CHEAP!! 2000 Barington's Atlas of Greek and Roman World

Kyle Brown

Oct 22, 2000, 1:26:46 AM10/22/00
I happen to have extra copies of this book, and so I am selling them and I
thought I'd check the newsgroups and ask those who would really appreciate
it
rather than at a bookstore.

Barrington's Atlas of the Greek and RomanWorld is a hardcover (with PC/MAC
Cd-Rom) 13"X19" atlas, first printed in
September 2000, 99 full color maps printed on over 175 pages, this atlas
recreates the entire Greco-Roman world, from the British Isles to the Indian
subcontinent, ranging in time from 1000BC - 7th Century AD. Over 70
experts, aided by a large number of other consultants, worked from satellite
generated aeronautical charts, returning the modern landscape to its ancient
appearance and marking ancient names and features with up-to-date
research. The CD-Rom that comes with it is a map-to-map directory,
designed to provide information about every palce or feature in the
Barrington Atlas. The section for each map comprises of a concise text
drawing attention to special difficulties in mapping a region, such as
extensive landscape changes or uneven exploration, a listing of every name
and feature on the maps, with basic data about the period of occupation,
modern place names, brief references to relevant ancient testimony and
modern studies, and a bibliography of works citied for each area. It is
really an invaluable research tool and a work of art in its own right.

This book retails for $325 and is sold on Amazon.com for $250. I am
looking to sell my copy for $100 or best offer plus $6 shipping and
handling (but please, ask to buy for no lower than $75, don't break me!).
That is really a steal at this price. Email me at TrajanA...@cs.com.
My name
is Kyle, and if you are interested email me and we can talk. I understand
most people are wary about buying on-line without knowing the person, so
if you want we can exchange numbers and talk about it. Paypal
(www.paypal.com) is a pretty safe bet for both buyer and seller, since it
is free to sign up for and use the site and the payments are insured. Thank
you very
much.

Kyle