Image From Space Shows Downtown San Francisco Sinking Slowly Around Millennium Tower

Fred Bloggs

Nov 26, 2021, 6:59:58 AM11/26/21
Looks like the Millennium tower is going to take out the downtown area of the city next.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/image-from-space-shows-downtown-san-francisco-sinking-slowly-around-millennium-tower/2739942/

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Nov 26, 2021, 10:02:20 AM11/26/21
A few-inches dimple way downtown is not a problem. Most of the city
sits on rock way above sea level and isn't going anywhere. The MT
building was badly designed and ugly besides.

New Orleans, Houston, Miami, Jakarta are really sinking.

--

Father Brown's figure remained quite dark and still;
but in that instant he had lost his head. His head was

whit3rd

Nov 26, 2021, 3:56:52 PM11/26/21
On Friday, November 26, 2021 at 7:02:20 AM UTC-8, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> A few-inches dimple way downtown is not a problem. Most of the city
> sits on rock way above sea level and isn't going anywhere.

Here's one example of rock way above sea level
<https://youtu.be/aHNDPbuVAUI>
and in an earthquake, the 'isn't going anywhere' label doesn't apply.

Rock does have an advantage over soil, in that it doesn' liquefy. It can
still move dangerously, and the geologic history we know indicates a lot of
it has done so.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Nov 26, 2021, 4:48:29 PM11/26/21
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 12:56:50 -0800 (PST), whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com>
wrote:
I don't know of any big rocks like that in SF. There is some smaller
stuff in Glen Canyon that, low-probability, could take out some
hikers.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uctuj70j233op3b/AAAP3_xeMxVxI57RQ68WwG4ua?dl=0

We do have a lot of eucalyptus trees. They are non-native and shallow
rooted, so occasionally fall over even without an earthquake.

The MT building is leaning *over 0.1 degrees* now. I calculate that if
you and Fred stay at least 2500 miles away, you might survive the
crash.

Clifford Heath

Nov 26, 2021, 5:29:02 PM11/26/21
On 27/11/21 2:02 am, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 03:59:54 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Looks like the Millennium tower is going to take out the downtown area of the city next.
>>
>> https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/image-from-space-shows-downtown-san-francisco-sinking-slowly-around-millennium-tower/2739942/
>
> A few-inches dimple way downtown is not a problem. Most of the city
> sits on rock way above sea level and isn't going anywhere.

It's a bloody big problem if one side of the tower is on rock (or just
on firmer soft stuff) and the other isn't, though.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Nov 26, 2021, 5:50:55 PM11/26/21
MT is super heavy and none of the pilings reach bedrock.

The real problem is that the building is full of lawyers.

Clifford Heath

Nov 26, 2021, 6:32:44 PM11/26/21
On 27/11/21 9:50 am, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:28:55 +1100, Clifford Heath
> <no....@please.net> wrote:
>
>> On 27/11/21 2:02 am, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> A few-inches dimple way downtown is not a problem. Most of the city
>>> sits on rock way above sea level and isn't going anywhere.
>>
>> It's a bloody big problem if one side of the tower is on rock (or just
>> on firmer soft stuff) and the other isn't, though.
>
> MT is super heavy and none of the pilings reach bedrock.
>
> The real problem is that the building is full of lawyers.

That's a problem? The only problem I see here is if they get enough
warning of its sudden collapse.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Nov 26, 2021, 7:03:06 PM11/26/21
On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 10:32:38 +1100, Clifford Heath
0.11 degres of tilt in 12 years. Sea level rise will submerge it
before it collapses.

Jan Panteltje

Nov 27, 2021, 1:39:08 AM11/27/21
On a sunny day (Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:50:46 -0800) it happened
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in
<g2p2qg9qmgjdhnlkr...@4ax.com>:

>On Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:28:55 +1100, Clifford Heath
><no....@please.net> wrote:
>
>>On 27/11/21 2:02 am, jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

>>> A few-inches dimple way downtown is not a problem. Most of the city
>>> sits on rock way above sea level and isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>It's a bloody big problem if one side of the tower is on rock (or just
>>on firmer soft stuff) and the other isn't, though.
>
>MT is super heavy and none of the pilings reach bedrock.
>
>The real problem is that the building is full of lawyers.

The centrifugal force due to rotation of the earth will push it one way,
pointing south,
as it is not on the equator.

??

Ed Lee

Nov 27, 2021, 10:00:03 AM11/27/21
Millennium Tower is leaning North-East.

jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com

Nov 27, 2021, 7:06:54 PM11/27/21
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 03:59:54 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs
<bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mo wanted to walk the Salesforce elevated garden so I grumbled and
went with her, a short BART ride from our village.

The adjacent building is the Millennium Tower. You can't compare it
against Salesforce because Salesforce is curved, but if you line up an
edge against nearby square buildings there is no visible lean. 0.11
degrees would be hard to see and I doubt that the other buildings are
vertical to 0.11 degrees either.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgx63mx2n3fbzil/AAAjP3OfMzMdp6fvTDxrGudHa?dl=0

At least she bought me a beer.

Better find something else to get worked up about. Albatross divorce
rates maybe.

John Doe

Dec 1, 2021, 10:18:41 AM12/1/21
jla...@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote:

> Fred Bloggs
> <bloggs.fred...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Looks like the Millennium tower is going to take out the downtown area of the city next.
>>
>>https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/image-from-space-shows-downtown-san-francisco-sinking-slowly-around-millennium-tower/2739942/
>
> [SWMBO] wanted to walk the Salesforce elevated garden so I grumbled and
> went with her, a short BART ride from our village.
>
> The adjacent building is the Millennium Tower. You can't compare it
> against Salesforce because Salesforce is curved, but if you line up an
> edge against nearby square buildings there is no visible lean. 0.11
> degrees would be hard to see and I doubt that the other buildings are
> vertical to 0.11 degrees either.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgx63mx2n3fbzil/AAAjP3OfMzMdp6fvTDxrGudHa?dl=0
>
> At least she bought me a beer.
>
> Better find something else to get worked up about. Albatross divorce
> rates maybe.

It already has. Some of its early posts are National Enquirer stuff.