For AOB and anyone else looking at writing and breaking codes

David Eather

Nov 24, 2021, 3:57:50 AM11/24/21
This is probably a good book - I say probably because it wants you to
learn a bit of the python language in the process. Most people consider
python very nice, easy to learn, liking the syntax and relaxed
formatting. It is much better than (at least IMO) Java and is a popular
choice for a first or second language. And you said at one time you were
interested in learning a second language. Perl was a really hard choice.
Many professional programmers won't touch it. Python is much better.

And the subject matter how to break and write codes is pretty on song
for this news group.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cracking-Codes-Python-Introduction-Building

Have a look, there is probably a free sample available for kindle. So
grab that for a quick look. Personally for the 2 pounds difference for
the full copy I would buy the physical book. I have a lot of kindle
books but am not a big fan of kindle for serious books - just my opinion

Chris M. Thomasson

Nov 24, 2021, 4:27:40 PM11/24/21
On 11/24/2021 12:57 AM, David Eather wrote:
> This is probably a good book - I say probably because it wants you to
> learn a bit of the python language in the process. Most people consider
> python very nice, easy to learn, liking the syntax and relaxed
> formatting. It is much better than (at least IMO) Java and is a popular
> choice for a first or second language. And you said at one time you were
> interested in learning a second language. Perl was a really hard choice.
> Many professional programmers won't touch it. Python is much better.

Python is pretty damn nice. Fwiw, the impl that Leo wrote of my HMAC
cipher is really nice, and clean:

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.crypt/c/TLdXMi7k3W8/m/KEak1gygAwAJ

> And the subject matter how to break and write codes is pretty on song
> for this news group.
>
> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cracking-Codes-Python-Introduction-Building
>
> Have a look, there is probably a free sample available for kindle. So
> grab that for a quick look. Personally for the 2 pounds difference for
> the full copy I would buy the physical book. I have a lot of kindle
> books but am not a big fan of kindle for serious books - just my opinion

I could not get to it using the link. This one should work:

https://www.amazon.com/Cracking-Codes-Python-Introduction-Building/dp/1593278225