Can USA SEC or FTC please step in and stop some London Investment house stealing 2% of AP's investment in Glaxo GSK.

1 view

plutonium....@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2022, 7:08:56 PM7/23/22
Can USA SEC or FTC please step in and stop some London Investment house stealing 2% of AP's investment in Glaxo GSK.

Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
2:56 PM (3 hours ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe
More AT&T //#707 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory.

I could not pass up on a bargain of $18.27 for AT&T on friday 22, July. But did have a few spare change of excess cash. So bought 20 more of AT&T at 18.27.

More AT&T //#707 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory.

PORTFOLIO of PAF of 22July2022

T 35,490 AT&T

GSK 700

VZ 100

Discovery 8100

__________

44,390

Total share-wealth-units last reported which was 27May2022 was 44,370.

And total share-wealth-units today is 44,390, and today is 22July2022.

With a tiny bit of excess cash, bought 20 more shares of AT&T at 18.27.

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
3:35 PM (2 hours ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe

Disgusting GSK reverse stock split// #708 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory.

I just now have learned of GSK reverse stock split of ratio 4 to 5, which went into effect on friday 22July2022.

As you can imagine-- expecting to see 700 shares all of a sudden become 560 shares and a new share company of HLN be 700 shares.

So my first reaction was disgust. Who does, or why do, a reverse stock split?? I cannot imagine a reverse stock split ever benefiting share holders. I suppose the reverse was done just so the CEO of GSK is better off more secure in her job, at the expense of shareholders. In my mind, the rightful move would have been 700 of HLN with 700GSK in tact. No, I am now reduced from 700 GSK to that of 560 GSK. In my mind that is a stealing of 140 GSK from AP. Who in the world does a reverse stock split, except a company who is in some form of trouble, and has their heads screwed on backwards. A company that is successful would have given me my original 700 GSK plus 700 HLN, or even just 560HLN so long as my 700 GSK remained in place.

AT&T recently had a company wide overhaul, but when all was said and done, I had my original AT&T shares plus the new company shares. Comparing that to Glaxo, for Glaxo screwed AP who had 700 GSK before and afterwards has but 560 GSK, a stealing of 140 shares.

My portfolio is now.

PORTFOLIO of PAF of 22July2022
T 35,490 AT&T
GSK 560
HLN 700
VZ 100
Discovery 8100
__________
44,950

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
4:53 PM (1 hour ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe
Sorry, this is getting to be more and more complicated with each passing hour.

--- quoting from GSK website ---
GSK (GSK) has 2 splits in our GSK stock split history database. The first split for GSK took place on July 19, 2022. This was a 8 for 10 reverse split, meaning for each 10 shares of GSK owned pre-split, the shareholder now owned 8 shares. For example, a 1000 share position pre-split, became a 800 share position following the split. GSK's second split took place on July 22, 2022. This was a 1226 for 1000 split, meaning for each 1000 shares of GSK owned pre-split, the shareholder now owned 1226 shares. For example, a 800 share position pre-split, became a 980.8 share position following the split.
When a company such as GSK splits its shares, the market capitalization before and after the split takes place remains stable, meaning the shareholder now owns more shares but each are valued at a lower price per share. Often, however, a lower priced stock on a per-share basis can attract a wider range of buyers. If that increased demand causes the share price to appreciate, then the total market capitalization rises post-split. This does not always happen, however, often depending on the underlying fundamentals of the business. When a company such as GSK conducts a reverse share split, it is usually because shares have fallen to a lower per-share pricepoint than the company would like. This can be important because, for example, certain types of mutual funds might have a limit governing which stocks they may buy, based upon per-share price. The $5 and $10 pricepoints tend to be important in this regard. Stock exchanges also tend to look at per-share price, ....

--- end quoting ---

So at the moment my portfolio is showing 700 Haleon shares and 560 GSK shares down from 700.

But if the above is true, then I should get 560 X 1.226 = 686.56 shares of GSK, down from 700 by approximately 14 shares. And I can certainly live content with that. But ask the simple question, why go through all this comedy math when you just simply keep every shareholder with same quantity he/she started with.

Is it that some idiot investment house in London told GSK, do this comedy math so our investment house can make more money in doing frivolous math.

Archimedes Plutonium's profile photo
Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>
5:24 PM (1 hour ago)

to Plutonium Atom Universe
No, on second thought, I am not content with the fact that I started with 700 shares GSK and will end up with 686, losing 14 shares. For I bet that those 14 shares goes out to paying some "idiot investment house in London overseeing the transaction". This idiot investment house sets a ratio of 4 to 5 reverse split then sets the ratio of 1226 to 1000 split.

The idiot investment house gives some dumbarse excuse of fluctuation in market price, but their real aim is to have shareholders pay for the idiot investment house, pay their wages for doing the deal.

Here in the USA, AT&T went through a similar transaction splitting off Time Warner to Discovery TV. And AT&T is above honest, in that they would never dream of stealing from shareholders, in order to pay for their dumbarse wages by some dumbarse London investment house. So AP loses 14 shares from 700 shares, all because Glaxo hired a dumb arse investment house to screw shareholders of 686/700 is 2% of their investment with GSK.

Is all of London investment firms as stealing and conniving as this????

On Saturday, July 23, 2022 at 4:55:17 PM UTC-5, plutonium....@gmail.com wrote:

> Archimedes Plutonium<plutonium....@gmail.com>

> 3:35 PM (1 hour ago)

> 

> 

> 

> to Plutonium Atom Universe

> Disgusting GSK reverse stock split// #708 Optimal Strategy of Playing the StockMarket via VonNeumann Game Theory.

> I just now have learned of GSK reverse stock split of ratio 4 to 5, which went into effect on friday 22July2022.

> As you can imagine-- expecting to see 700 shares all of a sudden become 560 shares and a new share company of HLN be 700 shares.

> So my first reaction was disgust. Who do a reverse stock split?? I cannot imagine a reverse stock split ever benefiting share holders. I suppose the reverse was done just so the CEO of GSK is better off more secure in her job, at the expense of shareholders. In my mind, the rightful move would have been 700 of HLN with 700GSK in tact. No, I am now reduced from 700 GSK to that of 560 GSK. In my mind that is a stealing of 140 GSK from AP. Who in the world does a reverse stock split, except a company who is in some form of trouble, and has their heads screwed on backwards. A company that is successful would have given me my original 700 GSK plus 700 HLN, or even just 560HLN so long as my 700 GSK remained in place.

> AT&T recently had a company wide overhaul, but when all was said and done, I had my original AT&T shares plus the new company shares. Comparing that to Glaxo, for Glaxo screwed AP who had 700 GSK before and afterwards has but 560 GSK, a stealing of 140 shares.

> My portfolio is now.

> PORTFOLIO of PAF of 22July2022

> T 35,490 AT&T

> GSK 560

> HLN 700

> VZ 100

> Discovery 8100

> 44,950

> 

Please, SEC, FTC, please stop the LITTLE STEAL of my 14 shares of GSK, all so that some Investment House can steal from people. Pretending that a reverse split 5 to 4 then backed by a split 1226 to 1000, pretending it is some mechanical way of doing business, when all it is-- is stealing from shareholders.