China’s most famous defector to America warned US intelligence agencies of coronavirus in 2019

Fred Bloggs

Sep 14, 2021, 2:59:03 PM9/14/21
More evidence mounting supporting the boundless incompetence of the Trump administration. Goes to show what happens when executive leadership is 100% political and 0% capable.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/14/chinese-defector-warned-us-intelligence-of-covid-19-in-2019/

That stuff about workers at the Wuhan lab becoming ill in November 2019 is nearly irrelevant. By that time probably a million people in Wuhan were infected- DUH!

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 14, 2021, 11:14:28 PM9/14/21
Not what people who know what they are talking about think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Wenliang

got worried about it on the 30th December 2019.

The first known case - confirmed retrospectivly - was admitted to hospital on the 1st December 2019. Clearly something very similar - but a whole lot less lethal and infectious - was circulating before that. What a Chineses defector might have claimed to have known about the disease before then probably owes more to the attention he is seeking to get than any kind of reliable knowledge.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Fred Bloggs

Sep 15, 2021, 10:53:45 AM9/15/21
On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:14:28 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4:59:03 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > More evidence mounting supporting the boundless incompetence of the Trump administration. Goes to show what happens when executive leadership is 100% political and 0% capable.
> >
> > https://nypost.com/2021/09/14/chinese-defector-warned-us-intelligence-of-covid-19-in-2019/
> >

> > That stuff about workers at the Wuhan lab becoming ill in November 2019 is nearly irrelevant. By that time probably a million people in Wuhan were infected- DUH!
> Not what people who know what they are talking about think.

That's your opinion.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Wenliang

That article is more or less anecdotal observations of a practitioner. It is not an epidemiological study.

> got worried about it on the 30th December 2019.
>
> The first known case - confirmed retrospectivly - was admitted to hospital on the 1st December 2019. Clearly something very similar - but a whole lot less lethal and infectious - was circulating before that. What a Chineses defector might have claimed to have known about the disease before then probably owes more to the attention he is seeking to get than any kind of reliable knowledge.

It was in US early 12/2019.

The very original strain was more or less innocuous like they know coronavirus to be. But with millions of people and enough time, a lethal variant emerged in November. The defector story is right, the virus was circulating as early as September/ October.
With all the infections circulating, you're bound to get Wuhan lab workers come down with it. So that little factoid is not probative of an escape. If any real scientific evidence of an escape does appear, it will because of an American setup.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 15, 2021, 11:50:54 AM9/15/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 12:53:45 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 11:14:28 PM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> > On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4:59:03 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> > > More evidence mounting supporting the boundless incompetence of the Trump administration. Goes to show what happens when executive leadership is 100% political and 0% capable.
> > >
> > > https://nypost.com/2021/09/14/chinese-defector-warned-us-intelligence-of-covid-19-in-2019/
> > >
> > > That stuff about workers at the Wuhan lab becoming ill in November 2019 is nearly irrelevant. By that time probably a million people in Wuhan were infected- DUH!
>
> > Not what people who know what they are talking about think.
>
> That's your opinion.

But you haven't cited any plausible counter opinion. What a Chinese defector might have thought about respiratory infection statistics in Wuhan in November 2019 isn't all that persuasive.

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Wenliang
> >
> > got worried about it on the 30th December 2019.
>
> That article is more or less anecdotal observations of a practitioner. It is not an epidemiological study.

Obviously. And nobody seems to have been doing any kind of epidemiological study of the Wuhan cases at that point. Since the genome of Covid-19 was first published on the 11th/12th January 2020, they did get going very quickly once the penny dropped, which does seem to have happened on the 31st December 2020.

> > The first known case - confirmed retrospectively - was admitted to hospital on the 1st December 2019. Clearly something very similar - but a whole lot less lethal and infectious - was circulating before that. What a Chineses defector might have claimed to have known about the disease before then probably owes more to the attention he is seeking to get than any kind of reliable knowledge.
>
> It was in US early 12/2019.

Evidence? I never seen that claim made anywhere where anybody sane would take it seriously.

> The very original strain was more or less innocuous like they know coronavirus to be.

The very original strain is the one still circulating in bats. it had to move on a lot before it could infect humans to any significant extent.

> But with millions of people and enough time, a lethal variant emerged in November.

There certainly weren't millions of people infected by any immediate precursor of Covid-19. The crucial mutation was probably the one that made it infectious enough to get its R value a bit over one, so it could infect a lot of people.

> The defector story is right, the virus was circulating as early as September/ October.

The first recorded case wasn't recorded until the 1st December 2020. What it might have evolved from would be interesting but we have absolutely no way of finding that out in any detail.

> With all the infections circulating, you're bound to get Wuhan lab workers come down with it.

Except that whatever it was that was circulating probably wasn't all that infectious, and there wouldn't have been much of it around until the crucial mutation popped up.

> So that little factoid is not probative of an escape. If any real scientific evidence of an escape does appear, it will because of an American setup.

I presume you means somebody in America might generate some faked up "evidence", rather like the stories your defector seems to have concocted.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 6:17:50 AM9/16/21
On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 11:50:54 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 12:53:45 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > Not what people who know what they are talking about think.
> >
> > That's your opinion.
> But you haven't cited any plausible counter opinion. What a Chinese defector might have thought about respiratory infection statistics in Wuhan in November 2019 isn't all that persuasive.
>
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Wenliang
> > >
> > > got worried about it on the 30th December 2019.
> >
> > That article is more or less anecdotal observations of a practitioner. It is not an epidemiological study.
> Obviously. And nobody seems to have been doing any kind of epidemiological study of the Wuhan cases at that point. Since the genome of Covid-19 was first published on the 11th/12th January 2020, they did get going very quickly once the penny dropped, which does seem to have happened on the 31st December 2020.
>
> > > The first known case - confirmed retrospectively - was admitted to hospital on the 1st December 2019. Clearly something very similar - but a whole lot less lethal and infectious - was circulating before that. What a Chineses defector might have claimed to have known about the disease before then probably owes more to the attention he is seeking to get than any kind of reliable knowledge.
> >
> > It was in US early 12/2019.
> Evidence? I never seen that claim made anywhere where anybody sane would take it seriously.

It's from a woman who died in Washington state. You're just not paying attention.

> > The very original strain was more or less innocuous like they know coronavirus to be.
> The very original strain is the one still circulating in bats. it had to move on a lot before it could infect humans to any significant extent.

Not at all- there are several known to infect humans but they were mild infections.

> > But with millions of people and enough time, a lethal variant emerged in November.
> There certainly weren't millions of people infected by any immediate precursor of Covid-19. The crucial mutation was probably the one that made it infectious enough to get its R value a bit over one, so it could infect a lot of people.
> > The defector story is right, the virus was circulating as early as September/ October.
> The first recorded case wasn't recorded until the 1st December 2020. What it might have evolved from would be interesting but we have absolutely no way of finding that out in any detail.
> > With all the infections circulating, you're bound to get Wuhan lab workers come down with it.
> Except that whatever it was that was circulating probably wasn't all that infectious, and there wouldn't have been much of it around until the crucial mutation popped up.
> > So that little factoid is not probative of an escape. If any real scientific evidence of an escape does appear, it will because of an American setup.
> I presume you means somebody in America might generate some faked up "evidence", rather like the stories your defector seems to have concocted.

UNC was sending WIV samples of their engineered virus. That's pretty close to a setup.

You're obvioulsy falling way behind on the information you need to know.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 16, 2021, 10:24:02 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 8:17:50 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 11:50:54 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > That's your opinion.
> > But you haven't cited any plausible counter opinion. What a Chinese defector might have thought about respiratory infection statistics in Wuhan in November 2019 isn't all that persuasive.

> > > That article is more or less anecdotal observations of a practitioner. It is not an epidemiological study.
> > Obviously. And nobody seems to have been doing any kind of epidemiological study of the Wuhan cases at that point. Since the genome of Covid-19 was first published on the 11th/12th January 2020, they did get going very quickly once the penny dropped, which does seem to have happened on the 31st December 2020.

> > > It was in US early 12/2019.
>
> > Evidence? I never seen that claim made anywhere where anybody sane would take it seriously.

> It's from a woman who died in Washington state. You're just not paying attention.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/23/us/california-woman-first-coronavirus-death/index.html

She died on on the 6th February 2020. Whatever it is that I'm not paying attention to probably doesn't exist - you won't be able to find it, or will realise when you do find it that doesn't say what you thought that it did. So you'll tell me that you won't do my research for me, which is what you do whenever you post nonsense and can't back it up

> > > The very original strain was more or less innocuous like they know coronavirus to be.
> >
> > The very original strain is the one still circulating in bats. it had to move on a lot before it could infect humans to any significant extent.
>
> Not at all - there are several known to infect humans but they were mild infections.

The story I recall was that some people had antibodies to the bat virus, but you don't have to get infected to develop antibodies. As a kid I had hay fever, and had antibodies to a bunch of different pollens. Pollen doesn't infect anybody.

> > > But with millions of people and enough time, a lethal variant emerged in November.
>
> > There certainly weren't millions of people infected by any immediate precursor of Covid-19. The crucial mutation was probably the one that made it infectious enough to get its R value a bit over one, so it could infect a lot of people.
> >
> > > The defector story is right, the virus was circulating as early as September/ October.
> >
> > The first recorded case wasn't recorded until the 1st December 2020. What it might have evolved from would be interesting but we have absolutely no way of finding that out in any detail.
> >
> > > With all the infections circulating, you're bound to get Wuhan lab workers come down with it.
> >
> > Except that whatever it was that was circulating probably wasn't all that infectious, and there wouldn't have been much of it around until the crucial mutation popped up.
> >
> > > So that little factoid is not probative of an escape. If any real scientific evidence of an escape does appear, it will because of an American setup.
> >
> > I presume you means somebody in America might generate some faked up "evidence", rather like the stories your defector seems to have concocted.
>
> UNC was sending WIV samples of their engineered virus. That's pretty close to a setup.

If it looked anything like Covid-19. The University of North Carolina will have documented the genome.

> You're obviously falling way behind on the information you need to know.

Whereas you have all kinds of information that nobody needs to know because most of it is actually wrong.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 11:21:32 AM9/16/21
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 10:24:02 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 8:17:50 PM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:

> > > But you haven't cited any plausible counter opinion. What a Chinese defector might have thought about respiratory infection statistics in Wuhan in November 2019 isn't all that persuasive.

> > > Obviously. And nobody seems to have been doing any kind of epidemiological study of the Wuhan cases at that point. Since the genome of Covid-19 was first published on the 11th/12th January 2020, they did get going very quickly once the penny dropped, which does seem to have happened on the 31st December 2020.

> > > Evidence? I never seen that claim made anywhere where anybody sane would take it seriously.
>
> > It's from a woman who died in Washington state. You're just not paying attention.
> https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/23/us/california-woman-first-coronavirus-death/index.html
>
> She died on on the 6th February 2020. Whatever it is that I'm not paying attention to probably doesn't exist - you won't be able to find it, or will realise when you do find it that doesn't say what you thought that it did. So you'll tell me that you won't do my research for me, which is what you do whenever you post nonsense and can't back it up

You're looking at wrong story. The first victim was in Washington state.

> > > The very original strain is the one still circulating in bats. it had to move on a lot before it could infect humans to any significant extent.
> >
> > Not at all - there are several known to infect humans but they were mild infections.
>
> The story I recall was that some people had antibodies to the bat virus, but you don't have to get infected to develop antibodies. As a kid I had hay fever, and had antibodies to a bunch of different pollens. Pollen doesn't infect anybody.

There are three or four well known strains of coronavirus know to infect humans for over 50 years. They symptoms are very mild and so they're considered harmless. Thos coronavirus strains are genetically far removed from COVID.

> > > There certainly weren't millions of people infected by any immediate precursor of Covid-19. The crucial mutation was probably the one that made it infectious enough to get its R value a bit over one, so it could infect a lot of people.

> > > The first recorded case wasn't recorded until the 1st December 2020. What it might have evolved from would be interesting but we have absolutely no way of finding that out in any detail.

> > > Except that whatever it was that was circulating probably wasn't all that infectious, and there wouldn't have been much of it around until the crucial mutation popped up.

> > > I presume you means somebody in America might generate some faked up "evidence", rather like the stories your defector seems to have concocted.
> >
> > UNC was sending WIV samples of their engineered virus. That's pretty close to a setup.
> If it looked anything like Covid-19. The University of North Carolina will have documented the genome.
>
> > You're obviously falling way behind on the information you need to know.
>
> Whereas you have all kinds of information that nobody needs to know because most of it is actually wrong.

The only person consistently wrong here, as in incredibly ignorant, is you.

Sounds more and more like you have that mental illness wherein you imagine your life to be under constant scrutiny by a television documentary crew.

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 16, 2021, 11:50:10 AM9/16/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 1:21:32 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 10:24:02 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

<snip>

> > > It's from a woman who died in Washington state. You're just not paying attention.
> >
> > https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/23/us/california-woman-first-coronavirus-death/index.html
> >
> > She died on on the 6th February 2020. Whatever it is that I'm not paying attention to probably doesn't exist - you won't be able to find it, or will realise when you do find it that doesn't say what you thought that it did. So you'll tell me that you won't do my research for me, which is what you do whenever you post nonsense and can't back it up
>
> You're looking at wrong story. The first victim was in Washington state.

But you can't post a link to the "evidence" that persuaded you of this.

> > > Not at all - there are several known to infect humans but they were mild infections.
> >
> > The story I recall was that some people had antibodies to the bat virus, but you don't have to get infected to develop antibodies. As a kid I had hay fever, and had antibodies to a bunch of different pollens. Pollen doesn't infect anybody.
>
> There are three or four well known strains of coronavirus know to infect humans for over 50 years. They symptoms are very mild and so they're considered harmless. Those coronavirus strains are genetically far removed from Covid-19.

And totally irrelevant to this discussion. 25% of "common cold" infections are due to a bunch of strains of a corona virus. This is well known.

> > > UNC was sending WIV samples of their engineered virus. That's pretty close to a setup.
>
> > If it looked anything like Covid-19. The University of North Carolina will have documented the genome.
> >
> > > You're obviously falling way behind on the information you need to know.
> >
> > Whereas you have all kinds of information that nobody needs to know because most of it is actually wrong.
>
> The only person consistently wrong here, as in incredibly ignorant, is you.

You and Flyguy do like to claim that. You are the twit that thinks that "highly conserved" means "doesn't mutate".

> Sounds more and more like you have that mental illness wherein you imagine your life to be under constant scrutiny by a television documentary crew.

Whereas you just sound like you are bat-shit crazy. Have you ever seen a television documentary crew in action? They do take up a lot of space.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Fred Bloggs

Sep 16, 2021, 12:21:46 PM9/16/21
Can you speak a little louder for the microphone?

> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Flyguy

Sep 17, 2021, 1:22:08 AM9/17/21
Trump shut down travel from China AGAINST ALL the advice from his people. The fact is no one (except the Chicoms) knew who serious the Wuhan virus was at the time - certainly not the Dims who told us to keep on operating as normal. Biden accused Trump of being xenophobic and racist at the time.

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 4:09:53 AM9/17/21
Which is to say his motives were entirely racist. The fact that he didn't shut down travel from Europe early enough to do any good makes the point blindingly obvious - probably not obvious enough to register with you, but you are an idiot. He did the right thing, but for quite the wrong reason.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Anthony William Sloman

Sep 17, 2021, 4:15:21 AM9/17/21
On Friday, September 17, 2021 at 2:21:46 AM UTC+10, Fred Bloggs wrote:
> On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 11:50:10 AM UTC-4, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

<snip>

> > > The only person consistently wrong here, as in incredibly ignorant, is you.
> >
> > You and Flyguy do like to claim that. You are the twit that thinks that "highly conserved" means "doesn't mutate".
> >
> > > Sounds more and more like you have that mental illness wherein you imagine your life to be under constant scrutiny by a television documentary crew.
> >
> > Whereas you just sound like you are bat-shit crazy. Have you ever seen a television documentary crew in action? They do take up a lot of space.
>
> Can you speak a little louder for the microphone?

This is a text-only forum. The guy lugging the camera around probably wouldn't bother even trying to get an image of the screen, even if he existed.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney