly.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Simon.
> >

> It's contacting fine, and is working to keep my clock set. Teh contacts
> are on the side of the case part of the battery, so it seems to work
> just fine. This is an older IBM computer, and it needs a new battery
> every 8 months or so. It always has since I bought it around 2004.
> Seems that IBM computers all had (or still have) this problem. I'll
> live with it. At least they dont seem to have failing capacitors and
> the other failures that some other brands are known to have. Aside from
> eating batteries, these IBM systems seem to run forever.
>
> I should mention that I always shut off a power strip for the computer
> and all components hooked to it. I was told that leaving it plugged in
> and just shutting off the power switch would save batteries. But I'd
> probably pay for it in my electric bill, and possibly lose a computer
> from lightning. Lightning strikes are common on farms. I tend to lose
> a modem at least once a year and recently lost a DTV converter. I'd
> have to disconnect the antennas and phone lines and darn near everything
> else to prevent this. That gets to be a major hassle.

It should be noted that turning on and off the computer is more damaging than leaving it on! The worst thing for electronic equipment is heating then cooling.
If left on, the temperature remains relatively constant. The expansion and contraction on the circuit boards, soldering joints and silicon chips all have this problem. Just like a light bulb, it is better to leave it on.

John S

Nov 7, 2016, 7:52:33 PM11/7/16
Your battery is really dead. You're responding to a 5 year old post.

joni...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2016, 5:08:11 AM11/8/16
I belive you. Have an old computer there the battrie was dead and try an approx 5-10 year old battery i a package, but that was also completly dead. /Cheers

903...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2016, 10:08:14 AM11/17/16