How to.......

winte...@earthlink.net

Jul 11, 2002, 12:52:05 PM7/11/02
Can someone explain to me how to adjust a pot to particular hz?
thank you.

claire

Ian Stirling

Jul 11, 2002, 6:05:00 PM7/11/02
winte...@earthlink.net wrote:

> Can someone explain to me how to adjust a pot to particular hz?
> thank you.

Unfortunately your question doesn't actually mean anything.

A potentiometer is a resistor, with a variable tap on it.
It doesn't generate frequency, only resistance.
In conjunction with other stuff, it can form an oscillator, for which
you might use an oscilloscope, frequency counter, tuning fork, diffraction
grating, grid-dip meter, spectrum analyser or BFO to set to a frequency.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | mailto:inqui...@i.am | Ian Stirling.
Tad Williams has an interesting new fantasy: http://www.shadowmarch.com/

tweeks

Jul 14, 2002, 5:10:36 PM7/14/02

Hey Claire...

If you want to get some of these fundamental concepts down, you might
want to dig into a beginner electronics books such as this one by
Forrest Mimms. It's one of the most popular beginner books:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/999133226X/103-6239052-3997437

But the short answer to your question is as the other gentleman
answered... Pots are purely resistive... There is no time/frequency
component. But add a Capacitor.. and then you can "tune" a frequency.

Get the Mimms books and dig in. Great stuff!

And feel free to ask anyone here about this stuff if you get lost, or
you don't get something.

Tweeks