Google Группы больше не поддерживают новые публикации и подписки в сети Usenet. Опубликованный ранее контент останется доступен.

koine = new testament?

1 просмотр

Ken Bibb

не прочитано,
12 окт. 1992 г., 14:00:3312.10.1992
I'm a beginner at Greek and Latin, so this is a clueless question :)

Do I have these definitions correct?

septuagint Greek Old Testament
koine Greek New Testament

Also, what kind of Greek is each written in?

Thanks!
--
Ken "You're right about the moon
jes...@crash.cts.com but wrong about the stars"--J. Browne

dho...@cbrown.claremont.edu

не прочитано,
13 окт. 1992 г., 12:46:3913.10.1992
In article <jester.7...@crash.cts.com>, jes...@crash.cts.com (Ken Bibb) writes:
> I'm a beginner at Greek and Latin, so this is a clueless question :)

> Do I have these definitions correct?

> septuagint Greek Old Testament

Or more properly, the canon of the Alexandrine Jews which
consists of the Hebrew canon translated into Greek (tradition
says by 70 translators who working independently ended up with
identical texts) plus a few additional books and additions to
canonical books. Of the additions roughly 50% are translations of
Semitic language works (attributed as such either by surmission
based on language or through discovery of lost originals). (btw
the 50% above is plus or minus 25% or so--I don't feel like doing
a mental survey just now.).

> koine Greek New Testament

Koine is the dialect of the New Testament. There is no funky name
like septuagint for the NT.

> Also, what kind of Greek is each written in?

I think, but am not sure, that the Septuagint is written largely
in the precursor to the NT Koine. There is a span of quite a few
centuries between the earliest translation and the latest
(tradition aside) so there are naturally some linguistic
differences in the LXX. Also, there are passages in the NT which
emulate the language of the LXX.

-dh

wil...@vax.oxford.ac.uk

не прочитано,
13 окт. 1992 г., 07:23:3813.10.1992
In article <jester.7...@crash.cts.com>, jes...@crash.cts.com (Ken Bibb) writes:
> I'm a beginner at Greek and Latin, so this is a clueless question :)
>
> Do I have these definitions correct?
>
> septuagint Greek Old Testament
I think so; if my memory serves it was a translation of the Hebrew OT.

> koine Greek New Testament
Here I think you're wrong: to me koine means the Greek that the NT was written
in. (The Greek current in the 1st century Roman Empire.) Most Greek NTs call
themselves "E Kaine Diatheke" (Doing my best to transliterate)---the Greek for
The New Testament.
--

Stephen Wilcox | Remember what happened to the dinosaurs!
wil...@maths.oxford.ac.uk | I did---and look what happened to me.

Ken Bibb

не прочитано,
15 окт. 1992 г., 10:58:2515.10.1992
Thanks to all who explained koine to me!

Any suggestions where I could find a Greek NT? Are all of them in Koine?

Jack Love

не прочитано,
15 окт. 1992 г., 20:41:3415.10.1992
In article <jester.7...@crash.cts.com> jes...@crash.cts.com (Ken Bibb) writes:
>Thanks to all who explained koine to me!
>
>Any suggestions where I could find a Greek NT? Are all of them in Koine?

American Bible Society (New York). The second question needs to be
refined. The NT was translated and reproduced often. There are
thousands of manuscripts of the Koine text, and thousands of
manuscripts in other dialects and languages with varying quantities
of disagreement as to which precedes which, etc.

Jack Love

0 новых сообщений