Australia's Defense Policy

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 6:36:28 AM9/17/21

many here seem a bit confused about Australia's defense position in the Asia Pacific region - in particular our new deal with the UK & USA re licence building a number nuclear powered attack submarines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTCqXlDjx18

This short vid should clear that up nicely.

...... Phil

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 7:32:34 AM9/17/21
It's a clip from the satircal series "Utopia".

It's thick-eared stuff, and we didn't bother watching it, but it seems to be crude enough to have appealed to Phil.

I can't place the particular clip, but I could recognise the lead character (Rob Sitch).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(Australian_TV_series)

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Fred Bloggs

Sep 17, 2021, 10:23:58 AM9/17/21
Hilarious.

Almost as hilarious as U.S. borrowing a trillion bucks annually from China so they can beef up their military posture for dealing with China.

> ...... Phil

Cydrome Leader

Sep 17, 2021, 3:16:54 PM9/17/21
That's pretty good.

Chris M. White

Sep 17, 2021, 8:20:05 PM9/17/21
Funny how the press conference announcing this got zero TV coverage in
the West. Could be:

Boris Johnson: "Over to you, Mr. President."
Joe Biden: "Thank you, Boris. I'd also like to thank our friend
there.... the feller from.... down under.... thanks, pal."
Dumb bastard couldn't even remember Scott Morrison's name! :-O

Phil Allison

Sep 22, 2021, 2:02:43 AM9/22/21
Chris M. White wrote:

==================
> >Phil Allison
>>
> >> many here seem a bit confused about Australia's defense position in the Asia Pacific region -
>> in particular our new deal with the UK & USA re licence building a number nuclear powered attack submarines.
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTCqXlDjx18
> >>
> >> This short vid should clear that up nicely.
> >
> >That's pretty good.
>
> Funny how the press conference announcing this got zero TV coverage in
> the West. Could be:
>
> Boris Johnson: "Over to you, Mr. President."
> Joe Biden: "Thank you, Boris. I'd also like to thank our friend
> there.... the feller from.... down under.... thanks, pal."
> Dumb bastard couldn't even remember Scott Morrison's name! :-O

** Wonder if this news will get any coverage in the US ?

Australia is going to build high tech, Boeing drones right here.
And export them - but not to China !!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1XWy0wq1vI

Beijing are gonna have fucking * kittens * !!!!

I tell ya, we are done for .....

...... Phil

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 22, 2021, 2:39:58 AM9/22/21
Most Australians are trying to forget it too. "Scotty from Marketing" is great on presentation skills and less impressive when it comes to content.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney