Help ID'ing a connector

David Lesher

Jul 10, 2023, 10:51:34 AM7/10/23
These are used in a Pickman, a Chinese 72V electric utility vehicle.
They look very familiar but I've never placed a name to them.
Any suggestions?

http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1385.jpg
http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1386.jpg
--
A host is a host from coast to coast...............wb8foz@panix.com

Don Y

Jul 10, 2023, 3:13:21 PM7/10/23
On 7/10/2023 7:51 AM, David Lesher wrote:
> These are used in a Pickman, a Chinese 72V electric utility vehicle.
> They look very familiar but I've never placed a name to them.
> Any suggestions?
>
> http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1385.jpg
> http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1386.jpg

Perhaps *replace* with Anderson connectors? (though I don't
know if they make any with more than two conductors)

David Lesher

Jul 10, 2023, 11:23:58 PM7/10/23
It would require a lot of disassembly to get in to replace them.
If we could just mate them to others. it would be trivial.

Don Y

Jul 11, 2023, 12:26:37 AM7/11/23
On 7/10/2023 8:23 PM, David Lesher wrote:
> Don Y <blocked...@foo.invalid> writes:
>
>> On 7/10/2023 7:51 AM, David Lesher wrote:
>>> These are used in a Pickman, a Chinese 72V electric utility vehicle.
>>> They look very familiar but I've never placed a name to them.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1385.jpg
>>> http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1386.jpg
>
>> Perhaps *replace* with Anderson connectors? (though I don't
>> know if they make any with more than two conductors)
>
> It would require a lot of disassembly to get in to replace them.
> If we could just mate them to others. it would be trivial.

Anything automotive (or "big quantity", otherwise) leaves
you vulnerable to "house parts"... things that you may not be able
to purchase elsewhere.

Can you contact a dealer (or aftermarket supplier) and try to
buy a "connector for the XYZ in a Pickman SUV"?

I needed a switch that would fill a *blank* on the car
(so I could add a feature without making it cosmetically
"foreign" to the vehicle). I researched the various types of
switches that would fit the specially shaped blank and
then bought from "spare parts" at the dealership. Insanely
more expensive than a regular switch would have been *but*
no cost involved in trying to make it appear natural!

If it's a one-off and this approach DOESN'T work, you might
consider destroying the plastic shell and connecting to the
pins directly (as if wire extensions) rather than trying to
completely replace the connector.

Clive Arthur

Jul 11, 2023, 5:11:36 AM7/11/23
On 10/07/2023 15:51, David Lesher wrote:
> These are used in a Pickman, a Chinese 72V electric utility vehicle.
> They look very familiar but I've never placed a name to them.
> Any suggestions?
>
> http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1385.jpg
> http://www.panix.com/~wb8foz/Pickman/IMG_1386.jpg

Perhaps this one?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/6189-0165-Sumitomo-QLW-250-3_60464633506.html

https://www.auto-click.co.uk/6189-0165

--
Cheers
Clive

Jasen Betts

Jul 11, 2023, 6:00:45 AM7/11/23
On 2023-07-10, David Lesher <wb8...@panix.com> wrote:
> These are used in a Pickman, a Chinese 72V electric utility vehicle.
> They look very familiar but I've never placed a name to them.
> Any suggestions?

Is it important to have waterproof connectors?

the contacts look like standard quick-connects if you don't neew
waterproof.

There will be a makers mark somewhere on the shell

Or try here, you may need to measure things.
https://connectorbook.com/identification.html

--
Jasen.
🇺🇦 Слава Україні

Theo

Jul 11, 2023, 6:49:11 AM7/11/23
It reminds me of motorcycle connectors, of which there's a good selection
here:
http://www.cycleterminal.com/motorcycle-connectors.html

One of the Sumitomos does look like a good bet.

Theo