Communism and Mistreatment

Ilya Shambat

Jan 27, 2023, 1:33:19 AM1/27/23
I have known many people justifying their ill treatment of their partners or people who worked for them by claiming that they were bad people.

My response to that is that if you are getting something out of your relationship with another person, you have to be good to them whatever you believe their character to be.

There is an anecdote. A man tells the king, “The peasants are revolting.” The king says, “Yes, they most certainly are.” Yet he owed his ability to live as a king to the peasants. They provided for his lifestyle. So when people such as him got hit with Communism, they got exactly what they deserved.

In much of the world, the business has since then learned its lesson. When I worked in the computer industry, I was being treated well. But these people need to understand that you don’t get the loyalty of your workers for long by treating them like trash. You need to be better to your people, then you won’t get things such as Communism.

Communism was very wrong. But it tapped into a legitimate sentiment. Once again, it is complete folly for business to treat the workers like dirt. A lot of people supported Communism for right reasons. They weren’t seeking handouts from the government. They disliked seeing working people being treated badly; and that is a completely legitimate and ethical sentiment.

If business wants to avoid a recurrence of things such as Communism, it would keep to these realizations. It would recognize that they need the worker, and if you need someone you better treat him right. I do not want Communism. I want better treatment of people. And a true Christian would support that, whether or not he is in business.

I support capitalism. I do not however support people being treated like dirt. The Communist leaders treated their workers like dirt as well, and they were not better in that regard than the capitalists. If you treat the people you work with like dirt, you will not get their loyalty for long. And then people will go to things such as Communism, making all sorts of problems for you.