Significance of Schnorr's "Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"?

Francois Grieu

May 9, 2009, 10:21:45 AM5/9/09

Hello,

at the rump session of Eurocrypt 2009,
http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/
Claus P. Schnorr reportedly presented slides
titled "Average Time Fast SVP and CVP Algorithms:
Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"
http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/e074d37e10ad1ad227200ea7ba36cf73.pdf

I hardly understand 1/4 of the mathematical notation
used, and can't even distinguish the thing from a
(very well done) prank.

Anyone dare risk a comment?

Francois Grieu

coderman

May 11, 2009, 7:05:45 AM5/11/09

On May 9, 7:21=A0am, Francois Grieu <fgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... "Average Time Fast SVP and CVP Algorithms:
> Factoring Integers in Polynomial Time"http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/e=
074d37e10ad1ad227200ea7ba36cf73.pdf

at first glance this appears to be a discussion of the work presented
by the same author in http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~vidick/JoMC08.pdf

it is not clear to me either just how much of a practical impact the
improved NEW ENUM / heuristic variant of AKS will be.

Francois Grieu

May 14, 2009, 8:12:54 AM5/14/09

coderman wrote:
> On May 9, 7:21=A0am, Francois Grieu <fgr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ... "Average Time Fast SVP and CVP Algorithms:

http://eurocrypt2009rump.cr.yp.to/e074d37e10ad1ad227200ea7ba36cf73.pdf

> at first glance this appears to be a discussion of the work presented
> by the same author in http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~vidick/JoMC08.pdf

How can Claus Schnorr and Thomas Vidick be "the same author"?

Francois Grieu