Changes at NTSB w.r.t. "driverless" cars

Tom Gardner

Sep 17, 2021, 3:37:38 AM9/17/21
Long article, worth reading. Long overdue...

https://www.eetimes.com/hurricane-homendy-bearing-down-on-tech-sector/
Homendy laid out her concerns with a simple statement every auto and tech
company should heed as a warning: “We are in a time of transformational change.
But you know, I hear a lot about innovation and a lot about investment. I’m not
hearing a lot about safety. That’s where we come in. Safety has to be the
driver. That’s our role.”
Translation: Don’t mess with the NTSB.
Two of Homendy’s comments stand out:
“Does the Federal policy have adequate safeguards? No. Exactly.”
“They [NHTSA, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration] have put
technology advancement here before saving lives.”
Viewed in its entirety the video reveals the NTSB’s obvious frustrations with
NHTSA and clear irritation with Tesla, which was no doubt exacerbated by Elon
Musk having hung up on then NTSB Chair Sumwalt, who was investigating the fatal
crash.

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 3:50:16 AM9/17/21
Tom Gardner wrote:

> Long article, worth reading. Long overdue...
>
> https://www.eetimes.com/hurricane-homendy-bearing-down-on-tech-sector/
>
> Translation: Don’t mess with the NTSB.

** Read it, Ouch !!

..... Phil