Re: Iron -- from local clay

1 view

Martin Fuller

Feb 25, 2005, 6:49:21 PM2/25/05
My guess is that the black stuff was magnetite Fe3O4. Why it didn't
react with the aluminum powder I don't know. Try dissolving it in HCl,
reprecipitating with aqueous NH3, drying, and then igniting.
Dydymus

map...@012.net.il

Mar 21, 2005, 6:20:03 AM3/21/05
i dont know how i found myself taking part in the
sci.chemistry
anyway i thing members here might find interest
in my little home made site
it is about atomic and nuclear structure
i myself am not a chemist
anyway as i sayed people migh find
my site very innovative and a lot of staff
for thinking
so my site is :
one of my 'shocking innovations' refutes the paradigma shell model of
electrons for heavy atoms!!. so:

http://www.geocities.com/porat_y/mypage.html
all th e best
Y.Porat