SCHEMA software from Omation

John Weisgerber

Dec 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/19/95

Hello,

We use an old schematic capture program called SCHEMA from a company called
Omation which appears to be gone. We are currently having problems locating
Video drivers for newer VGA cards to work with this program. My questions:

Does anybody know if Omation still exists - bought out, name change, or
other?

Does anybody know where drivers for SCHEMA could be gotten?

Thanks for any info,

John Weisgerber
jweis...@view-mi.com

Mary Leasure

Dec 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/22/95
Omation was bought out by Accel Corporation (the makers of Tango)in San
Diego, CA about two years ago. They would know where to locate drivers,
if available, but I believe they merged their tools set with Tango, their
program,

Hope this helps!!

Charles Lane

Dec 22, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/22/95
In article <4b767m$d...@pravda.aa.msen.com> jweis...@viewmi.pnet.msen.com (John Weisgerber) writes:
>We use an old schematic capture program called SCHEMA from a company called
>Omation which appears to be gone. We are currently having problems locating
>Video drivers for newer VGA cards to work with this program. My questions:

>Does anybody know if Omation still exists - bought out, name change, or
>other?

Bought out by (?orcad? one of the big guys), new owner co. doesn't support
but provides an upgrade path to their own products. I have a phone # in my
notes of (619)554-1000 from when I tried to track down Omation last year. Call
it and see if anyone answers :-)

>Does anybody know where drivers for SCHEMA could be gotten?

I doubt if you can get updated drivers, but you should still be able to run
with your display in "plain vanilla" VGA mode.

--
Chuck Lane "I wish to God these calculations
Drexel Univ. Particle Physics had been accomplished by steam."

Bill Whitlock

Sep 5, 2022, 2:01:01 AM9/5/22
I still use Schema III and still have the original 3-ring binder (remember when software came with a manual?) and the last release on disk, version 3.34. The program came with lots of video drivers, many rather generic, I've had no problem using it with modern monitors ... as long as the monitor has a VGA connector, it will likely work.
Bill Whitlock
engine...@verizon.net
Ventura, CA, USA

joshua smith

Jun 20, 2023, 6:11:31 PM6/20/23
Mr.Whitlock,

Any chance I can enlist your services to pull some schema drawings out into a PDF format? We have the schema software but no machines to run it. I really need to pull these drawings out.
Thank you, Josh
Message has been deleted