Solar charger

AK

Aug 9, 2021, 3:06:34 PMAug 9
I have a solar charging I am using with my car battery.

The current voltage of the battery is 12.7 volts.

And the charger is still charging.

Here are some specs for the charger.

Rated power output = 5W
Operating power voltage = 18V
Operating power current = .33A
Trickle charging current = .2A
Floating charging Voltage = 13.8
Overcharge Protection Voltage = 14.1 Voltage

At what battery voltage will my solar charging stop?

Thanks,
Andy

Tom Biasi

Aug 9, 2021, 3:21:03 PMAug 9
With those currents probably by 2055.

AK

Aug 9, 2021, 3:25:00 PMAug 9
Do you mean 20.55 volts?

Wouldn't that be a little overcharged?

Andy

Tom Biasi

Aug 9, 2021, 3:43:21 PMAug 9
I think you know its the year. More accurately, never.

AK

Aug 9, 2021, 4:55:06 PMAug 9
Your answer was of no help.

And it was flippant as well.

Andy

Tom Biasi

Aug 9, 2021, 5:07:37 PMAug 9
I'm sorry it was of no help but it was true. At that charge rate you
would be lucky to stay ahead of self discharge.

AK

Aug 9, 2021, 11:05:45 PMAug 9
I guess you did not factor in my alternator.

Andy

Tom Biasi

Aug 9, 2021, 11:50:16 PMAug 9
Really?
Grow up.

Wond

Aug 11, 2021, 11:03:29 AMAug 11
For a "12V"lead-acid battery, nominal full charge is 13.8V (2.3V per
cell)

Peter

Aug 15, 2021, 4:20:39 PMAug 15
Nah. 5 minutes to 9.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg