Dear Mr. President

G L

Feb 18, 2020, 9:10:35 PM2/18/20
G L
Feb 6
Dear Mr. President:

I was orphaned at 4 mos. and bounced around as an unwanted child with no mother or father and no consistent foster family nor was i adopted. During those 16 years i survived leukemia and severe child abuse and neglect.At 9 i maxxed out the WISC which ended in 12th grade of high school.At 15 i was tested and told i should be in college immediately at any university or college including the likes of MIT, Harvard,Caltech, etc. but no one listened as after all I was in fact unwanted. At 15 i was sent to a hard labor program run by a state licensed contractor where i endured breaking huge granite boulders and digging 10-15 hours per day in the hot summer sun- for the crime of being a homeless teen.That same year, i tried several suicide attempts as i gave into despair from feeling unwanted and came very close. At 16 i worked 2 and 3 jobs to pay rent for a modest studio apartment and put myself through high school graduating in Honor Society. For the next 18 years i worked from 60 to 104 hours every week to support myself and get my college and tech school degrees. I had no family or other support systems to back me up or help shoulder the burden. By the time i graduated high school i had paid $12,000 in rent, $4000 in food and more for my own survival. This $16,000 figure was in 1980 dollars.
I paid taxes and social security starting at age 14. I never qualified for food stamps and i could not get a Pell grant because i made $200 above the maximum to qualify because of my 2-3 jobs i needed to survive. Every job i applied for i had to compete against people who had no idea whatsoever the challenges i had overcome and recruiter after recruiter sat in judgement of me. Harvard decided i was unworthy of them and it had been my dream since a 10 year old boy visiting the Peabody Museum to attend its halls. When AIDS first emerged i sent a problem solving letter to Dr. Anthony Fauci of CDC on how to battle the problem that was taken into consideration by him. I held several patents pending on how to cure any bacterial,fungal or viral infection in plants,animals, or humans.Over a 20 year period i gave to many many causes in time and money.
During Clinton's presidency for the first time my in life i was prospering. Even though i made less than the median income nationwide at that time, i prospered in that it was the best income i had ever had. All my life just to make what was considered the average income, i had to work 50 to 60 hours compared to what most people earned in 40. Clinton signed NAFTA and high tech jobs quickly became replaced with temp jobs-- then no jobs at all as they got shipped overseas.The resulting exodus of jobs left me unemployed and homeless living out of my small car i could not even sleep with outstretched legs in. All i wanted was a decent job to help me support myself as i had for almost 20 years earlier. I even offered to work for free to gain new skills that will improve job marketability and no company would give me a chance. For a combined total of almost 4 years i lived in my car, eating poorly and constantly exhausted and constantly afraid the police would pick me up after someone reported a stranger sleeping in their car. During these years i got part time jobs that couldnt allow me a place to live but did buy me food and gas and pay for a spa membership that i could wash in and coin to do laundry. My health deteriorated during this and i became diabetic. I was forced to work jobs that resulted in massive musculoskeletal injuries because the good jobs were far and few between. I had a mind but no employers gave me a chance to use it.
Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO) judges me the same as anyone. A person could be the son of Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates and yet i was judged the same. In this society of ours an orphan and a prince are considered equal in opportunity.
It is not important who i am. I have great sorrow. I wanted to use my intelligence to help people and solve problems to make people's lives better.I had great dreams and they were crushed but i used that to become a benefactor of many causes and projects.
Now as i become an old man, fortunate if i am in a job that gives 1% or more pay increases each year on a salary that is 1/3 that of median national income I wonder what waste this unwanted life has been as i am not successful. I have given up dreams of a good job because people half my age are making hiring decisions about me that have as much clue to my background as a Van Gogh is to a blind man. In this society i will never know what it is like to grow up in a family, to own my home, feel appreciated in my work,have a wife that loves me or kids i can call mine. It has not been through lack of effort but perhaps of fate.
I am white. I am American. I am unwanted. And this story is real.

CC: Donald Trump
Barak Obama
George Bush Jr.
Bill Clinton