A very sneaky take on hiding Eve

28 views
Skip to first unread message

MM

unread,
Sep 3, 2021, 2:06:57 PMSep 3
to
This scars me more than somewhat. Can you ever trust a cable again?

https://shop.hak5.org/products/o-mg-cable-usb-a

M
--

Leo

unread,
Sep 3, 2021, 5:38:08 PMSep 3
to
I imagine most high-end devices will have encrypted and authenticated
I/O in the future. It doesn't help that overly complicated specs give
serial / direct memory access to systems instead of being dumb I/O
ports.

Most wireless equipment is already encrypted and authenticated, a
sneaky cable usually isn't considered a risk but that will change soon
I think.

--
Leo

711 Spooky Mart

unread,
Sep 25, 2021, 8:26:30 AMSep 25
to
What scares me more is the likelihood of ordering this kind of device
getting one put on a permanent, high-priority watch list.

You may think you are doing the spying while purchase paints a target.

--
███████████████████████████████████
█░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░███
█░░███████░░█░░████░░███░░████░░███ [chan] 711
█░░░░░░░██░░█░░░░██░░███░░░░██░░███ spooky mart
██████░░██░░███░░██░░█████░░██░░███ always open
██████░░██░░███░░██░░█████░░██░░███ stay spooky
██████░░██░░█░░░░██░░░░█░░░░██░░░░█ https://bitmessage.org
██████░░██░░█░░██████░░█░░██████░░█
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░█
███████████████████████████████████

Chris M. Thomasson

unread,
Sep 25, 2021, 4:18:31 PMSep 25
to
On 9/25/2021 5:27 AM, 711 Spooky Mart wrote:
> On 9/3/21 1:06 PM, MM wrote:
>> This scars me more than somewhat. Can you ever trust a cable again?
>>
>> https://shop.hak5.org/products/o-mg-cable-usb-a
>>
>> M
>>
>
> What scares me more is the likelihood of ordering this kind of device
> getting one put on a permanent, high-priority watch list.
>
> You may think you are doing the spying while purchase paints a target.
>

Order it through a zombie computer using a stolen means for payment.
Have it sent to an address of, say, an abandoned house. Ahhh, even that
might not work.

711 Spooky Mart

unread,
Sep 26, 2021, 9:22:50 AMSep 26
to
Three neighboring houses might have security cameras to catch the grift.
One could pay a local wino a couple hundred quid to do the purchase and
deliver in a dark alley. There is technically nothing illegal that way.

Chris M. Thomasson

unread,
Sep 26, 2021, 4:14:42 PMSep 26
to
On 9/26/2021 6:22 AM, 711 Spooky Mart wrote:
> On 9/25/21 3:18 PM, Chris M. Thomasson wrote:
>> On 9/25/2021 5:27 AM, 711 Spooky Mart wrote:
>>> On 9/3/21 1:06 PM, MM wrote:
>>>> This scars me more than somewhat. Can you ever trust a cable again?
>>>>
>>>> https://shop.hak5.org/products/o-mg-cable-usb-a
>>>>
>>>> M
>>>>
>>>
>>> What scares me more is the likelihood of ordering this kind of device
>>> getting one put on a permanent, high-priority watch list.
>>>
>>> You may think you are doing the spying while purchase paints a target.
>>>
>>
>> Order it through a zombie computer using a stolen means for payment.
>> Have it sent to an address of, say, an abandoned house. Ahhh, even that
>> might not work.
>
> Three neighboring houses might have security cameras to catch the grift.

Yeah... Big time.


> One could pay a local wino a couple hundred quid to do the purchase and
> deliver in a dark alley. There is technically nothing illegal that way.

That might also work, until Eve has one of its minions waiting for one
of the proxies (perhaps, a wino) in the dark alley. Argh!

Perhaps the wino drinks a shitload of wine, and fucks up. Argh!
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages