New research paper management tool: Mendeley

jan.re...@mendeley.com

Mar 3, 2009, 8:02:30 AM3/3/09
Hi Sci.Econ.Research group,

We are Jan and Victor, two doctoral students (University of Cologne
and Bauhaus-University of Weimar, Germany) and the founders of
Mendeley (http://www.mendeley.com), a new free research paper
management tool. Since you're probably all dealing with research
papers and scholarly articles in economics, we hoped it might be of
interest if we told you about Mendeley.

Mendeley is a combination of free academic software (available for
Windows, Mac and Linux) and a Web 2.0 research network - both
combined, they enable you
- to manage and share your research papers,
- to discover research trends, and
- to connect with like-minded academics.

You can have a look at the features here: http://www.mendeley.com/tour.

We're happy to say that we've just gotten an investment from the
people behind Skype, Last.fm and Warner Music to develop Mendeley
further: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/02/25/mendeley-snags-2-million-in-early-stage-funding-for-research-paper-management-tool/.

Additionally, we've started collaborating with CiteULike, the leading
social bookmarking tool for researchers:
http://www.mendeley.com/blog/2009/02/citeulike-and-mendeley-collaborate/.

Academics at universities like Cambridge, Johns Hopkins, and Columbia
are recommending us to their colleagues (for example, see the user
quotes on our homepage), and a number of librarians have already given
us great reviews (e.g. http://mblog.lib.umich.edu/dentlib/archives/2009/02/mendeley--resea.html
or http://libguides.dartmouth.edu/content.php?pid=6051&sid=191840).

Apologies for this mail if it doesn't interest you - but if it does,
you'd be doing us a huge favour by helping us to spread the word. And
if you'd like any further information or have feedback, please just
let us know!

Thanks and all the best,
Jan + Victor

http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/jan-reichelt