It's a Computer and an Air Cleaner

D from BC

Jan 28, 2007, 3:56:42 PM1/28/07
My computer loads up with dust and it's just another chore.
Dust is all over the mb and jammed in all the heat sinks.

Then there's those living room air cleaning gizmos with a HEPA filter
to remove crap in the air..

The computer is already cleaning crap from the air but it's dumping
dust on the electronics.
Why not combine the air cleaning gizmo with a PC?
The PC can beep when the filter needs changing.

I look forward to the new Dell 3Ghz HEPA Heaven Fresh PC.. :)

D from BC

Jim Thompson

Jan 28, 2007, 4:02:00 PM1/28/07
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:56:42 GMT, D from BC <myreal...@comic.com>
wrote:

The way mine is ducted from the side I may simply tape a piece of
disposable air filter over the opening.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Jamie

Jan 28, 2007, 4:10:28 PM1/28/07
D from BC wrote:

get the box off the floor.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

D from BC

Jan 28, 2007, 4:30:33 PM1/28/07
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:02:00 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:56:42 GMT, D from BC <myreal...@comic.com>
>wrote:
>
>>My computer loads up with dust and it's just another chore.
>>Dust is all over the mb and jammed in all the heat sinks.
>>
>>Then there's those living room air cleaning gizmos with a HEPA filter
>>to remove crap in the air..
>>
>>The computer is already cleaning crap from the air but it's dumping
>>dust on the electronics.
>>Why not combine the air cleaning gizmo with a PC?
>>The PC can beep when the filter needs changing.
>>
>>I look forward to the new Dell 3Ghz HEPA Heaven Fresh PC.. :)
>>
>>D from BC
>
>The way mine is ducted from the side I may simply tape a piece of
>disposable air filter over the opening.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

I was inspired by your vacuuming tool post..
When the air filter clogs and the CPU overheats and BIOS reports
overtemp and starts beeping...That's kinda like a change filter
alarm.. :)

D from BC

Jim Thompson

Jan 28, 2007, 4:47:26 PM1/28/07
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:30:33 GMT, D from BC <myreal...@comic.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:02:00 -0700, Jim Thompson
><To-Email-Use-Th...@My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:56:42 GMT, D from BC <myreal...@comic.com>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>My computer loads up with dust and it's just another chore.
>>>Dust is all over the mb and jammed in all the heat sinks.
>>>
>>>Then there's those living room air cleaning gizmos with a HEPA filter
>>>to remove crap in the air..
>>>
>>>The computer is already cleaning crap from the air but it's dumping
>>>dust on the electronics.
>>>Why not combine the air cleaning gizmo with a PC?
>>>The PC can beep when the filter needs changing.
>>>
>>>I look forward to the new Dell 3Ghz HEPA Heaven Fresh PC.. :)
>>>
>>>D from BC
>>
>>The way mine is ducted from the side I may simply tape a piece of
>>disposable air filter over the opening.
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
>I was inspired by your vacuuming tool post..
>When the air filter clogs and the CPU overheats and BIOS reports
>overtemp and starts beeping...That's kinda like a change filter
>alarm.. :)
>
>D from BC

Probably ;-)

My PC's are on a roll-out shelf at my feet, so I could see the
condition of a filter. I'm thinking filters for the old "big-box"
Tektronix scopes could be adapted to PC's.

Anthony Fremont

Jan 28, 2007, 7:33:36 PM1/28/07
Jim Thompson wrote:

> The way mine is ducted from the side I may simply tape a piece of
> disposable air filter over the opening.

You might try a dryer fabric softening sheet, two birds and all that jazz.
;-)

D from BC

Jan 29, 2007, 1:07:56 PM1/29/07
Got one more:

It's a computer and a air freshener!!

Has anyone put a Stickup room deodorizer on the inside of a computer
case?
The cooling fans will spread the smell and give the room an outdoor
fresh scent.. That or the smell of an hospital washroom.. :)

Practical joke too??.. :)
D from BC