REQ: need info on calcium chloride cryotech process

1 view

ecoparity

Sep 4, 2009, 5:21:24 PM9/4/09
Several skyscrapers in Moscow were built on unstable ground filled with
submerged rivers and water during the time of Stalin's rule. The
engineers used a process where a calcium chloride solution was pumped
into large pipes driven into the ground which froze the earth and
prevented the water from destabilizing the building's support
structures.

I've been searching for information on this process, how the cryo
technology was accomplished and technical details on the solution and
the required operating methods but have been unable to come up with
anything. I'm sure teh right set of search parameters on Google would
suceed but I've been unable to come up with the magic combination.

I'd appreciate any links to background information on this process or
explainations from those with technical knowledge of the calcium
chloride process for creating a cryo cooled environment.
Thanks,
eco

Message has been deleted

schan...@gmail.com