ASLEC Uploads.

austin obyrne

Nov 24, 2021, 3:53:24 AM11/24/21
I have uploaded two repeat programs of my ASLEC cipher
to my website at https://www.aslec.uk

1) Repeat- Batch_Encryption_Programme_Mark_0.adb
2) Repeat- Ceneral_Decryption_Program_Mark_0.adb

The new programs have totally new Keypads that are more
typical of how this cipher works. The uploaded program
differs only in that respect from previously uploaded programs.

The intention is to show the difference in how keypads
may work. Normal working procedures provides a different
key pad as Alice thinks fit.

The earlier upload used a Keypad which turned the arrays
in question right around i.e. it turned the arrays round
end-for-end. That is always a perfectly acceptable option
for increased entanglement. This is deliberately designed
confusion so as to increase the intractability of the
ciphertext to Eve.

Comment:
This program decrypts an encrypted file of 31,000 characters
in about 3 seconds on my old ‘ Leveno ‘ home computer with
Windows 10 operating system.

Enjoy,.

Austin O'Byrne.

Leo

Nov 24, 2021, 4:04:05 AM11/24/21
I have a few questions.

Any comments on Colin's break?

Is this version sufficiently different to prevent further breaks?

Is there a key schedule yet? Even a really terrible one that takes a key
and nonce to produce your vectors would probably help since you have
nothing right now.

Am I able to download it, give it a plaintext and a key and later decrypt
it with the same key and the ciphertext output?

What is the recommended authentication method for this cipher? Should we
use something standard like HMAC? Or is there a vector-hash or something
similar?

--
Leo

Richard Heathfield

Nov 24, 2021, 4:06:40 AM11/24/21
On 24/11/2021 08:53, austin obyrne wrote:
> I have uploaded two repeat programs of my ASLEC cipher

You have not yet commented on Colin's posting of the plaintext to your
recent challenge.

<snip>

> Comment:
> This program decrypts an encrypted file of 31,000 characters
> in about 3 seconds on my old ‘ Leveno ‘ home computer with
> Windows 10 operating system.

10kB/s is nothing to boast about. Performance isn't your biggest problem
by a long way, but it's still a big problem for you.

Using a 256-bit key, CDX5 encrypts Shakespeare's 5.5 MB in less than a
second: 550 times as fast as ASLEC, and a damn sight more securely too.

For comparison, AES is a hundred times faster than CDX, making it 50,000
times as fast as ASLEC.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

austin obyrne

Nov 24, 2021, 4:51:40 AM11/24/21
Hi Leo,

Colin's so-called break was not a break per se
- there will never be a situation where Eve is
handed the decryption program as I have done with Colin.
- I am satisfied with all aspects of this cipher. -

Austin O'Byrne.

Richard Heathfield

Nov 24, 2021, 5:50:30 AM11/24/21
On 24/11/2021 09:51, austin obyrne wrote:
> Colin's so-called break was not a break per se

Bollocks. Plaintext is plaintext is plaintext.

> - there will never be a situation where Eve is
> handed the decryption program as I have done with Colin.

Kerckhoffs's Principle - we assume that the adversary has at his
disposal the machine.

> - I am satisfied with all aspects of this cipher.

What you're saying is that if the machine falls into enemy hands, your
cryptosystem cannot protect secrets. That's, quite frankly, pathetic.

MM

Nov 24, 2021, 1:56:47 PM11/24/21
On Wednesday, 24 November 2021 at 09:51:40 UTC, austin obyrne wrote:
> - I am satisfied with all aspects of this cipher. -

Your satisfaction is irrelevant.

If you want your cipher to be accepted, you need to satisfy your
potential customers. I don't expect you to understand this.