Aussie to build Nuclear Subs

Phil Allison

Sep 16, 2021, 6:14:51 AM9/16/21
Phil Allison wrote:
=================
Mad Bill wrote
--------------------------
> > Australia is buying French submarines to be built in Australia ...
>
> ** Not any more - that deal has been scrapped.
>
>> Been all over the news, since early this morning.
>
> A number of nuclear subs to be built with cruise missiles, the US Tomahawk " anti ship" is on offer.
> Previously hidden tech to be shared.
> Construction will be Australian, in SA as usual.
> Deal simultaneously announced by Aussie PM Morrison, USA Pres Biden and UK PM Johnson .
>
> Very big, historical in fact.

** See vid that will annoy Mad Bill sooooo much:

Former Australian PM, Tony Abbot being interviewed buy his former "girl friday ", Peta Credlin - both conservatives of course.

( It's so cute when she calls him "boss" ! )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKmcvDrsKtk

.... Phil

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 6:24:08 AM9/16/21
France lost out on $90B business on that one.

Australia isn't going to build anything. It's all technology transfer. They will be receiving a lot of help from U.S . You do understand nuclear in this context means nuclear powered and not nuclear armed.

A few months back there was a news story about a woman Australian politician who was really so stupid she thought the submarine could only stay submerged for 20 minutes because it was nuclear.

> .... Phil

Phil Allison

Sep 16, 2021, 6:39:48 AM9/16/21
Fred Bloggs wrote crap:
===================

> > > A number of nuclear subs to be built with cruise missiles, the US Tomahawk " anti ship" is on offer.
> > > Previously hidden tech to be shared.
> > > Construction will be Australian, in SA as usual.
> > > Deal simultaneously announced by Aussie PM Morrison, USA Pres Biden and UK PM Johnson .
> > >
> > > Very big, historical in fact.
> >
> > ** See vid that will annoy Mad Bill sooooo much:
> >
> > Former Australian PM, Tony Abbot being interviewed buy his former "girl friday ", Peta Credlin - both conservatives of course.
> >
> > ( It's so cute when she calls him "boss" ! )
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKmcvDrsKtk
> France lost out on $90B business on that one.
>
> Australia isn't going to build anything. It's all technology transfer.

** LOL - we will license *build* the new subs here.

> They will be receiving a lot of help from U.S .

** Sure hope so, that is the deal.

> You do understand nuclear in this context means nuclear powered and not nuclear armed.

** Well of course ............
Tomahawk cruise missiles are purely "conventional".
Aren't they ??.

FYI

Up till now a big issue has been refuelling of such subs - given that Aussie has no nuclear industry.
But the new reactor design is such that it will be one time fuelled, for the life of the boat.

Eventual disposal of nuclear waste should be no problem either.
Here or elsewhere for reprocessing.

Aussieland has taken a big leap into the future.

I expect China to soon extract a serious revenge.
To add to the nasty little ones they have done already.

..... Phil

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 6:45:06 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 6:39:48 AM UTC-4, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Fred Bloggs wrote crap:
> ===================

> > > ** See vid that will annoy Mad Bill sooooo much:
> > >
> > > Former Australian PM, Tony Abbot being interviewed buy his former "girl friday ", Peta Credlin - both conservatives of course.
> > >
> > > ( It's so cute when she calls him "boss" ! )
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKmcvDrsKtk
> > France lost out on $90B business on that one.
> >
> > Australia isn't going to build anything. It's all technology transfer.
> ** LOL - we will license *build* the new subs here.
> > They will be receiving a lot of help from U.S .
> ** Sure hope so, that is the deal.
> > You do understand nuclear in this context means nuclear powered and not nuclear armed.
> ** Well of course ............
> Tomahawk cruise missiles are purely "conventional".
> Aren't they ??.

I believe they can be fitted with nuclear warhead.
BGM-109A Tomahawk Land Attack Missile – Nuclear (TLAM-N) with a W80 nuclear warhead. Retired from service sometime between 2010 and 2013.[2] Reports from early 2018 state that the U.S. Navy is considering (re)introducing a (yet unknown type of) nuclear-armed cruise missile into service.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile)

> FYI
>
> Up till now a big issue has been refuelling of such subs - given that Aussie has no nuclear industry.
> But the new reactor design is such that it will be one time fuelled, for the life of the boat.
>
> Eventual disposal of nuclear waste should be no problem either.
> Here or elsewhere for reprocessing.
>
> Aussieland has taken a big leap into the future.
>
> I expect China to soon extract a serious revenge.
> To add to the nasty little ones they have done already.

China really doesn't have a Navy that can compete with western powers- not even close. All this stuff about China being a threat is overblown.

> ..... Phil

Phil Allison

Sep 16, 2021, 6:57:24 AM9/16/21
Fred Bloggs wrote:
=============

> I believe they can be fitted with nuclear warhead.

** Really ???

> > Aussieland has taken a big leap into the future.
> >
> > I expect China to soon extract a serious revenge.
> > To add to the nasty little ones they have done already.
>
> China really doesn't have a Navy that can compete with western powers

** Sure, but they are not stationed anywhere near.
It's Taiwan, South Korea and Japan who are targets - particularly Taiwan.

Since Aussies are pals and trade with all three, we are being seriously threatened for even hinting that we may assist them.
Numerous agricultural industries here are no longer able to export to China - a few have been wiped out.
All tourism and 250K uni students will stop soon.

Coal and iron ore are next.

.... Phil

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 7:44:24 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 6:57:24 AM UTC-4, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Fred Bloggs wrote:
> =============
> > I believe they can be fitted with nuclear warhead.
> ** Really ???
> > > Aussieland has taken a big leap into the future.
> > >
> > > I expect China to soon extract a serious revenge.
> > > To add to the nasty little ones they have done already.
> >
> > China really doesn't have a Navy that can compete with western powers
> ** Sure, but they are not stationed anywhere near.
> It's Taiwan, South Korea and Japan who are targets - particularly Taiwan.

U.S. has weapons that can turn China's entire surface Navy into a floating debris field within minutes.

> Since Aussies are pals and trade with all three, we are being seriously threatened for even hinting that we may assist them.
> Numerous agricultural industries here are no longer able to export to China - a few have been wiped out.
> All tourism and 250K uni students will stop soon.
>
> Coal and iron ore are next.

Australia is going to have to adapt.

> .... Phil

Phil Allison

Sep 16, 2021, 8:20:09 AM9/16/21
Fred Bloggs wrote:
==================

> > > China really doesn't have a Navy that can compete with western powers
> > ** Sure, but they are not stationed anywhere near.
> > It's Taiwan, South Korea and Japan who are targets - particularly Taiwan

> U.S. has weapons that can turn China's entire surface Navy into a floating debris field within minutes.

** So what ?

> > Since Aussies are pals and trade with all three, we are being seriously threatened for even hinting that we may assist them.
> > Numerous agricultural industries here are no longer able to export to China - a few have been wiped out.
> > All tourism and 250K uni students will stop soon.
> >
> > Coal and iron ore are next.
>
> Australia is going to have to adapt.

** To what exactly - being invaded ?

Vague BS is all you have - f uckwit.

...... Phil

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 9:09:19 AM9/16/21
You seriously think Australia is in danger of being invaded by China, or anyone else??? LOL- you're a halfwit mental case.

> ...... Phil

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 16, 2021, 9:24:47 AM9/16/21
Phil Allison <palli...@gmail.com> wrote in

> Phil Allison wrote:
> =================
> Mad Bill wrote
> --------------------------
>> > Australia is buying French submarines to be built in Australia
>>
>> ** Not any more - that deal has been scrapped.
>>
>>> Been all over the news, since early this morning.
>>
>> A number of nuclear subs to be built with cruise missiles, the US
>> Tomahawk " anti ship" is on offer. Previously hidden tech to be
>> shared. Construction will be Australian, in SA as usual.
>> Deal simultaneously announced by Aussie PM Morrison, USA Pres
>> Biden and UK PM Johnson .
>>
>> Very big, historical in fact.

snip

"Nuclear subs" does not mean nuclear armaments, it refers to the
powerplant.

DecadentLinux...@decadence.org

Sep 16, 2021, 9:26:30 AM9/16/21
Phil Allison <palli...@gmail.com> wrote in news:8cad2958-ecdd-48a9-
91d3-d39f...@googlegroups.com:

> ** Well of course ............
> Tomahawk cruise missiles are purely "conventional".
> Aren't they ??.

The ones we sell to Australia and other allies are.

You can bet that.

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 16, 2021, 9:30:38 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 8:14:51 PM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Phil Allison wrote:
> =================
> Mad Bill wrote
> --------------------------
> > > Australia is buying French submarines to be built in Australia ...
> >
> > ** Not any more - that deal has been scrapped.

Which is going to cost us billions - you can't back out of deal like that without paying a lot in compensation

> >> Been all over the news, since early this morning.

It wasn't in the newspaper this morning, but it was on the TV news tonight.

> > A number of nuclear subs to be built with cruise missiles, the US Tomahawk " anti ship" is on offer.
> > Previously hidden tech to be shared.
> > Construction will be Australian, in SA as usual.
> > Deal simultaneously announced by Aussie PM Morrison, USA Pres Biden and UK PM Johnson .
> >
> > Very big, historical in fact.

Scott Morrison - frequently known as Scotty from Marketing - wants to to win the next election, which is coming up soon. He hasn't had a good pandemic, and a big deal giving the navy the nuclear submarines it wants may be his ticket to victory.

I hope the electorate isn't that gullible.

The twelve French submarines were looking as if they'd end up costing us $A90 billion. The nuclear submarines seem unlikely to be any cheaper.

Tooling up to look after their nuclear reactors isn't going to be cheap either. Australia has just one nuclear reactor - at Lucas Heights, just south of Sydney, which is a research reactor, used for all sorts of stuff - including making short-lived isotope for medical work. It's also set up for neutron diffraction with a French imaging neutron detector which is essentially a copy of a 1980s French one-off system at Grenoble, which they are looking to upgrade.

Not a great basis for looking after a bunch submrarine reactors.

> ** See vid that will annoy Mad Bill sooooo much:

It probably would if I bothered to watch it

> Former Australian PM, Tony Abbot being interviewed buy his former "girl friday ", Peta Credlin - both conservatives of course.

Of the dimmer kind. Tony Abbot lost the leadership of his party - and the Prime Minstership - because he wasn't up to the job. Petra Credlin's performance as his chief of staff hadn't won him any friends, either. Even the other coservatives realised that he was dim twit.

> ( It's so cute when she calls him "boss" ! )

Snipped the rubbish from Sky News, Australia. It's owned by Rupert Murdoch, and seems to be as bad as Fox News in the US.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

bitrex

Sep 16, 2021, 12:31:11 PM9/16/21
Taiwan is a Maltese falcon, it's the source of a lot of drama but at the
end of the day China doesn't really want to incur the potential costs of
actually invading it, and the West doesn't really want to incur the
potential costs of actually defending it.

Phil Allison

Sep 16, 2021, 5:36:17 PM9/16/21
Fred Bloggs wrote:
==================

> > > Australia is going to have to adapt.
>
> > ** To what exactly - being invaded ?
> >
> > Vague BS is all you have - fuckwit.
>
> You seriously think Australia is in danger of being invaded by China,

** Not yet - but YOU need to answer MY question.

Instead of answering your own bullshit ones.

... Phil

John Robertson

Sep 16, 2021, 5:46:26 PM9/16/21
We have coal and iron for international sale here in Canada - it won't
be as subsidized as the Chinese, but then we won't be trying to take
over your country either!

John :-#)#

Phil Allison

Sep 16, 2021, 5:47:16 PM9/16/21
bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> =================
> > Mad Bill wrote
> > --------------------------
> > >
> > > ** Not any more - that deal has been scrapped.
>
> Which is going to cost us billions

** About $400m in compensation.

$6bn has already be *wasted* on the Frog deal.

> It wasn't in the newspaper this morning, but it was on the TV news tonight.

** Was first announced on ABC radio news at midnight and again each news break since.
All over Google News and u-tube that day and since.

> > > A number of nuclear subs to be built with cruise missiles, the US Tomahawk " anti ship" is on offer.
> > > Previously hidden tech to be shared.
> > > Construction will be Australian, in SA as usual.
> > > Deal simultaneously announced by Aussie PM Morrison, USA Pres Biden and UK PM Johnson .
> > >
> > > Very big, historical in fact.

> The twelve French submarines were looking as if they'd end up costing us $A90 billion.
> The nuclear submarines seem unlikely to be any cheaper.

** But will be way more useful and the overall deal comes with huge advantages.

> Not a great basis for looking after a bunch submrarine reactors.

** The reactors will come with a lifetime fuel load, no local industry required.

> > ** See vid that will annoy Mad Bill sooooo much:

> It probably would if I bothered to watch it

** Bill really does have his head shoved right up his arse.

Rest of his mindless, autistic crap sniped.

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 16, 2021, 11:28:51 PM9/16/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 7:47:16 AM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> bill....@ieee.org wrote:

<snip>

> > The twelve French submarines were looking as if they'd end up costing us $A90 billion.
> > The nuclear submarines seem unlikely to be any cheaper.
>
> ** But will be way more useful and the overall deal comes with huge advantages.

Apart from the fact that we will be stuck with the Collin's class submarines as only submarines for even longer.

> > Not a great basis for looking after a bunch submarine reactors.
>
> ** The reactors will come with a lifetime fuel load, no local industry required.

That may be what Morrison was told. He may even believe it.

My guess is that the actual long-term plan is to go with

https://hb11.energy/

who are working up Heinrich Hora's boron-hydrogen fusion scheme, which could fit inside a submarine - if it can ever be made to work at all - and fit that inside the nuclear submarine hulls that we will put together in South Australia. Boron-hydrogen fusion doesn't produce neutrons which is handy in a submarine that you don't want people to detect, and Heinrich Hora has a scheme to get high-voltage electricity directly from the reactor rather than extracting the power generated as heat and using that to boil water to spin turbines, which would mean that there was a whole lot less waste heat to be got rid of, which is also handy in a submarine that you don't want people to detect.

I doubt if anybody has bothered to tell Scott Morrison about this - he's not all that clever, and we'd prefer to keep it from the Brits and the Yanks until we've got the submarine hulls. Happily, nobody is going to take me seriously, so I don't have to worry about the security services going nuts.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 1:56:08 AM9/17/21
bill....@ieee.org wrote:
=================

> <snip>

> > > The twelve French submarines were looking as if they'd end up costing us $A90 billion.
> > > The nuclear submarines seem unlikely to be any cheaper.
> >
> > ** But will be way more useful and the overall deal comes with huge advantages.

> Apart from the fact that we will be stuck with the Collin's class submarines as only submarines for even longer.

** Nonsense.
Bill just makes stuff up when he has no case - which is always.

Fucking human ostrich.

> > > Not a great basis for looking after a bunch submarine reactors.
> >
> > ** The reactors will come with a lifetime fuel load, no local industry required.

> That may be what Morrison was told.

** There 20 such subs ( US Virginia Class) in the water right now.
All we will do is build a few more.
The reactors and complete and tested weapon systems already exist.

...... Phil

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 2:47:28 AM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 3:56:08 PM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> =================
> > <snip>

> > > ** But will be way more useful and the overall deal comes with huge advantages.
>
> > Apart from the fact that we will be stuck with the Collin's class submarines as our only submarines for even longer.
>
> ** Nonsense.
> Bill just makes stuff up when he has no case - which is always.

Phil is generalising from his own habits.

> Fucking human ostrich.
> > >
> > > ** The reactors will come with a lifetime fuel load, no local industry required.
>
> > That may be what Morrison was told.
>
> ** There 20 such subs ( US Virginia Class) in the water right now.

So what?

> All we will do is build a few more.
> The reactors and complete and tested weapon systems already exist.

But for Morrison to win the next election he has to promise that we will put them together in South Australia, no matter how slow and expensive that turns out to be.

Replacing the nuclear fission power plants with boron-hydrogen nuclear fusion plants would add to the local content, if Heinrich Hora can ever get it to work.

https://hb11.energy/

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 3:06:58 AM9/17/21
bill....@ieee.org wrote:
==================

> > > Apart from the fact that we will be stuck with the Collin's class submarines as our only submarines for even longer.
> >
> > ** Nonsense.
> > Bill just makes stuff up when he has no case - which is always.
> > Fucking human ostrich.

> > > That may be what Morrison was told.
> >
> > ** There 20 such subs ( US Virginia Class) in the water right now.
>
> So what?

** So it is a proven design - fuckwit.

> > All we will do is build a few more.
> > The reactors and complete and tested weapon systems already exist.
>
> Replacing the nuclear fission power plants with boron-hydrogen nuclear fusion plants

** Yawnnnnn - massive, desperate context shift.

Bill just makes this shit up when he has no case - which is always.

... Phil

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 3:46:34 AM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 5:06:58 PM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> ==================

> > > ** Nonsense.
> > > Bill just makes stuff up when he has no case - which is always.

Phil is generalising from his own habits which I pointed out before, and he snipped, without marking the snip.

> > > Fucking human ostrich.

Phil does like that idea. He's kind of bird-brain that takes Sky New - Murdoch's version of Fox News in Australia - seriously, so what he is actually saying is that ignore the nonsense that he laps up.

> > > ** There 20 such subs ( US Virginia Class) in the water right now.
> >
> > So what?
>
> ** So it is a proven design - fuckwit.

The word you are looking for is "obsolescent".

> > > All we will do is build a few more.
> > > The reactors and complete and tested weapon systems already exist.

But for Morrison to win the next election he has to promise that we will put them together in South Australia, no matter how slow and expensive that turns out to be, which is another line that Phil snipped.

> > Replacing the nuclear fission power plants with boron-hydrogen nuclear fusion plants.
>
> ** Yawnnnnn - massive, desperate context shift.

Phil didn't think of it, so he's envious. and he snipped the link to the real project.

https://hb11.energy/

> Bill just makes this shit up when he has no case - which is always.

It's kind of hard to make up somebody else's web-site. Phil didn't want to think about it, so he snipped that too.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 3:56:01 AM9/17/21
bill....@ieee.org wrote:
===================

The IEEE need to hear about what this demented POS is up to.
Very embarrassing for them he is still on the NSW committee.

> > > So what?
> >
> > ** So it is a proven design - fuckwit.
>
> The word you are looking for is "obsolescent".

** ?????????????????????

What absolutely insane crap !!!!!

The 20 subs are all quite new, with latest tech - you lying POS cunt.

...... Phil

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 4:17:49 AM9/17/21
I've worked with advanced technology. You clearly haven't. If it works, it's obsolete.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

bitrex

Sep 17, 2021, 10:01:34 AM9/17/21
Australia doesn't have to build copies of the Virginia class AFAIK it
can build the UK's Astute class which might be a more appropriate-sized
sub, the Virginia class is a big fatty designed to be serviced at Cold
War-era US sub bases sized to handle them and roam all over the planet,
Australia's probably not sending its subs to the North Pole or wandering
around off the coast of New York City on the regular.

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 4:54:02 PM9/17/21
bitrex wrote:
=========== >

> Australia doesn't have to build copies of the Virginia class AFAIK it
> can build the UK's Astute class which might be a more appropriate-sized
> sub, the Virginia class is a big fatty

** The Astute actually fatter: 37 ft v 34ft beam .
The Virginia is longer: 377 v 318 ft.

Rest of your made up drivel snipped.

..... Phil

John S

Sep 17, 2021, 8:34:50 PM9/17/21
On 9/16/2021 4:47 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
> bill....@ieee.org wrote:
>> =================
>>> Mad Bill wrote
>>> --------------------------

>> Which is going to cost us billions
>
> ** About $400m in compensation.
>
> $6bn has already be *wasted* on the Frog deal.

>> It wasn't in the newspaper this morning, but it was on the TV news tonight.
>
> ** Was first announced on ABC radio news at midnight and again each news break since.
> All over Google News and u-tube that day and since.

>> The twelve French submarines were looking as if they'd end up costing us $A90 billion.
>> The nuclear submarines seem unlikely to be any cheaper.
>
> ** But will be way more useful and the overall deal comes with huge advantages.

I think I saw something that said the French subs were going to be
diesel! For $A90b they should have gold-plated reactors instead.

bitrex

Sep 17, 2021, 10:18:40 PM9/17/21
Oh my bad, I'm accustomed to measuring how "fat" an American is by
finding an Australian and having them sit on him.

bitrex

Sep 17, 2021, 11:02:24 PM9/17/21
On 9/17/2021 3:06 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
> bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> ==================

>>> ** Nonsense.
>>> Bill just makes stuff up when he has no case - which is always.
>>> Fucking human ostrich.

>>> ** There 20 such subs ( US Virginia Class) in the water right now.
>>
>> So what?
>
> ** So it is a proven design - fuckwit.

Kinda, it was designed a as a cost-reduced alternative to the very
sophisticated but very expensive Seawolf-class after that project was
cut short at the end of the Cold War, it did this by using more
off-the-shelf hardware which did cut costs but the results have been mixed:

<https://www.businessinsider.com/navy-says-parts-on-attack-submarines-failing-sooner-than-expected-2021-6>

bitrex

Sep 17, 2021, 11:15:47 PM9/17/21
The Seawolf class is still the baddest-ass Tomahawk-carrier around and
is pretty proven design at this point after 20+ years in service, if
they're only going to have 8 subs and spend a shit load of money like
$90 billion Australian why not have the best. I expect General Dynamics
would be happy to sell some and probably still have some parts laying
around.

Phil Allison

Sep 17, 2021, 11:26:29 PM9/17/21
bitrex the Pig Ignorant Septic Asshole wrote:

====================================

> The Seawolf class is still the baddest-ass Tomahawk-carrier around and
> is pretty proven design at this point after 20+ years in service,

** So is now obsolete .....

> they're only going to have 8 subs and spend a shit load of money like
> $90 billion Australian why not have the best.

** Obsolete is not best.

> I expect General Dynamics would be happy to sell some

** Australia has NO intention of buying subs, cos it's building them.

...... Phil

bitrex

Sep 17, 2021, 11:47:07 PM9/17/21
Do you think the US companies who designed whatever sub it is, and will
be providing the logistical and technical support for the build are
perhaps going to want some money out of that process somewhere along the
way?

Or do they have a whole crew of experienced nuclear submarine
shipbuilders down there that can work from some plans in PDF format the
US government sends in an email? Fuck me pal, you're as big a
figure-of-speech autist as Larkin.

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 11:47:46 PM9/17/21
Not exactly. This is a stunt designed to give Scott Morrison a chance to win the next election. Part of the prescription is a scheme to let businesses in South Australia hire a lot of workers to do enough of the assembly work on the submarines to make a visible difference to the local economy. They aren't going to do the whole job or anything like it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Rick C

Sep 17, 2021, 11:59:15 PM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 11:26:29 PM UTC-4, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> bitrex the Pig Ignorant Septic Asshole wrote:

What the fuck is wrong with this person's brain? I'm sure everyone in this group knows exactly what I'm talking about other than the demented one himself.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

bitrex

Sep 18, 2021, 12:07:22 AM9/18/21
On 9/17/2021 11:26 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
PS: Try not to lose your one complimentary set of Virginia class-rated
imperial socket wrenches while you're at it. There will be an $8000 fee
for each replacement. Welcome to Team USA, bitch

Phil Allison

Sep 18, 2021, 12:19:02 AM9/18/21
bitrex the Pig Ignorant Septic Asshole wrote:
====================================

> >> The Seawolf class is still the baddest-ass Tomahawk-carrier around and
> >> is pretty proven design at this point after 20+ years in service,
> >
> > ** So is now obsolete .....
> >
> >> they're only going to have 8 subs and spend a shit load of money like
> >> $90 billion Australian why not have the best.
> >
> > ** Obsolete is not best.
> >
> >> I expect General Dynamics would be happy to sell some
> >
> > ** Australia has NO intention of buying subs, cos it's building them.
> >

> Do you think the US companies who designed whatever sub it is, and will
> be providing the logistical and technical support for the build are
> perhaps going to want some money out of that process somewhere along the
> way?

** Errrr - no.

> Or do they have a whole crew of experienced nuclear submarine
> shipbuilders down there that can work from some plans in PDF format the
> US government sends in an email? Fuck me pal, you're as big a
> figure-of-speech autist as Larkin.

** So nice of "bitrex" to supply answers to his own dumb questions.

Same they are dumb too....

.... Phil

bitrex

Sep 18, 2021, 12:25:47 AM9/18/21
Gosh, I hope they include a tech support phone number at least. Maybe
they'll have to come on SED if they get stuck.

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 18, 2021, 12:31:21 AM9/18/21
On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 2:19:02 PM UTC+10, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> bitrex wrote:

<snip>

> > > ** Australia has NO intention of buying subs, cos it's building them.
> > >
> > Do you think the US companies who designed whatever sub it is, and will be providing the logistical and technical support for the build are perhaps going to want some money out of that process somewhere along the way?
>
> ** Errrr - no.

Phil isn't usually this stupid.

> > Or do they have a whole crew of experienced nuclear submarine shipbuilders down there that can work from some plans in PDF format the US government sends in an email? Fuck me pal, you're as big a figure-of-speech autist as Larkin.
>
> ** So nice of "bitrex" to supply answers to his own dumb questions.

There aren't any experienced nuclear submarine ship builders in South Australia. Nobody in Australia has ever built a nuclear submarine.

The proposition seems to be that Australian would buy the nuclear reactor as a working unit, but issues like neutron embrittlement make installing it in a hull potentially tricky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_embrittlement

Phil is ignorant enough not to know about this kind of thing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

bitrex

Sep 18, 2021, 12:31:41 AM9/18/21

bitrex

Sep 18, 2021, 12:37:04 AM9/18/21
A more recent story:

<https://www.barrons.com/articles/u-s-u-k-defense-stocks-will-benefit-from-australian-submarine-deal-51631802997>

If they're not going to be taking a cut then their stocks wouldn't be
set to bump, they haven't moved yet because there's still a long period
of study to determine what design and capabilities they'll actually select.

Phil Allison

Sep 18, 2021, 12:53:44 AM9/18/21
Demented Asshole Bill Never Gives Up
===========================

> There aren't any experienced nuclear submarine ship builders in South Australia.

** We have many very experienced, sub builders in SA.

> Nobody in Australia has ever built a nuclear submarine.

** Not an obstacle.

> The proposition seems to be that Australian would buy the nuclear reactor as a working unit,
> but issues like neutron embrittlement make installing it in a hull potentially tricky

** Absurd drivel from a rambling dementia sufferer.

..... Phil

Phil Allison

Sep 18, 2021, 1:12:01 AM9/18/21
gnuarm.del...@gmail.com wrote:

> > bitrex the Pig Ignorant Septic Asshole wrote:
>
> What the fuck is wrong with this person's brain?

** The same thing that is wrong with yours - fuckhead.
You and " bitrex" are the two worst TROLLs on this NG.

Monstrous narcissists, giant egomaniacs and ASD fucked from birth.
Ever thought of becoming Scientologists ?

You are both naturals for joining that insanity too.

...... Phil