Automated Power Cycle

ABLE1

Mar 24, 2021, 12:09:25 PMMar 24
Hey all,

Has anyone used or installed a 120volt power relay that would allow
for a 23 hour 59 minute on time and a 1 minute off time that would
then repeat the cycle??

The desire would be to have a remote device do a daily reboot without
human intervention.

I know I can build one to do the job but I was wondering if someone
knows of a device that would be off the shelf available to just plug in.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Les

Jeff Layman

Mar 24, 2021, 12:27:00 PMMar 24
Seems to me something like this would do what you want:
<https://www.amazon.com/Techbee-Countdown-Programmalbe-Electrical-Appliances/dp/B086DN9QT3/ref=sr_1_15?crid=GFN85VMPZ9ZX&dchild=1&keywords=timer+switch&qid=1616602941&sprefix=timer%2Caps%2C255&sr=8-15>

See under "More Features":

"Daily ON-OFF Timer

With this feature, you can set up to 3 daily ON-OFF programs; each
program will repeat once every day. For example, you can use this timer
to reboot your router by setting it to go off at 2:00 am and come back
on at 2:05 am. The adjustable time is from 1 minute to 23 h 59 mins."

--

Jeff

ABLE1

Mar 24, 2021, 1:22:23 PMMar 24
Thanks Jeff,

Yes that should do the job!!

Have a good day.

Les

whit3rd

Mar 27, 2021, 4:40:03 AMMar 27
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 9:09:25 AM UTC-7, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Has anyone used or installed a 120volt power relay that would allow
> for a 23 hour 59 minute on time and a 1 minute off time that would
> then repeat the cycle??
>
> The desire would be to have a remote device do a daily reboot without
> human intervention.

If it's a computer, you can just program it. What else does 'reboot'?

Power-cycling a computer by interrupting AC power is stressful in ways
that simply rebooting is not.