NAPALM : Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages

NAPALM

Sep 18, 2022, 3:24:36 AM9/18/22
Salutations to ye netizens of ye olde Usenet. Do any of you know how to
trim your posts before submitting?

I have to spend most of my Usenet reading time scrolling past quoted
text, rather than reading. Many posts appear as gangly hydras of broken
quotational gibberish lines. This ungainly sight is a digital horror.

Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages (NAPALM) is here to help
educate you about cultivating a positive and blossoming reading
experience without the word wall weeds choking the binary blooms.

<trim> your talk.
<snip> your screed.
<redact> your rant.
<condense> your caterwaul.

For Heaven's sake, cut it out, literally. Trim the phatt phrum yer
portly posts, please!

--

Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages

[17] msgcode : O4PQZUHYYJ2WQWXB634VQVIYWEQE7KUK7YAZRL

Kerr-Mudd, John

Sep 18, 2022, 7:52:40 AM9/18/22
On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 02:27:20 -0500
NAPALM <tr...@your.post> wrote:

xposted; suspect troll.

fu set to binbucket

> --
>
> Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages
>
> [17] msgcode : O4PQZUHYYJ2WQWXB634VQVIYWEQE7KUK7YAZRL

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Scott Dorsey

Sep 18, 2022, 8:30:53 AM9/18/22
In article <20220918125236.f57d...@127.0.0.1>,
Kerr-Mudd, John <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 02:27:20 -0500
>NAPALM <tr...@your.post> wrote:
>
>xposted; suspect troll.
>

>fu set to binbucket
>
>> --
>>
>> Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages
>>
>> [17] msgcode : O4PQZUHYYJ2WQWXB634VQVIYWEQE7KUK7YAZRL

He was likely a troll, but he was a troll with a good message, and he didn't
top-post. Please don't top-post.
--scott

Kerr-Mudd, John

Sep 18, 2022, 10:44:00 AM9/18/22
On 18 Sep 2022 12:30:49 -0000
klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

> In article <20220918125236.f57d...@127.0.0.1>,
> Kerr-Mudd, John <ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> >On Sun, 18 Sep 2022 02:27:20 -0500
> >NAPALM <tr...@your.post> wrote:

this is where my [snipped] message should have appeared.

> >xposted; suspect troll.
> >

> >fu set to binbucket
> >
> >> --
> >>
> >> Netizens Against Portly And Long Messages
> >>
> >> [17] msgcode : O4PQZUHYYJ2WQWXB634VQVIYWEQE7KUK7YAZRL
>
> He was likely a troll, but he was a troll with a good message, and he didn't
> top-post. Please don't top-post.

I agree. No-one should top-post. I don't. I may have snipped badly, but I
didn't top-post.

But you forgot to mention that you'd cancelled the followups, so I guess
we're even.

> --scott

[misleading non-sig text left in]