Re: Splattering solder into eye?

Benderthe.evilrobot

Sep 17, 2016, 3:10:51 PM9/17/16

"WW" <cc...@bresnan.net> wrote in message
news:4OCdnfzNq5p4_57U...@bresnan.com...

> "Peter Hucker" <no...@spam.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone ever actually been unlucky enough to get solder splattering
>> into their eye? I've had it hit my leg, hand, and face, but never in my
>> eye. How bad is it?
>>
>> --
>> http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
>> http://www.petersphotos.com
>>
>> Confuscious say: "War doesn't determine who's right. War determines
>> who's left."
>
> Not bad, you may just loose your eye. WEAR SAFTY GLASSES!

You need a pretty big blob to do permanent damage, but even a small one can
be painful.

Its something that happens sometimes - mine are usually on difficult solder
joints when salvaging parts, sometimes a solder joint spits as you heat it.

When harvesting components with a pencil blowtorch; the spitting can be
hotter - but I hold the board looking at it edgewise, the spitting goes
sideways and nowhere near my face.